Low response rate (new requestor)

Discussion in 'Requesters' started by EUR_GWIE, Nov 5, 2021.

1. EUR_GWIE

EUR_GWIE New Turker

Ratings:
    +2
    Hi gang,

New requestor hoping for some help regarding the exceptionally low response rate to our HIT:
    Requestor: RA Morgan
    HIT: 3XJOUITW93EZQJMG08QFN9NUUMCQT8

After reviewing similar threads here, I'm not sure what obstacles I've overlooked since we...
    - are not requesting only Master quals
    - set HIT approval rate qual at 98%
    - only set geographic qualifications (EU member states), otherwise left open to all

For a survey with an average duration of 4 min, we thought the pay was set fairly ($1.16 = 1 Euro) but I can't find any reviews of our task to see if that isn't perceived to be the case.

Any tips/suggestions are appreciated!

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2021
  2. billy

billy Active Turker

Ratings:
    +544
    Despite what Amazon says there are not a lot of international workers from the EU on mturk, that is why it is going slowly. Mturk is mostly USA, like 80%. https://mturk-tracker.com used to give some insight to mturk population but the data from it was from hits that Panos Ipeirotis would post on Mturk and I have not seen them in quite some time.

• Like Like x 1
  3. EUR_GWIE

EUR_GWIE New Turker

Ratings:
    +2
    Hi Billy,

Thanks for the note!

We thought that might be the case, as the same task on Clickworker (based out of Essen) was completed at a considerable rate. Good to know we haven't made any egregious errors (in anything other than our expectations maybe).

• Like Like x 1
  4. billy

billy Active Turker

Ratings:
    +544
    If you are not worried about a heavy UK presence try Prolific Academic they have a larger EU population than Mturk.

• Like Like x 2