SurveyComet CR#1 and CR #2 quals

Discussion in 'Help & Guides' started by BlueShadow, Mar 5, 2021.

1. BlueShadow

BlueShadow Turker

Ratings:
    +44
    We should discuss about this issue here in order to solve this important issue.

My recommendation is we should create an email script that tells our concerns. And we should all send this to cloudresearch support email. If we get possible result it's good for us otherwise we can report this to mturk.

This is my previous message about this on other daily threads.
    https://forum.turkerview.com/posts/1788030/

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
  2. Chaidreamer

Chaidreamer Turker

Ratings:
    +155
    I'm up for this. I think it's important to get the info out there, because it seems like there is a 3-way disconnect (AMT, workers, requesters) going on. I had no idea, though I had seen the rumblings, until today that it had such an impact. I got the CR#1 and it would explain why suddenly my available HITs jumped so high the past 2 or 3 quarters.

3. BlueShadow

BlueShadow Turker

Ratings:
    +44
    We should first get organized here. If we can't get any result then we spread outside platforms like reddit.

• Like Like x 1
  4. johnxyz

johnxyz Well-Known Turker TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +1,673
  5. BlueShadow

BlueShadow Turker

Ratings:
    +44
    It's been too long since they haven't released that qual hit.

This good workers and bad workers thing is totally BS! Why?

Because I got this CR2 qual after creation of my mturk account -like first week-. So If this is for separating bad workers, how they decided that I'm bad worker in one week -or so-? If so why they give qual 1 to new workers these days? This is totally business strategy and tricks.

6. DareAngel3

DareAngel3 Well-Known Turker TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +3,963
    I got the CR1 qual on 9/17/20 after completing "Brief survey with short series of questions (~3 minutes)" for 30c on 9/16/20.

7. BlueShadow

BlueShadow Turker

Ratings:
    +44
  8. Jane Doe

Jane Doe Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +2,115
    CloudReseach is not our friend. They don't care about us, they are profiting from this and I don't expect them to change.

Like I said before:

I think we should all report SurveyComet to MTurk. Why should a "qual" from one requester control our access to work from so many other requesters? One requester blocking us from potentially hundreds? It's a high number, I started making a list of the requesters using this block, and it's growing.

https://support.aws.amazon.com/#/contacts/aws-mechanical-turk

9. BlueShadow

BlueShadow Turker

Ratings:
    +44
    I respect your idea @Jane Doe but at least we should try to send email to them first and try to solve the problem with the source of the problem. If nothing happens address is mturk of course. :emoji_thumbsup:

10. Jane Doe

Jane Doe Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +2,115
    They have not responded to me and it's been days. I don't think they expected us to figure it out.
    Do you honestly think they'll stop doing this out of the goodness in their heart? Of course not. It's about money and they don't care if we don't make any, as long as they do. The more people who report this to Amazon the better. This is so shady, one requester blocking us from so many others - and they profit from it. Time to call BS.

Thanks for making this thread :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Yikes Yikes x 1
  11. blaine anne

blaine anne New Turker

Ratings:
    +4
    i've sent them several mails and they keep ignoring them

• Like Like x 1
  12. BlueShadow

BlueShadow Turker

Ratings:
    +44
    I completed this one "Psychology Study(~ 12 minutes)". This is the long version and full of attention checks.

13. ThatsRude

ThatsRude Turker

Ratings:
    +68
    So I don't know what hit did it, but I did get the CR 1 qual on 2/25 so it must have been up at some point recently.

• Like Like x 2
  14. BlueShadow

BlueShadow Turker

Ratings:
    +44
    @Jane Doe @blaine anne

I understand you but this time we are going to send same email as a community not individual. I'm thinking they will respond otherwise we go phase 2. :emoji_thumbsup:Again, this is what I think if so many people agree on this I gladly support too and we send email to mturk. :emoji_thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  15. Jane Doe

Jane Doe Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +2,115
    You have more patience than I do. I sincerely hope more people are taking this straight to Amazon.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Chaidreamer

Chaidreamer Turker

Ratings:
    +155
    I agree with @BlueShadow . Start low and slow, then ramp up. However, I think we should def get @ChrisTurk and other people in on this as well before moving forward. Even if only for some lay of the land in AWS land and prior experience on this.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Jane Doe

Jane Doe Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +2,115
    The more individuals who report SurveyComet to MTurk, the better. More separate complaints get attention.
    Those with high approval rating should probably include that when you contact them, and be to sure to explain that a "qual" from SurveyComet is blocking you from dozens of other requesters.

https://support.aws.amazon.com/#/contacts/aws-mechanical-turk

This has been going on for a while and it's only getting worse.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TurkerNation/comments/itj180/cr_research_groups_1_and_2/

• Yikes Yikes x 1
  18. Jane Doe

Jane Doe Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +2,115
    I don't think it's fair to drag @ChrisTurk into this.
    My next move might be as ruthless as what they're doing and I'll keep the forum out of it.

• Yikes Yikes x 1
  19. TKNO

TKNO Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +7,820
    I saw this thread and was curious because I used to get SC HITs all the time....never had one rejected...and now I never see them...

so I listed out all the HITs until I found one that used the quals and I have #2.....

I'm nearing 500k HITs with only 105 rejections(48 on one batch) and have had Masters for 5yrs....so I don't get it...

I'm down for whatever that needs to happen to shed some light on this and at least understand why people are getting these quals and if they can ever be overcome...

this is the requester using the qual....uncheck HITs Your Qualified For to see if you have CR2

https://worker.mturk.com/requesters/AGWCJT0WH5A6H/projects?ref=w_pl_prvw

20. test ing

test ing Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +9,014
    I respect your ambition it might not be as simple

We need to figure exactly what portion of the mturk tos that they are violating, otherwise we will just be ranting to amazon and it will yield no results. This is what I mentioned in other thread they might be side stepping or loop holing something. We need to figure that part out.

If we can define or establish whether they are doing something we don't like versus something against the terms of service, then there is an arguable case. If they have a legitimate method or metric of classifying workers as group #1 or #2 and its not some illegal discriminatory way, then we have to pass blame to requesters who choose them for whatever reason. Some of this information has to be available somewhere.

I've read in the past that inconsistent answers on cloudresearch surveys could put you into group #2. I don't know how much of that is true but I also never looked deeper.

• Like Like x 1