typical rejection numbers

Discussion in 'Help & Guides' started by wolfpudding, Aug 30, 2021.

Tags:
  1. wolfpudding

wolfpudding New Turker

Ratings:
    +8
    What is a typical amount of rejections? I am only nearing 1000 approved hits and already have 8 rejections. It feels like a large amount already. I have seen screenshots of other peoples dashboards with tens of thousands of hits and very few rejections. I have only reached out so far about 1 of them.

2. Ornac

Ornac Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +11,092
    That's going to vary pretty wildly by person. Some people are willing to work on hits for requesters that don't have a reputation yet while others won't touch work that has any chance of being rejected.

The important thing is that you keep your ratio of approved hits to rejected hits over 99%. This keeps you qualified for the most work. So with your numbers you can really only afford 2 rejections before it starts affecting what work is available to you. Once you have a buffer of approved work you can start working on riskier jobs if you want, but until then play it safe.

Depending on what browser/scripts that you use you should be able to see the rejections until 99% on your dashboard. MTS will display this in Chrome (and maybe others) but if you're using MTS and not seeing it then this script will add it: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/18991-mturk-worker-dashboard-enhancer

• Like Like x 4
  3. Ornac

Ornac Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +11,092
    @ChrisTurk This is getting filtered out when I have the thread mode set to social. Just seemed odd to me, maybe that's by design? Too helpful for social mode, not enough gifs? :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

• LOL LOL x 1
  4. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    Yea it filters out posts w/ greasyfork links lol

• Like Like x 1
  5. wolfpudding

wolfpudding New Turker

Ratings:
    +8
    ok thank you!! I will keep at it and hope to get more of a buffer.

• Like Like x 1