[Please Help!] Qualtrics Not Providing Secret Code

Discussion in 'Help & Guides' started by Alexandra in VT, Oct 4, 2020.

1. Alexandra in VT

Alexandra in VT Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +838
    "CD Error: Dynamic Secret Parameters Missing (This message should not appear when your Qualtrics survey is viewed starting from a launched Mechanical Turk link)"

I keep getting this everytime I do a qualtrics survey. It's the kind of message where you need to input your browser link into the box to generate a new code. I imagine it might be something with my browser, since I am literally getting this message every single time. Any tips?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Gerbilreaper

Gerbilreaper Active Turker

Ratings:
    +1,291
    @ChrisTurk would be the person most suited to help you solve the issue since he's basically the Guru of Mturk related tech around here. I believe the last time that happened to me it was a matter of clearing out my cache and cookies though. It was a long time ago but give that a shot and see if it helps.

• Like Like x 2
  3. MWT

MWT Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +2,032
    Same issue here

4. JanuaryRain

JanuaryRain New Turker

Ratings:
    +5
    Just chiming in to say that I've been having the same problem for at least a week now. I've tried clearing my cache, cookies, et cetera, but nothing has helped so far. I guess we'll see what happens.

5. t0nja

t0nja Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +7,236
    It has been happening to me ever sense the newest version of Chrome came out, sept 21st.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
  6. Alexandra in VT

Alexandra in VT Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +838
    It's reassuring to know that it's not necessarily my new computer that's broken!!! Thanks guys.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Sparrowmint

Sparrowmint Turker TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +82
    It started happening to me yesterday, which is around the time that I got around to updating chrome, so that would make sense. It's usually not a problem whenever the requesters provide those personalized qualtrics links that have the HIT ID/MTurk ID integrated into them, but a total PITA whenever a requester only posts a generic URL that doesn't have that info attached.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mouse

Mouse New Turker

Ratings:
    +19
    I vaguely remember this happening for a while on Chrome only, worked fine if I copied the link over to Firefox. Recently it just stopped being an issue for me, absolutely no idea why.
    Essentially, try different browsers maybe?

• Like Like x 1
  9. innocentdemand

innocentdemand New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
    It's been happening to me for a couple of weeks now and I also thought it was my new computer. Glad to know it's probably just Chrome being bad after an update, though.

10. receipt rejector

receipt rejector Active Turker

Ratings:
    +95
    • Like Like x 1
    • 5/5 Pay 5/5 Pay x 1
  11. Social Cognition Lab

Social Cognition Lab A3FCJX0FTFAB96

Ratings:
    +94
    Aw man! I work for a research lab and we had a couple of workers who had to email us due to this error. Sorry to hear it got so many of you! :(