Unable to send messages

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Support' started by Aviator, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Aviator

Aviator New Turker

Ratings:
    +2
    @ChrisTurk I am unable to start a conversation with a requester in order to pre-qualify for some work they are opening up on mTurk. I am also unable to send you a message as well. Is there a way to fix this so I can message them? Apologies for going this route, I would have sent you a direct message if I could.

2. AlexZ

AlexZ Distinguished Butthat

Ratings:
    +45,934
    I would imagine you probably need to have a certain number of posts on the forum before you are allowed to start PM conversations. That's to prevent spammers from creating a bunch of accounts and spamming everyone in PM.

3. Aviator

Aviator New Turker

Ratings:
    +2
    Oh I see. I set up my account this past February when I started mTurk. I'm definitely not a spammer, just trying to get added to a list to be qualified for some work that I've been waiting awhile for.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
  4. Social Cognition Lab

Social Cognition Lab A3FCJX0FTFAB96

Ratings:
    +94
    I'm a requester so I really have no business trying to help here, but I just sent you test message. Maybe once you've talked so someone you'll be able to use the PM feature?

5. Aviator

Aviator New Turker

Ratings:
    +2
    Thank you @Social Cognition Lab! I have received a couple messages, but still do not have the feature. I might have to post on some threads more to get this feature.

6. Social Cognition Lab

Social Cognition Lab A3FCJX0FTFAB96

Ratings:
    +94
    Man. Hopefully that solves it! I had to DM ChrisTurk to get verified as a requester before I started using the forums much, but maybe the account had already reached some minimum threshold. Good luck!

7. Aviator

Aviator New Turker

Ratings:
    +2
    • Love Love x 1
  8. Aviator

Aviator New Turker

Ratings:
    +2
    I am now able to see the link to start conversations with people. I suppose a few times on the threads and messaging allowed this to happen? Thank you everyone who helped!

• Like Like x 1