[Please Help!] Working when outside the US?

Discussion in 'Help & Guides' started by Alexander the Great, Sep 9, 2022.

1. Alexander the Great

Alexander the Great New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm a new US Mechanical Turk worker. Will I be able to work when outside of the US traveling? Will they have a problem with a non-US IP address? Should I use a VPN?

2. Tripsa

Tripsa ┴ɹᴉdsɐ

Ratings:
    +30,588
    I would message them for clarification but i'm pretty sure you can't work on mturk outside of the US with a US based account without running the risk of having the account locked. Using a vpn is a pretty sure fire way to get your account locked/closed eventually.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Alexander the Great

Ratings:
    +0
    I sent them a message. I'm skeptical they would go to the trouble to detect VPNs.

4. Alexander the Great

Ratings:
    +0
    response from Amazon:

can a US Turker work while overseas

While your account is registered in the US, you can access it outside of the US, however you might get flagged for working from outside of your registered country.

While this is not recommended, as it may lead to action being taken against your account, it is at the discretion of our investigative teams to determine whether action is required. However, as a safety measure, we would not recommend this working on your account while traveling.

5. Kahil01

Kahil01 Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +701
    I am just testing to make sure this is working. Nothing has updated since I logged on.

6. desirelaylor

desirelaylor New Turker

Ratings:
    +3
    HIII I need some information about requester?