09/11 - Strong Sunday

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by TissueHime, Sep 11, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ceedj

ceedj Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +6,020
    Hey Charlie (or anyone else, really), am I understanding this right, that the "search" is kind of like the old "Overwatch" script (which searched for requesters), but now doesn't use up regular PANDA slots, because there are two different PRE pools now? So I could run my normal 3 PANDA's and then add a search or two as well? Just trying to understand how it works. :)

2. rathalos420

rathalos420 Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +2,260
    That's right yeah. The search window has a separate PRE counter called "Search PREs." I've never seen it count a single one before, and it doesn't affect the PRE count or speed of the main window PANDAs.
    You can run as many as you want. The only effect of running more is that they take a "tick" of the search timer, so if you have 20 of them it takes 20 seconds to do a full cycle.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  3. ceedj

ceedj Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +6,020
    Awesome, thanks for confirming. I like the "update" though not seeing the old "default" text in the queue watch window is making me a little crazy. :flail:

• Like Like x 1
  4. j0sh83

j0sh83 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,083
    Gabriela Duran [A1RMQ22HVABPIF] Is this an artwork? - $0.10 | PANDA

Underpaid

Unrated

Unrated
    $5.63 / hour
    00:01:04 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:
    Garbage pay. Minimal writing.

Catchability: Great (HIT Last Seen: a second ago)
    Qualifications:

To read Gabriela Duran's full profile check out TurkerView!

5. LaneyB

LaneyB Active Turker

Ratings:
    +488
    Can I butt in and ask how the search compares to adding a HIT as an RID? Is that basically the same as a Search? I don't keep too many of them active because I wasn't sure how that slowed down my chances of getting another HIT I have on Panda.

• Like Like x 1
  6. rathalos420

rathalos420 Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +2,260
    It's actually the same feature, he just broke it out into its own window so he could add features without cluttering the main window.

It doesn't affect your PANDAs at all. I don't know the technical details, but the developer says "Due to MTURK changing the way panda, search and queue PRE limits are set at I was able to separate the one timer into 3 different timers. The search triggers do not add to the panda PRE limit and vice versa."

https://github.com/JohnnyRS/PandaCrazy-Max/wiki/SearchUI#searchcrazy-page---searchui--

• Like Like x 1
  7. LaneyB

LaneyB Active Turker

Ratings:
    +488
    I've never done anything beyond the Main Window but I make a lot of them as RIDs if I don't catch them early on. I did notice that the HITs that were in Panda mode pulsed rapidly while the RIDs didn't - but everyone always said not to do more than 1 or 2 as Pandas, so I never wanted to keep the RIDs going. I guess I can... that's great. Thanks!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Koda0412

Koda0412 New Turker

Ratings:
    +7
    msr [A28ZP4L2JREON0] 15-min Survey on Learning Experiences(~ 15 minutes) - $1.50 | PANDA

Unrated

Unrated

Unrated
    $15.56 / hour
    00:05:47 / completion time
    Approved!
    Pros:
    Cons:

Catchability: Okay (HIT Last Seen: 42 minutes ago)
    Qualifications: Total approved HITs >= 100; TP Panel: 1594263925 1 N >= 100; Exc: [-1397542061-383545] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) >= 85; CR Research Group #1 >= 100; Location In US;

To read msr's full profile check out TurkerView!

9. Ross

Ross Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,011
    Serwaa [A1GGLW57355GI9] Responses to social issues(~ 4 minutes) - $0.80 | PANDA

Generous

Unrated

Unrated
    $29.69 / hour
    00:01:37 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Catchability: Great (HIT Last Seen: 38 seconds ago)
    Qualifications: Exc: [384178-383589] DoesNotExist ; CR Research Group #1 >= 100; Location In US;

To read Serwaa's full profile check out TurkerView!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.