12/04 - Frosty Friday

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by GreenMachine842, Dec 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hifiv5

Hifiv5 Active Turker

Ratings:
    +603
    My motivation to work today:

[​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  2. brobinson2001

brobinson2001 Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,941
    I might have to look into that. I had my first uncontrollable panic attack in 10 years on Monday, and have been having to fight them all week. Every time my treatment mask goes on. I'm only in the damn thing for 15 minutes, but Monday was REALLY bad and I had to wave at the Rad. Techs to come unstrap me so I could sit up and breathe and not freak the hell out.

It was embarrassing bc even though I know the sinus bleeding/facial swelling is normal and I can breathe perfectly fine, it took just 1 second and 1 errant thought and one split second of needing to sniff and clear my nose and swallow, and I still I couldn't mentally talk my way out of the panic attack for 10 more minutes.

• Love Love x 2
  3. brobinson2001

Ratings:
    +1,941
    I mean, the thought that crossed my mind was "What if you swallow the wrong way and choke and can't breathe? You're strapped down and can't get out of this mask yourself." And BAM! Panic attack from Hell

• Love Love x 2
  4. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    https://examine.com/topics/pms/
    Vit D (4,000 IU if you don't go outside as much or 2,000 if you're still getting 15-30min out in the sun/day head uncovered/yadda), B12/B6 combo already mentioned is fine, ZMA at night (most have B6 in them, FWIW).

Especially dudes, take the ZMA. You'll sleep better and notice it quicker. Don't buy the typical cheap shit here, there are 3 (maybe more) different types. MagOxide is the cheapo shit don't bother, get citrate. You might poop.

Also examine.com is really good. Use it as a reference for anything some dumbass on the internet is telling you to take. I linked it as a joke but forreal it's a good resource.

Few of the vitamin routes will produce anything even resembling immediate results, so plan well & stick to it because you're never going to be able to tell the difference.

There is literally no vitamin you can take for something that you can't fix in a far superior way by fixing your fucking shit. So fix your shit.

If you LEGITIMATELY want to see results in the anger space, delete your facebook and other social garbages. Cancel your TV subscription, and stop poisoning your old man brain, old man. Go adopt a hippy, or try this: https://www.headspace.com/

Or don't, I'm not your Mom. And no one should take any supplement advice from an mturk forum.

• Today I Learned x 3
    • Love x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Nom Nom Nom! x 1
    • LOL x 1
  5. Hifiv5

Hifiv5 Active Turker

Ratings:
    +603
    Panic attacks are a b*tch, first time I had one I went to the ER because I literally thought I was having a heart attack or smth lol

Look up valerian, my doctor once recommended it to me and it was a gamechanger! It's a natural supplement with no serious side effects, it helps a lot with general anxiety and whenever you feel like a panic attack is kicking in. It smells like feet and takes about 20min to kick in, but works like a charm

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  6. SAJ

SAJ Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +51,479
    CT=Dr Stanley confirmed

hahahaha thanks dude I appreciate it!

• LOL LOL x 1
  7. SAJ

SAJ Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +51,479
    I deleted FB just about a month ago..... is awesome

PS love you mom

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hifiv5

Hifiv5 Active Turker

Ratings:
    +603
    Totally agree with the FB stuff, I avoided so much stress when I deactivated my acc lol

• Like Like x 2
  9. leafs4_cup

leafs4_cup Ugly Mug

Ratings:
    +31,260
    Without facebook, where else will I see targeted ad videos of Mike Tyson knocking people out 30 years ago, and magicians revealing secrets?

I don't know how fb decided those were the two things to show me over and over, but it's not like I'm looking away.

• LOL LOL x 4
  10. SAJ

SAJ Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +51,479
    Try THE WRONG HUB I think they have that "genre" there

• WOW WOW x 1
  11. Alexandra in VT

Alexandra in VT Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +838
    COVID Cognition [A3B7HSEQMR33F0] Learn about COVID graphs - $5.00 $1.40 bonus | PANDA

Generous

Unrated

Unrated
    $18.60 / hour
    00:20:39 / completion time
    Pros:
    bonus paid within 2 days
    Cons:
    videos

Catchability: Great (HIT Last Seen: 53 seconds ago)
    Qualifications: videoint DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) > 90; Location EqualTo US;

To read COVID Cognition's full profile check out TurkerView!

• Good Review! Good Review! x 1
  12. Charlie Turksalot

Charlie Turksalot Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +6,072
    My ex and her family are all over FB so I nuked my account when we got divorced versus trying to weed through it all. It was glorious.

• LOL LOL x 1
  13. brobinson2001

Ratings:
    +1,941
    Yup! But, it's also a mild serotonin uptake inhibitor. Not good for long-term use or you'll end up going through withdrawals like an alcoholic or benzo addict gets DT's. One of the actual few ways withdrawal will kill you, instead of just wishing you were dead. Take one, go to bed, turn off your phone, and don't increase your dosage. DON'T mix with melatonin unless you wanna wake up a couple days later wondering what year it is. Don't mix with Benadryl unless you wanna wake up wondering what century it is and why is there road sign in your 2nd floor apartment, and why does it have a Santa hat in April? And why the hell does your car have 3000 extra miles on the odometer?

• WOW WOW x 1
  14. SunlitSunflower

SunlitSunflower baby head

Ratings:
    +36,431
    Valarian gives me night terrors! I was physically unable to move and couldn't signal my husband that I was freaking the fuck out. I laid there as this figure came over me and I felt the fucking thing tickle my face. I was finally able to scream and it scared the shit out of the hubs! He's learned since how to tell when I'm frozen from a night terror and can wake me out of them thankfully. Never taking that shit again!
    Honestly give it a shot! It's really been a game changer for me. TECHNICALLY you can become addicted if you take it daily three times a day for YEARS but that's pretty hard. I started taking them to help me sleep at night. I sit in bed and freak myself out and beat myself up over all that stupid shit I've said and done. I'll remember terrible things I did or didn't do for my mom(rip) and it just makes me feel like shit. The only thing I found that works outside of relora is full on focused meditation Some nights though the meditation wasn't doing it which is why I looked into alternatives.

• Love Love x 1
  15. Hifiv5

Hifiv5 Active Turker

Ratings:
    +603
    Oh wow!! I never heard valerian can have such interactions, my doctor didn't mention it either, that's odd. He did recommend it only for the occasional use though, such when I feel a panic attack coming in (which isn't that often at all). I've been taking it maybe once every 2 or 3 months for about 2 years now, but good to know..

• Love Love x 1
  16. Hifiv5

Hifiv5 Active Turker

Ratings:
    +603
    Geeze, that sounds scary as hell

• Love Love x 1
  17. SunlitSunflower

SunlitSunflower baby head

Ratings:
    +36,431
    Yeah it's when we finally looked into what night terrors are. Turns out I've been having them my whole life and it's one of the big things that makes it hard for me to sleep for a while there. I had them so often for a while that I just wouldn't go to sleep until physically forced for fear of freaking out. It's non-nonsensical shit too. Like I watched the window fall forward and turn into a strange window monster that stared at me. The corner behind the bed was covered in a single huge spider web with a hand in it. A small flying saucer just floating around the room. Stupid shit but when you're physically unable to move or react it starts fight or flight immediately. There are triggers like stress, too much caffeine to late at night and small other things I can work on controlling now that I know though.

• WOW WOW x 1
  18. Hifiv5

Hifiv5 Active Turker

Ratings:
    +603
    WTF that's crazy lol, I'd be terrified! Isn't that what they call sleep paralysis?

• Love Love x 1
  19. Alexandra in VT

Alexandra in VT Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +838
    I'd never charge for the gun show ;) It is my honor bahaha

• LOL LOL x 1
  20. Fuzzy_Dunlop

Fuzzy_Dunlop Turker

Ratings:
    +58
    COVID Cognition [A3B7HSEQMR33F0] Learn about COVID graphs - $5.00 $1.40 bonus | PANDA

Generous

Unrated

Unrated
    $22.63 / hour
    00:16:58 / completion time
    Pros:
    Crazy easy if you understand at least middle school level algebra
    Cons:

Catchability: Okay (HIT Last Seen: 4 minutes ago)
    Qualifications: videoint DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) > 90; Location EqualTo US;

To read COVID Cognition's full profile check out TurkerView!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.