Rejection from Frankline Muthomi

Discussion in 'Help & Guides' started by malysa, Nov 23, 2021.

1. malysa

malysa Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +5,469
    So I was rejected and found it strange that every other review was rejected for the same bs reason "Incomplete budget simulation or unmatched unique and survey codes in qualtrics and balancing act exercise." . I actually remember the simulation and know that I was told that I had completed the goal. Anyways, I contacted the Program Director (kthur@niu.edu) per the consent form and was treated very rude and dismissively. Here is the IRB if any of y'all end up needing it also...

Contact Us
    Research Compliance Coordinator
    (for questions related to the IRB approval process)
    Patty Wallace
    Phone: 815-753-8588
    Fax: 815-753-1631
    Email: pwallace@niu.edu

IRB Chair
    MJ Blaschak
    Phone: 815-753-1438
    Email: mblaschak@niu.edu

• Like Like x 2
  2. dxv

dxv New Turker

Ratings:
    +8
    Did you contact the IRB? I was also rejected, but I also have the screenshots of my study and submission. I haven't heard back from the program director and requestor, but will definitely take this up to IRB if need be.

3. dwayne

dwayne New Turker

Ratings:
    +3
    I received a rejection as well, one for the task itself and another for the hit put out that had my worker ID listed to submit it. Does anyone know how I can reveiw this requester on turkveiw? I have looked everywhere and can not seem to figure it out.

4. dcats

dcats New Turker

Ratings:
    +8
    Thanks for all the info Malysa I was another unlucky one that got hit with 2 rejections. The second one is very odd as well. Did he create a fake compensation hit for the sole purpose of giving people another rejection?

Dwayne, I don’t think you can add a review unless it’s the day of the hit submission or the next day.

5. Raymond James

Raymond James Turker

Ratings:
    +283
    I also received the two rejections and my emails went unanswered. Should the next step be to contact the IRB? @malysa have you had any progress from contacting the program chair or did you have to contact the IRB?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Raymond James

Raymond James Turker

Ratings:
    +283
    After emailing the program director, he responded to me a few days later with a remediation opportunity to redo the HIT and have both rejections overturned. After completing the remediation opportunity both of the rejections were overturned and I was paid.

Thank you for providing the contact information @malysa

It pays to contact the IRB if you were unfairly rejected.