07/22 - Three Times the Money Thursday

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by IcyTundra, Jul 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lapetitebaker

lapetitebaker Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +7,895
    Uriel Haran [A1W1OVEBO3XEM8] A short perception and estimation study(~ 8 minutes) - $1.00 | PANDA

Underpaid

Unrated

Unrated
    $13.09 / hour
    00:04:35 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Catchability: Okay (HIT Last Seen: 5 minutes ago)
    Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) >= 80; CR Research Group #1 >= 100; Exc: [1568149013-308395] DoesNotExist ; Location In US;

To read Uriel Haran's full profile check out TurkerView!

2. jennalol

jennalol Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +2,838
    Uriel Haran [A1W1OVEBO3XEM8] A short perception and estimation study(~ 8 minutes) - $1.00 | PANDA

Generous

Unrated

Unrated
    $17.82 / hour
    00:03:22 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Catchability: Okay (HIT Last Seen: 5 minutes ago)
    Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) >= 80; CR Research Group #1 >= 100; Exc: [1568149013-308395] DoesNotExist ; Location In US;

To read Uriel Haran's full profile check out TurkerView!

3. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    The heart problems are more common in younger males as far as I've seen so statistically you can worry about that a little less. Females get blood clots (J&J/AZ right? & AZ isn't allowed in the US) at a higher rate so you likely want to go mRNA if you're just playing betting odds. Almost all of the immediate nasties of the vaccines occur in higher proportions from actually catching COVID, and while any reasonable person could make a case it's easy to dodge that the last few weeks it's likely that come winter if you are not willing to accept being locked away from society you're gonna be exposed to it so getting the vaccine is just pre-prep for your body. You might as well operate with the understanding that you will 100% be exposed to COVID as surely as you're exposed to any cold eventually (unless you're Turking from an underground doomsday bunker but if so where's my invite lolol) and the decision is more "do I want my body to recognize a piece of this thing beforehand so it can fight faster and lower the damage done in the future?". For Turkers it's the classic "would you rather $1 now or $5 in 6 months" survey question :emoji_joy::emoji_joy::emoji_joy:

Anyway Pfizer is the jams bams. I'm a nutcase and it was the only one I'd take. Eat well, exercise, get some sun & if you wanna prep your body for when you get exposed to COVID go get the vaccine. P sure many of these things happen in some form/fashion for every other virus/bacteria/fungal infection on earth (++their related vaxxies) they just don't have the entire fking globe blasting every minute detail about it 24/7 for ad revenue lmao

all :ba:

• Love Love x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  4. mysterykitty

mysterykitty Active Turker

Ratings:
    +1,641
    I got the Pfizer shots. First shot just made me tired and my arm was very sore for a day or so. For the second shot, I had mild flu symptoms (fatigue, sore muscles, very slight fever... just felt like crud all day) and a headache the day after the shot. I felt a lot better than next day, though! It was totally worth it and I would do it again if I had to. Good luck with whatever you choose! It really is no big deal (I've been through so much medical stuff and the vaccine was nothing compared to all that). Pfizer or Moderna are best.

• Love Love x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Kristin

Kristin Turker

Ratings:
    +213
    I had both Pfizer shots and had a mild headache the day after both of them but otherwise was fine

• Love Love x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Random Turker

Random Turker Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +25,033
    Pfizer shot just made my arm sore on both occasions. Second one I was just really tired but powered through work anyway. (I just sit in a chair so I mean... powered through is a perspective thing)

• Love Love x 4
    • LOL LOL x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Azazael

Azazael Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,173
    kinda sucks i did this 2 days ago for $3

• Yikes Yikes x 1
    • 5/5 Pay 5/5 Pay x 1
  8. JOpitz72

JOpitz72 Active Turker

Ratings:
    +382
    Hubby had Moderna...same symptoms you had. First vaccine was no problem, second flu like symptoms for 2 days. Me, three sons (ages 23, 22, and 12) and MIL had Pfizer...sore arm with first, second vaccine sore arm and very tired for 12 hours. No other symptoms.

None of us have had Covid before or after vaccines. Hubby gets tested once a week because he works in healthcare.

• Love Love x 4
  9. lapetitebaker

lapetitebaker Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +7,895
    This matches up with what we saw at my work. Those of us who got Pfizer were totally fine, while the two that got Moderna felt cruddy on the second.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  10. test ing

test ing Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +9,014
    Just do all these new requester hits with me. My mouths full i can't eat any more rejections :emoji_joy:

• LOL LOL x 1
  11. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    your assigned nsa agent watching you fight through
    [​IMG]

:emoji_grin::emoji_grin::emoji_grin:

• LOL LOL x 4
  12. jennalol

jennalol Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +2,838
    Grant Donnelly [A391Q762IYB5E3] Scenario Study(~ 5 minutes) - $0.30 | PANDA

Underpaid

Unrated

Unrated
    $6.84 / hour
    00:02:38 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:
    snuck 3 surveys into 1

Catchability: Great (HIT Last Seen: a second ago)
    Qualifications: Exc: [309044-308455] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs >= 50; HIT approval rate (%) >= 90; CR Research Group #1 >= 100; Location In US;

To read Grant Donnelly's full profile check out TurkerView!

13. SirKiwiTheBrave

SirKiwiTheBrave ʇᴉnɹℲ ǝʌɐɹq ǝɥ┴

Ratings:
    +7,376
    Adding my anecdotes.

Me (Pfizer): nothing.
    Wife (Moderna): stayed in bed the day after second shot feeling run down, achy, etc. Fine after 24 hours
    Daughter (Pfizer): also felt pretty blah and run down after the second shot. Fine after 24 hours.

For both my wife and daughter the first shot was symptom free. It was the second shot that got them, and they both felt listless and run down for 24 hours, then bounced back. A bit like a medium intensity 24 hour cold but without the sneezing, coughing, sore throat, etc.

• Love Love x 4
  14. Samwise125

Samwise125 Active Turker

Ratings:
    +235
    Trustees of Boston University [A1DQ0N82IXD5I6] Extremely Quick & Easy Survey About Your Attitudes(~ 3 minutes) - $0.30 | PANDA

Low

Unrated

Unrated
    $9.91 / hour
    00:01:49 / completion time
    Pros:
    Nothing
    Cons:
    Underpaid repetitive nonsense

Catchability: Great (HIT Last Seen: 36 seconds ago)
    Qualifications: Total approved HITs >= 500; CR Research Group #2 DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) >= 98; Exc: [309029-308440] DoesNotExist ; CR Research Group #1 >= 100; Location In US;

To read Trustees of Boston University's full profile check out TurkerView!

15. mrnotoriousman

mrnotoriousman Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +20,112
    VAERS is a self-reported system meant for doctors to follow up with patients. It is nto an official source of anything. I can go on and list Sasha (my dog) dying from the vaccine and you'll be able to see it up there.

• Good Review! Good Review! x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  16. Random Turker

Ratings:
    +25,033
    LOL

• LOL LOL x 1
  17. Random Turker

Ratings:
    +25,033
    :eek: Never talk about that sweet dog dying ever again. It would be a sad sad day.

• Love Love x 3
    • LOL LOL x 2
    • Yikes Yikes x 1
  18. Kathleen!

Kathleen! Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +1,252
    Title: Language Experiment: Rate the acceptability of sentences. 41 sentences, 2 USD, <10 minutes; but you can only do one, sorry. | PANDA
    Requester: Zheng Shen [A2MPMLTGL1CK1I]
    TurkerView: [ $18.23 / hour ]
    Description: You must be a native speaker of United States English. You will be asked to rate how acceptable 48 sentences are. You will be paid 2 dollars. It takes less than 10 minutes. You can only do one HIT.
    Duration: 40 Min
    Available: 1
    Reward: $2.00
    Qualifications:
    • Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100
    • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95
    • Location EqualTo US
    [3MBO7VNJYZNIU9JTQ0PXX8LICRW68Y]

19. cheyenne

cheyenne Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +7,685
    I got Pfizer slight sore arm and headache. My daughter got same and on 2nd shot was flu like symptoms for the next day. She said I have had hangovers worse than this. Still worth it. We are strong go take the dang shot.

• Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  20. JOpitz72

JOpitz72 Active Turker

Ratings:
    +382
    [​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 2
    • Love Love x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.