Queuebicle Panda Questions

Discussion in 'Help & Guides' started by TurRaider8v, Apr 4, 2022.

1. TurRaider8v

TurRaider8v Active Turker

Ratings:
    +115
    Hi,

I tried asking Chris about these questions but haven't heard back in weeks. Can anyone help with these please?

1.How to grab the same batch?
    I did a batch one day and set the max to 0 (unlimited) in the panda manager. The next day when another batch dropped with the same group ID, how come QBC doesn't grab it? I saw the batch in the Mturk HITs listings but QBC ignored it for some reason.

2.Panda attempts
    How do you set how many attempts a TV Watcher panda tries? The default is 30 attempts before it stops but it will stop at 15 or 10 if more than one panda is active. I want to set it higher because sometimes low paying pandas will run and then a higher paying panda I want to catch will stop at 15 or 10 instead of 30. And there are also some less desirable pandas that I only want to attempt 10 tries instead of a full 30.

Thanks!

2. Job Ogeto

Job Ogeto New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
    Still waiting for this response, I would also like to learn this

3. laby

laby Survey Slinger Former MTG MotM TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +31,296
    1. If you leave the it up in the panda manager and turn the listener icon on it should turn itself back on next time the batch hits the scraper if its using the same Group ID.
    upload_2022-4-4_16-24-53.png
    2. No idea about question 2, I've never noticed a way to change the default.

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  4. TurRaider8v

Ratings:
    +115
    I tried experimenting with the listener icon but it didn't seem to work when the new batch dropped (Mugen), I'll try again. Thanks!

5. GreenMachine842

GreenMachine842 Moderator (⌐■_■)

Ratings:
    +13,816
    Maybe they used a new group ID. For that I would make a requester watcher instead.

6. TurRaider8v

Ratings:
    +115
    It was the same group ID. I'm trying to avoid Requester Watchers because I want to reduce the PRE rate.

7. j0sh83

j0sh83 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,082
    @texnguy perhaps the solution to your problem.

8. j0sh83

j0sh83 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,082
    But what are you really losing to PRE if one open ended RID is running? Unless you are running a bunch of panda's at the same time, or you have changed your panda timing from the default, you should not have issues with PRE.

If @CT saw my panda manager, he would probably say, "you could have caught x amount of HITs if you didn't let that one panda run forever..." I don't typically run into PRE issues with one panda constantly going.

upload_2022-4-5_2-26-17.png

• Yikes Yikes x 1
    • Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1