05/15 - More Moolah Monday! EarnHub Addition Edition!

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by ChrisTurk, May 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    [​IMG]

Morning Folks!
    I've added a new addition to the site, for the time being to be named "EarnHub" until someone comes up with something more clever. Don't let me name stuff!

What this be?
    For as long as I can remember (back to the MTG days) I've seen folks talk about sites like PerkTV, Swagbucks, etc where they earn a little extra side/passive income for watching video streams. Its always seemed like a nice marriage for Turkers since we're usually glued to our PCs anyway, but I've never had time to get into it myself. I asked people about it about a month ago to test interest/see what it was all about.

Since TH has gotten larger and larger I decided to go for a long shot and apply for an advertising account with one of the websites that generates those programs. TH was accepted (after I tracked down one of their employees and asked politely LOL) and I then spent the last ~3 weeks or so building the back & front end platform. I figured this would be a nice way to give back to some of the folks using these platforms and maybe open up a little bit of extra income for those who had never heard of it before. Mostly, I'm just excited because as our community gets larger we're able to really leverage our collective awesomeness to do cool things for our the group as a whole. So if you've got more ideas shoot them my way as this marks a pretty major project I can move off the to-do list.

[​IMG]

Cool, But How Much Can I Expect to Earn?
    I don't participate in these programs off site, but I did let it run for a day and earned a little over $2.30-something, so presumably you could do $50/mo per device ($150 total) pretty easily I imagine though my understanding is there are "slow" times for this kind of thing. In any case its nothing mind blowing, but nice to pay off an extra utility bill or night on the town. Or help those nasty weekend PE numbers haha.

Compared to other programs, however, you should earn a lot more (relatively speaking). I did some comparisons and the ranges were 8-15% more than smaller site programs like EarnHoney and 20-35% more than sites like Perk. Users here should be getting ~75% of the revenue (the 25% TH is "keeping" will mostly go to fees / taxes / declined transactions), for comparison sake as best I could tell Perk gives users ~40% - possibly less since I didn't test it very long but was told I was on the "good end" of their earning spectrum when I did.

This is largely contingent on our community, most of these programs suffer from being scammed and gamed pretty hard so they end up having to drop their offering percentages. I'm trying to run this very close to "at cost" and give users as much as possible while still covering the site's butt for inevitable fees / taxes / and most importantly overturned transactions. Transactions aren't "confirmed" until 30 days after they're generated (which means they could be denied on day 29 and TH may have already paid them out), and TH doesn't get paid for up to 60 days so most of this will be running off donation reserves & my personal income for the first two months lol. I'm basically guessing at how much of the split TH will lose, I tried to be conservative with it so hopefully in a month or two I can either raise/keep the split the users get and/or open up other offer avenues (there are so many its ridiculous).

You'll be able to withdraw from the site whenever/right away FWIW.

Help I found a bug ahhh!
    [​IMG]

Please remain calm. I am not stealing your money. *quickly steps into the getaway van* Also if you manage to find one on the first day, I posted this thread automatically with a script so I'm for sure asleep until at least 8AM EST - or halfway to Mexico who really knows.

Truth be told - I've never built something like this before, so I fully expect things to break at some point. I could only do so much testing myself and as is always the case weird things happen in a live environment with lots of people fiddling with the system. I apologize in advance for any issues. Luckily for us both all data is backed up by the originating platform itself so nothing will ever be fully lost even if TH is nuked from orbit by Russian lightning satellites. Just shoot me a PM on the forum and I'll take care of the problem(s)!

Conclusion
    If this is your jam then enjoy. I hope it works well for you and I'm open to any/all feedback and trips/tricks you have for me / other users. If this isn't your kinda thing I'm sorry to steal a whole daily thread from ya I was just trying something new haha.. @NBadger (et al) will be along with cute cat gifs shortly to appease the angry masses.
    [​IMG]

TL;DR: Link to the new platform. Check it out, earn pennies for watching random videos at a pace Brelig would be proud of.

• Like x 15
    • 5/5 Pay x 7
    • Love x 7
    • LOL x 2
    • Today I Learned x 2
  2. SAJ

SAJ Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +51,479
    Title: Answer a survey about the darker side of personality and relationships | PANDA
    Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
    Requester: Dr J Boldero [A10MX29I42NYAA] (Contact)
    TO 1: [Pay: 5.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 1] [ToS: 0]
    TO 2:
    Not Available
    Description: We are interested in how the darker side of individuals' personalities are related to the views about relationships
    Time: 3 hours
    HITs Available: 34
    Reward: $5.00
    Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 98; Location EqualTo US;
    HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.21.10

• Nom Nom Nom! Nom Nom Nom! x 33
  3. keysman

keysman Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +11,718
    Title: Only two quick questions - 1 minute!(~ 1 minutes) | PANDA
    Requester: Erik Duhaime [ATC5XIS8KKXVU] (TO)
    TO Ratings:
    ★★★★★ 5.00 Communicativity
    ★★★★★ 3.56 Generosity
    ★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
    ★★★★ 4.78 Promptness
    Number of Reviews: 12 | TOS Flags: 0
    Submit a new TO review
    Description: Help us understand google search results!
    Time: 3 minutes
    HITs Available: 96
    Reward: $0.36
    Qualifications: Exc: [43726-43137] has not been granted;Total approved HITs is not less than 50;HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 57;Location is one of: US

• Nom Nom Nom! Nom Nom Nom! x 19
  4. jamer

jamer Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +1,805
    Ok, I am a "swag" "mypoints" girl :) So I am willing to give EarnHub a chance too.. I went to the area, clicked on a video, started watching Through TurkerHub. I picked a channel and it brought me to Engage TV. I don't have to sign up for Engage TV do I? Because I am already logged in to TurkerHub. And 3 devices? That's great.

5. Melting Glacier

Melting Glacier PE: $30.01 - That's over $1.25/hour! ┬┴┤( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴

Ratings:
    +11,423
    I -believe- that your TH credentials are linked from launching through the EarnHub page. I've been running it for an hour now and the balance on my Earn page ( https://turkerhub.com/earn.php ) in the upper-right corner matches my points on the site exactly.

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Jasper

Jasper Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +3,639
    Morning Everyone~

• Like Like x 1
  7. un_in

un_in Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +4,330
    Don't remember how long this thing took, but it was not 45 minutes by far.

• Like Like x 1
    • Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  8. SAJ

SAJ Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +51,479
    20 ish for me

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 2
  9. Tripsa

Tripsa ┴ɹᴉdsɐ

Ratings:
    +30,588
    I'll take my 25 billion please.
    [​IMG]
    Now that I've got your attention. Nice concept but I've seen some gpt sites get destroyed by people scamming these videos and then the advertiser doesn't pay the gpt site. Will there be a any restrictions for new members? Something like they must be active for x amount of days/posts before they get access to earnhub. There was something else but I am half asleep and don't remember.

• Like Like x 4
  10. furiousloverv2

furiousloverv2 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +3,851
    GOOD MORNING EVERYBODY

• Like Like x 1
  11. un_in

un_in Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +4,330
    Good morning.

• Like Like x 2
  12. glossolalia

glossolalia Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +7,233
    Thanks, now I'm watching pumpkin pie smoothie bowls and peanut butter cakes being made.

• Like Like x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  13. keysman

Ratings:
    +11,718
    Title: Answer a survey about the darker side of personality and relationships | PANDA
    Requester: Dr J Boldero [A10MX29I42NYAA] (TO)
    TO Ratings:
    [​IMG]
    ☢☢☢☢☢ 0.00 Communicativity
    ☢☢☢☢☢ 5.00 Generosity
    ☢☢☢☢☢ 5.00 Fairness
    ☢☢☢☢☢ 5.00 Promptness
    Number of Reviews: 2
    (Submit a new TO rating for this requester)

Description: We are interested in how the darker side of individuals' personalities are related to the views about relationships
    Time: 3 hours
    Hits Available: 28
    Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 1000; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 98; Location is US

• Nom Nom Nom! Nom Nom Nom! x 18
  14. jamer

jamer Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +1,805
    I just woke up in the middle of the night.. going to try to lay back down for a little bit, not feeling good. So see you guys later.

• Love Love x 3
  15. furiousloverv2

furiousloverv2 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +3,851
    Hope you start feeling better <3

• Like Like x 1
  16. glossolalia

glossolalia Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +7,233
    Hope you feel a bit better bud. I woke up in the middle of the night and then my dogs started being loud and now I'm stuck with one of them in my lap while I aimlessly search Mturk. I don't think I'm going back to sleep.

• Like Like x 1
  17. keysman

Ratings:
    +11,718
    Title: Quick Survey Monday, May 15, 2017 | PANDA
    Requester: Nate Hodges [A1AQHR31NR4J6N] (TO)
    TO Ratings:
    ★★★★ 4.33 Communicativity
    ★★★★★ 3.45 Generosity
    ★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
    ★★★★ 4.69 Promptness
    Number of Reviews: 69 | TOS Flags: 0
    Submit a new TO review
    Description: Please take a look at a few questions and provide us with your thoughts.
    Time: 29 minutes
    HITs Available: 1
    Qualifications: NGA 201 has been granted;HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 90;Location is US

• Nom Nom Nom! Nom Nom Nom! x 29
  18. Girl Polar Bear

Girl Polar Bear Queen of the North

Ratings:
    +45,742
    [​IMG]

• Love Love x 3
    • LOL LOL x 1
  19. GRR

GRR Active Turker

Ratings:
    +287
    Mornin! so I went to the new earnhub site logged in and nothing happens when I click "watch"...any suggestions?

20. GRR

GRR Active Turker

Ratings:
    +287
    edit: well..I turned off the script that I was using for a9's and now I got a engage thing..here we go!

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.