SurveyComet gave me CR Research #2 two days after I started.

Discussion in 'Help & Guides' started by Retr1bute, Jul 10, 2022.

1. Retr1bute

Retr1bute Active Turker

Ratings:
    +251
    As the title says, I was given the CR #2 qual TWO days after I started. I started on 4/11. I got CR #2 on 4/13. Coming from Prolific, I was such a green as grass newbie when I first started MTurk. Here are my stats now:
    Stats.PNG

...Who TF is SurveyComet, and why do they still have the authority to lock me out of so much (CR Research #1)? Especially because I was SO new. I didn't even do much back then. Seattle needs to get a grip on this - I need this platform and I'm good at it. I already tried reaching out to this so-called Requester. Now I'll go through the platform's people like I used to when I first got all setup.

• Like Like x 1
    • WOW WOW x 1
  2. xcourier

xcourier Turker

Ratings:
    +39
    Also came from Prolific recently. Nice job avoiding a lot of rejections from the get-go! I learned the hard way courtesy of "p9r" not to accept a batch of jobs from a requester you know nothing about ( I've since learned to check here and Turkopticon first). Having to get 100 HITS approved for every 1 you get rejected to keep a decent rating is quite painful .

• Like Like x 1
  3. Retr1bute

Retr1bute Active Turker

Ratings:
    +251
    Just wanted to update that I am being helped. I was thanked for my patience; they're looking into things and they're going to reach back out to me.

Edit: An entity called CloudResearch.

• WOW WOW x 2
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2022
  4. Yonsi

Yonsi New Turker

Ratings:
    +4
    They said the same to me but it has been nearly a week since I sent the email

• WOW WOW x 1
  5. Retr1bute

Retr1bute Active Turker

Ratings:
    +251
    Well, we're not in luck.

Capture.PNG

Edit: Time to have a good rest of my day.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2022
  6. Yonsi

Yonsi New Turker

Ratings:
    +4
    I wonder if it naturally falls off. If that's the case then I'm fine with them not removing it manually. But to be a brand new turker and then pretty much immediately slapped with it and excluded from a decent amount of quals for your entire turking career is ridiculous.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Retr1bute

Retr1bute Active Turker

Ratings:
    +251
    Thank you, damn. That's what I'm saying. Ugh. I've read from others on Reddit that experienced this issue. They were told to "keep up good work" and then perhaps it may fall off. That's exactly what I expected SurveyComet's response to be. I knew MTurk itself would say something like what they said, but it was worth a shot. The person from "CloudResearch" (which came from me messaging SurveyComet) gave me their name and stuff, so it did seem somewhat reassuring - idk I suppose we just gotta wait. :emoji_expressionless:

• WOW WOW x 1
  8. Retr1bute

Retr1bute Active Turker

Ratings:
    +251
    I just checked and CR #2 was removed from my quals. I checked the pending tab, and it's in there now:
    Capture.PNG

I'm just gonna keep at it working on the platform and see what happens moving forward.

9. Yonsi

Yonsi New Turker

Ratings:
    +4
    That sounds like good news. You probably have to wait for a survey comet study to really know.

I just emailed them back asking for an update since it has been a week

• Like Like x 1
  10. Retr1bute

Retr1bute Active Turker

Ratings:
    +251
    I got CR #1. I hope you do too Yonsi. Hopefully we helped each other out here.

• WOW WOW x 1
  11. xcourier

xcourier Turker

Ratings:
    +39
    How did you end up with CR#1? Was it by having CR#2 removed?

12. Yonsi

Yonsi New Turker

Ratings:
    +4
    Congrats. Unfortunately still no response. I don't think I'll be so lucky since there was a few months between when I signed up and when I got CR #2 (even though I was barely on the platform). I'll try to email them again next week so hoping for the best

• Like Like x 1