Queuebicle Broken Interface

Discussion in 'Help & Guides' started by charlesHM, Jul 24, 2021.

1. charlesHM

charlesHM New Turker

Ratings:
    +12
    I recently started using Queuebicle, and I love it, but it's very, very broken. I cannot see multiple parts of the interface - I can't use the Requester Watcher at all as everything overlaps, the scraper panels (the pay, TV rate, etcetera) can't be modified so I can't even see how much HITs pay. All text and boxes anywhere just overlap rendering a lot of the features either unusable or incredibly inconvenient.

I've attached a couple example pictures of the issue I'm talking about. It's the same thing on every page - text overlaps with shapes and prevents me from using some things. I've tried re-installing, same issue. Anyone had this issue before? If so, how did you fix it?

Attached Files:

2. Tripsa

Tripsa ก็็็็็ก็็็็็ก็็็็็ก็็็็็ก็็็็็ก็็็็็

Ratings:
    +30,599
    This might be a windows scaling issue as I was able to recreate the issue when I set my font/layout size within Windows 10 to 150%
    [​IMG]
    Setting it back to my normal 100% font/layout size fixes it. Tagging @ChrisTurk so he can see if anything can be done to address the issue when users use a bigger font/layout setting.

• Love Love x 2
  3. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    You can right click on the icon in the taskbar and select Properties (or right click the app link again if it's just the pin). Go to Compatibility and click 'Change High DPI Settings' - from there the fix will sort of depend on your system but usually you can check 'Override high DPI scaling behavior' and select System. If that doesn't work try the other options. I believe you only have to reboot the app between selections as long as you Apply them but can't recall 100% off the top of my head atm sorry :flail:

• Love Love x 2
  4. charlesHM

charlesHM New Turker

Ratings:
    +12
    Yup, this seems to be the culprit. At 100%, works perfectly. Not sure why I never thought of that; guess I forgot I even had my scaling to 150% at all. Overriding the setting for Queuebicle like Chris suggested works great.

So, thank you very much for your help on finding the problem here - I appreciate it. And thank you, as well, @ChrisTurk for the override tip.

• Love Love x 2
  5. j0sh83

j0sh83 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,196
    @ChrisTurk

TL;DR Having an issue finding the Compatibility > Change High DPI Settings section you referenced in this post? Is this a QBC setting, or a Windows setting?

Having a similar, but different issue.

Different issue:

My resolution settings are the factory setting for a 4K laptop at 3840 x 2160, zoomed at 250%. At this setting, everything on QBC is super tiny when I installed it (see attachments in quote below).​

Similar issue:

I bumped it down to 1920 x 1080, zoomed at 125% (recommended) trying to find a resolution that worked. This made QBC easier to see, but I was getting the squished text the op was getting. I changed the zoom to 100% per this post and this fixed the squished text issue. However...​

The rub:

With this "fix," everything else is 25% smaller. Overall, this seems like a Band-Aid. Hoping to find this High DPI setting so I can run this at my normal resolution.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2021