SNS-Eng Qualification

Discussion in 'Help & Guides' started by bread, Sep 15, 2022.

1. bread

bread New Turker

Ratings:
    +2
    Hi fairly new, I can't find SNS-Eng anywhere. Does anyone know how to obtain this one, or know if it's closed?

• Like Like x 1
  2. KelKoval78

KelKoval78 Turker

Ratings:
    +71

I am not exactly sure what you're referring to where are you seeing it at? That is telling you "SNS- English"

• Like Like x 1
  3. KelKoval78

KelKoval78 Turker

Ratings:
    +71

Which i should reclarify: what is telling you or where did you read that you need SNS-English" because it could be a HIT or it could be a qualification you would need to take it just depends on where you're seeing that at and maybe I can help you.

• Like Like x 1
  4. bread

bread New Turker

Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks for getting back to me, I saw it while browsing for new qualification tests I could take the other day. It was the only qual on the list of quals needed for the hit which looked good as I didn't need anything else like masters or anything. I will check tomoz see if I can find it again as I'm on UK time aha.

Edit: I can't see the hit anymore but I did press the request qualification button the other day will attach a screenshot so you can see.
    Also the actual link for the requester: https://worker.mturk.com/requesters/AVXEFU3F6XQSW/projects

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 22, 2022
  5. KelKoval78

KelKoval78 Turker

Ratings:
    +71
    yes me too (cant see it, its gone) The hit is gone for what you sent the link for but from the screenshot and what you said it looks like a qualification that the requester set up.. That is my best guess and they can make up their own qualifications and call them whatever they want per hit that they create and do because I just went through about an hours worth of my qualifications and I don't have that one that or they have a different name for it. (and you're in the UK? have you tried prolific?).... Also if you go to "Turkerview"( top of screen), click on it and a new page will come up and in the top menu bar it's called Qualifeye (it's spelled differently than what it normally would be but you can find the qualification test there and below the qualification tests listed it will also list the hits available that are qualification hits it will just save you a bunch of time I figured I'd let you know).... The adult qualification is there in the middle as well in between the tests section and Qual hits section its very easily missed

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2022
  6. bread

bread New Turker

Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks for that, what is prolific by the way? and I have been using Qualifeye yeah it's helpful, and I have already done the adult qual :) what other ways can I watch out for qualifications if you know of any?

7. bread

bread New Turker

Ratings:
    +2
    Also, that qual hit has some right now lol with SNS-Eng, it looks like they're for different counties/languages maybe because of the IN and AU.

Untitled2.jpg

8. KelKoval78

KelKoval78 Turker

Ratings:
    +71

That is that the only ways I know just on HITS that are randomly posted and through the qualifeye.. And OK I see what you're saying about the SNS-Eng from your picture. Looks like the requester like you said languages in different countries and stuff like that.. I do a lot of hits for that requester.

• Like Like x 1
  9. bread

bread New Turker

Ratings:
    +2
    Okay thanks for all your help!

• Like Like x 1
  10. IanVidler

IanVidler New Turker

Ratings:
    +3
    Hello Bread.

My experience - as a fellow UK Turker - is that a good chunk of qualifications require you to be US based; leaving us somewhat locked out.
    I had hoped that hitting 1000 HITs would open up more opportunities for me but I am still scrabbling around with $00.01s & $00.02s much of the time!
    Not sure how similar your experience has been so far?

• Like Like x 1
  11. KelKoval78

KelKoval78 Turker

Ratings:
    +71
    your welcome!! good luck