recuring problem of ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

Discussion in 'Help & Guides' started by JosephKarne, Oct 23, 2020.

1. JosephKarne

JosephKarne New Turker

Ratings:
    +16
    Hello everyone I have a recuring problem of ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT. The error appeared on three browsers chrome, edge and firefox a few month ago. I generaly use windows to Turk but after the errors appeared I tried on my UBUNTU computer... same problem...The error appeared

Few information about my system. I use windows 10 2004 (version19041.572), I use windows defender. I am turking since july 2019 and I am located in France and I did around 20 000 HIT for 1500 us dollars. I do not use VPN nor proxys... At the beginnig I wasn't allow to withdraw but since last februaryI use my bank account.

The error is very random ; it can appear during a batch or a survey. At the beginning I thought it was linked to MTS, I disabled it to try, also uninstall ; it didn't change anything. I checjked the proxys, no proxys use. I generaly use an ethernet connection. More and more I think it's linked to the Windows update may 2004.

I have read a lot of thread here and there and didn't find a solution...
    does anyone else have the same prob ?
    Does anyone have a solution.

By the way thanks turkerviewer for your job and specialy thanks to @Kadauchi for your script ; it's an amazing tool.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
  2. Kadauchi

Kadauchi Administrator Former MTG MotM

Ratings:
    +8,589
    Where exactly (page URLs) are you seeing the ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT error at? Which userscripts and extensions are running on the pages that are generating the error?

• Like Like x 1
  3. JosephKarne

JosephKarne New Turker

Ratings:
    +16
    I don't know if that's what you asked... that's the URL I had on a chrome browser https://worker.mturk.com/?page_size=100&page_number=1
    when the error is done, I can try to refresh reload, same think....and then as magic Mturk come back alone...
    on that chrome browser the onlys scripts and extension I run are Mturk suite v2.6.13 and docs sheet and slide as extension...
    I hope I answer your question... thanks for your help.. here the 4 extension page of the 4 profil (2 in chrome, 1 firefox, 1 edge)
    chromprofil2.jpg chromeprof3.jpg firefoxprof1.jpg edgeprofil4.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
  4. JosephKarne

JosephKarne New Turker

Ratings:
    +16
    A last message to close the conversation; the reccuring error has disappeared as it has appeared without explaination from a day to another... I tried to find what was the the source, I inspected the page, sources, event, network... I found some minor issues but wasn't able to find the real source of the issue... the problem was related to my network and affected all my computers (windows and Linux)... I suspected the reccuring error to be link with the change that Amazon did with their payment method... but not sure either...Thanks again to @Kadauchi for your amazing tool (MTS) : I needed to increase the incomes with Mturk and it helped me considerably to be more efficient... and on my daily routine I continusly learn how to have a better user experience on Chrome or Firefox... (on edge ; MTS doesn't work properly on my 2 windows computers ; I will perhaps ask some help later). Have a nice working day-night and hope your all safe and happy-turking !