daily earning

Discussion in 'Help & Guides' started by Shipbuilder, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Shipbuilder

Shipbuilder New Turker

Ratings:
    +2
    hi, just want to know... a sincere answer... with a daily work ( about 7 hours/ 5 day a week) is there any earning average?

2. CorvusSapiens

CorvusSapiens Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +9,895
    Wildly varying depending on work ethic, experience, qualifications and knowledge of scripts. You should hang out in the daily thread more and see what people report as their pe.

3. Shipbuilder

Shipbuilder New Turker

Ratings:
    +2
    Right now I'm working the turk with my tablet, I'm planning buying a desktop computer, so do you think it worth the investment?

4. Celtic Lady

Celtic Lady Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +5,319
    If all you have to turk with right now is a tablet then yes, I think it is worth getting a desktop. Especially if you plan to put in the time and effort to learn to turk efficiently. However, if you aren't sure you really want/can devote the needed effort then I wouldn't waste the money if you won't use a desktop otherwise.

I turk on a tablet sometimes and you are at a major disadvantage to people on a desktop or even a laptop.

• Like Like x 1
  5. smiley edna

smiley edna Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +2,743
    A $1200.00 desktop computer can easily pay for itself in a matter of a few months. Heck, some people make 1200 in a month, although my best month was like 800 and I average 500 a month. I'm lazy though and won't do a lot of tasks.

6. DikDik

DikDik Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,637
    I would recommend building one. Using a site like reddit.com/r/buildapcforme for help. I built mine in 2015 for under a grand and it's still a powerhouse. I use it for mturk, homework, and gaming(high settings/framerate) and still have no issues.

7. Shipbuilder

Shipbuilder New Turker

Ratings:
    +2
    Thats the answer I was waiting for! Appreciate it.

8. Shipbuilder

Shipbuilder New Turker

Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks a lot

9. total

total Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,041
    Also, keep in mind that you really don't need to build a powerhouse if you're just doing some browsing and turking. If you shy away from things like gaming, you can shave hundreds of dollars off. Hell, just skipping the discrete GPU will save you $200-$500 (depending on how crazy you wanna go). The integrated GPU will more than suffice for browsing and turking.

If you visit r/bapc, there's tons of helpful resources to get you up to speed on building your own PC. It's really super easy. Keep in mind to budget for everything you will need that you don't already own so you don't get excited only to have forgotten something. This includes items, such as:

• Motherboard
    • CPU
    • Power supply (PSU)
    • RAM
    • HDD/SSD (solid-state offers incredible speed and boot times)
    • Case
    • Any additional fans for the case
    • DVD/Blu-ray (not necessary)
    • Monitor
    • Keyboard
    • Mouse
    • Desk + chair
    These things can run you as low as $500 or as high as you wanna go. Around $1,000 is a pretty sweet spot for future-proofing and gaming.

A tablet is strictly forbidden for some HITs. Additionally, the speed, space, and efficiency just isn't there. You'll be much better off with a desktop, or a laptop (though those are horribly overpriced for the components inside).

Feel free to tag me with any additional questions at any time about anything! I'll help you to the best of my knowledge and attempt to refer you to anyone who might have more and/or better knowledge than me on a given matter.

• Like Like x 1
  10. amber.robi

amber.robi New Turker

Ratings:
    +2
    What is pe? I’m new

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. CorvusSapiens

CorvusSapiens Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +9,895
    PE is "projected earnings"
    It's how much money you'll make if all the hits you've submitted approve. Many people will talk in terms of a daily pe, which is the value of the hits they've submitted that day.

12. Dsuarr2

Dsuarr2 New Turker

Ratings:
    +3
    Thank you for sharing, I want to say that your economic state depends only on your decisions. I also had low daily earnings and I didn't know what to do, I even tried to use Google in order to find something suitable, and I found out about retail arbitrage here: yourmoneygeek.com and I decided to work in this domain. I can say that it really helped me out if to speak about my income, I started to earn as much money as I've always wanted. In my opinion, if you're not pleased with something, you should change it, even if you won't succeed, at least you tried and that's great

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
  13. SunlitSunflower

SunlitSunflower baby head

Ratings:
    +36,431
    It's suuuuper subjective. As everyone has said it's all about qualifications and time in. Number of hits submitted (1k,5k,10k,50k,100k+) also matters for 'unlocking' more work. If you're below 10k-5k focus on numbers more then straight money.

• WOW WOW x 1
  14. Jane Doe

Jane Doe Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +2,116
    Don't be sorry, the people here are pretty cool.