[Please Help!] James Billings HITS not loading

Discussion in 'Help & Guides' started by xcourier, Jun 29, 2022.

1. xcourier

xcourier Turker

Ratings:
    +39
    I am pretty new to MTurk. I was having at least some consistency completing HITS for JB in an effort to get to 1000.

Recently, I can accept a HIT but it gets stuck on the white screen that just says Loading... ( Attached )

I gather this requester elicits strong feelings from reading posts on other boards. Many have said to steer clear for a lot of reasons, but there was a couple of reasons to hang on:

1. Easy to do the HITS on an iPhone
    2. Quick approval and seemingly endless supply ( I had not gotten any rejections or had any other weirdness)

I am not sure if this was coincidence, but the day I finally decided to explore Panda Crazy Max and MTS..was the day it seemingly broke for me. ( I do recall setting up a Panda and bunch of JB HITS came flying in ).

I did try the Gmail address listed for support, but got no response.
    Screen Shot 2022-06-29 at 10.17.51 AM.png
    Any help appreciated!

Thanks ! :emoji_slight_smile:

• Like Like x 2
  2. christopher crackers

christopher crackers New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
    Same happened to me within the last 3 days. No idea why. However, one can make better money doing new hits as soon as they appear on the general HIT page. Filter appropriately.

3. xcourier

xcourier Turker

Ratings:
    +39
    Thanks.. I moved on too. Just curious what happened. They used to be good when it got very slow, and one of the few HITS that can be grinded out on an iPhone.

4. PlutoG

PlutoG New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
    What I did when it came up for me was reloaded/refreshed the page and it went back to normal.

5. xcourier

xcourier Turker

Ratings:
    +39
    Thank you. I'm still not able to take them. The survey taking life can be taxing, but the JB rewards were worth the effort most days when there were no other jobs available.

6. Kitkat78

Kitkat78 New Turker

Ratings:
    +22
    Hello! Same issue has happened to me as well. Kinda a bummer because it was a quick way to make more than .50/HIT. I've emailed him and tried refreshing the page. Has been doing this for four days now.

7. Finneganwatson

Finneganwatson New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm very new to this as well, and I've noticed that a lot of those surveys tend to break frequently on mobile. it's a bummer, because they're so much easier to complete that way.

8. xcourier

xcourier Turker

Ratings:
    +39
    Unfortunately I have learned that not being able to do the surveys is a sort of 'soft-ban'. I do miss them as they were readily available, and paid quickly.

9. zztl9

zztl9 New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
    This started happening to me starting from this week, even though it wasn't a thing the two weeks before - so I am inclined to believe that it happens when we do all of the surveys that they have?

10. Chester15

Chester15 New Turker

Ratings:
    +4
    The past month or so he's been soft blocking a ton of people, I got the ban as well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Yikes Yikes x 1
  11. Kitkat78

Kitkat78 New Turker

Ratings:
    +22
    I just completed two HITs from him this morning...maybe the soft ban has been lifted.

12. IanVidler

IanVidler New Turker

Ratings:
    +3
    I've experienced exactly the same. Was fine last month but this..... unworkable.
    Tried again this morning but nothing. Time to move on from JB I think.

• Like Like x 1
  13. xcourier

xcourier Turker

Ratings:
    +39
    Yes, I finally moved on. It's been two months. Don't miss it now to be honest!

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  14. Chester15

Chester15 New Turker

Ratings:
    +4
    Strangely enough today I got unblocked. So its something to check in on every week for sure to see if youre able to do HITs.

• Like Like x 2
  15. xcourier

xcourier Turker

Ratings:
    +39
    Thanks that's a good idea. I finally blocked them myself which was was a bit cathartic, but to be honest I still click on a HIT sometimes just to check!

16. Rhet Thomas

Rhet Thomas New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
    hey sorry for the super late response. but i was doing the same thing as you the JB surveys just to get my hits up because they're available. and now i think i'm banned too :/

would you mind telling me what you ended up doing to get some HITS? nothing seems to be available to me except Ooga surveys and they constantly just bounce me around :/

17. cheber5088

cheber5088 New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
    Minimal at best now once in a while ok then none will see how it goes

18. gouken

gouken New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
    At first I was able to do the james billings hits but out of nowhere I've been unable to complete any hits from them. I emailed their support and they say that my worker ID was blocked because the surveys were not accepted or graded by multiple providers. Keep in mind, none of my hits were rejected and every survey I completed wasn't rushed through. Can they really just make stuff up like this to block people?