08/03 - Triumphing Tuesday

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by IcyTundra, Aug 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrTerb

DrTerb Turker

Ratings:
    +103
    Yale Cognition & Development Lab [A1B2ILT2409W4R] Learning & Explaining (22L)(~ 5 minutes) - $1.30 | PANDA

Unrated

Unrated

Unrated
    $45.88 / hour
    00:01:42 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Catchability: Very Low (HIT Last Seen: an hour ago)
    Qualifications: Exc: [311270-310681] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs >= 1000; CR Research Group #2 DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) >= 98; CR Research Group #1 >= 100; Location In US;

To read Yale Cognition & Development Lab's full profile check out TurkerView!

2. PumpkinPai

PumpkinPai Turker

Ratings:
    +41
    POLS-Lab [A1U7G6G0EFMMQC] Study of Public Opinion - $2.75 | PANDA

Unrated

Unrated

Unrated
    $14.16 / hour
    00:11:39 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Catchability: Expiring Soon (HIT Last Seen: an hour ago)
    Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) > 95; Location EqualTo US;

To read POLS-Lab's full profile check out TurkerView!

3. PumpkinPai

PumpkinPai Turker

Ratings:
    +41
    Maze [A1D8RNWK41HDVE] Small usability task & feedback on a website/app prototype. (~11 minute) - $1.10 | PANDA

Unrated

Unrated

Unrated
    $9.38 / hour
    00:07:02 / completion time
    Approved!
    Pros:
    Cons:

Catchability: Great (HIT Last Seen: 14 seconds ago)
    Qualifications: maze_age_12 <= 5971; Masters Exists ; maze_age_12 >= 1131;

To read Maze's full profile check out TurkerView!

4. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    [​IMG]

:flame::flame::flame:

also p sure we could do olympics every year and I'll never understand how any of the gymnastics scoring works :emoji_joy:track/swimming/volleyball all have pretty lines drawn for idiot viewers they need to get some of that for gymnastics

• LOL LOL x 2
    • Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. skittles

skittles Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +17,269
    [​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 6
  6. AMindAtTurk

AMindAtTurk Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +39,565
    [​IMG]

• Love Love x 13
    • Like Like x 1
  7. IcyTundra

IcyTundra Tundra Thundra

Ratings:
    +17,080
    I agree. And after watching the first rounds, so respected Biles decision to withdraw. No spoilers but was happy to see her go out on the beam.

Honestly some friends and I were talking about the qualifiers and the sheer stress with no family or friends to be there with you to support and, particularly Biles, doing tumbling moves that were actually named after her and how incredibly hard that must be physically and mentally. She's a badass athlete and I've loved watching her.

Also - Suni Lee was incredible!

• Love Love x 6
  8. FrayDCat22

FrayDCat22 Active Turker

Ratings:
    +727

I always thought the mat in gymnastics was the 'line", but I could be very very wrong...I did notice a nice thick white line surround the mat.

• Like Like x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
  9. IcyTundra

IcyTundra Tundra Thundra

Ratings:
    +17,080
    In further Olympic news - watched the USA Women's soccer vs Canada yesterday and was just completely crushed when they lost. Their goalie was injured early on and it was just heartbreaking.

Also watched the USA women vs Germany in a tense beach volleyball match - ack!

• WOW WOW x 1
  10. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    ++ Carey.. She got tossed into an event that went p bad, then was like "oh hi gold please" the next day lol.

Yeah I mean more the scoring. Like in track if you pass the line first, you win. In gymnastics there's 80,000 technical details I couldn't figure out if they had a live scoring overlay somehow embedded over the screen.. which actually now that I type that out would be insanely awesome to see NBC please :emoji_sweat_smile:

I guess basketball is a better comparison.. you can know nothing about the actual rules of basketball, but if ball goes in the hoop the score increases, high score wins. I think 90% of folks can follow along to that. Gymnastics is pure voodoo magic lol. Athletes do wild/crazy stuff (dude's high bar makes me literally nauseous to watch), scores show up 2 minutes later out of thin air :emoji_joy:

• Like Like x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  11. Curtis and Michelle Lich

Curtis and Michelle Lich Turker

Ratings:
    +155
    I decided to bite the bullet and put in my Turk ID and notate behind it that I had emailed the requestor. Here's to hoping! I'd hate to get jacked on an $8 job. I made $24 in the last hour and a half so I think I'll go take a bit of a nap lol

• Love Love x 4
  12. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    Oh no I missed the soccer game & had no clue :leftyhyperflail: idk why but the scheduling this Olympics has been impossible to follow :( I finally figured out NBC's RESULTS page is the only sane filtering/schedule system -,-

Utterly useless: https://www.nbcolympics.com/schedule

Super easy to parse: https://results.nbcolympics.com/results

Filter to USA and click on TIME instead of by sport and it breaks down into live / upcoming with proper times in EST lol.

beach volleyball has been the only easy scheduling since it's been on at 8pm but then it conflicts w/ whatever replays are on

• Like Like x 1
  13. IcyTundra

IcyTundra Tundra Thundra

Ratings:
    +17,080
    You're totally right - I definitely should have mentioned Jade Carey - I mean she kicked butt, got gold on floor and we literally were jumping out of our seats cheering for her.

I agree about the scoring. I think it's similar to figure skating in the winter Olympics. You have all these weird technical details that are unfathomable - did they rotate two times or three times - I don't have any idea?

But there is a looooong history of this crazy system and I remember watching Nadia Comăneci as a kid and immediately wanting to do gymnastics. Years later I'm sure there were a lot of kids going into tumbling after Mary Lou Retton was literally carried off the mat by Bela Karolyi after her vault.

It's a weird sport with crazy rules and specifics (and a lot of chalk?) - but so, so compelling.

I'm a pretty die-hard sports fan - you score a goal, you get a basket, you have a touch-down (usually) it's cut and dried.

But I think that sports that have artistry scores (like gymnastics, and ice skating, etc) are harder to pin down but also really exciting to watch because of that wacky beta factor.

I'm just grateful that fantasy gymnastics, figure skating, etc - doesn't exist - (to the best of my knowledge) because I don't even know how to commish something like that :)

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  14. IcyTundra

IcyTundra Tundra Thundra

Ratings:
    +17,080
    Yeah it took us days to figure out that with Directv if you go to channel 220 it showed all the sports that were happening concurrently and then you could just click on the one you wanted to watch and it would take you to some obscure channel.

Also the way I got sucked into some crazy Rugby matches over the past week and I STILL don't understand fully what the hell is happening in Rugby.

• LOL LOL x 1
  15. PumpkinPai

PumpkinPai Turker

Ratings:
    +41
    Maze [A1D8RNWK41HDVE] Small survey & feedback task. (~10 minute) - $1.20 | PANDA

Unrated

Unrated

Unrated
    $14.85 / hour
    00:04:51 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Catchability: Great (HIT Last Seen: 12 seconds ago)
    Qualifications: maze_age_12 <= 6283; Masters Exists ; maze_age_12 >= 2443; maze_gender_12 EqualTo 100;

To read Maze's full profile check out TurkerView!

16. IcyTundra

IcyTundra Tundra Thundra

Ratings:
    +17,080
    And, sorry, I didn't mean to spoil the soccer game - but the replay had happened and when it popped up on local Maine news I figured was safe to comment about.

Honestly the hardest part about this Olympics has been trying to NOT get notifications on my phone for swimming, gymnastics, soccer, volleyball, etc - because I keep accidentally finding out what happened before I can see the replay, or, in the case of NBC.... many hours before they air it for "prime time".

• Love Love x 1
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
  17. katesmom

katesmom New Turker

Ratings:
    +1
    Timely Research [A3IFPQDVIUWHGO] 6-minute academic research study about consumer behavior(~ 6 minutes) - $1.00 | PANDA

Unrated

Unrated

Unrated
    $15.32 / hour
    00:03:55 / completion time
    Approved!
    Pros:
    Cons:

Catchability: Very Low (HIT Last Seen: 42 minutes ago)
    Qualifications: Total approved HITs >= 100; Location In US-CT, US-DC, US-DE, US-FL, US-GA, US-MA, US-MD, US-ME, US-MI, US-NC, US-NH, US-NJ, US-NY, US-OH, US-PA, US-RI, US-SC, US-VA, US-VT, US-WV; CR Research Group #2 DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) >= 80; Exc: [-2105142242-310608] DoesNotExist ; CR Research Group #1 >= 100;

To read Timely Research's full profile check out TurkerView!

18. Random Turker

Random Turker Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +25,033
    Oh boy early morning Remesh.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Catty0062

Catty0062 Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +2,022
    Morning Everybody !!;)

• Love Love x 14