10/31 - Happy Turker-ween!

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by IcyTundra, Oct 31, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lapetitebaker

lapetitebaker Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +7,895
    Tito Grillo [A1SLYJZFCNGZ7D] Purchases in daily life(~ 5 minutes) - $0.60 | PANDA

Fair

Unrated

Unrated
    $16.62 / hour
    00:02:10 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Catchability: Great (HIT Last Seen: a second ago)
    Qualifications: Exc: [391209-390620] DoesNotExist ; Location In US-AK, US-CO, US-CT, US-DE, US-IL, US-MA, US-MD, US-MI, US-MN, US-MT, US-ND, US-NH, US-NJ, US-NY, US-OH, US-OR, US-PA, US-RI, US-VT, US-WA; CR Research Group #1 >= 100;

To read Tito Grillo's full profile check out TurkerView!

2. malysa

malysa Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +5,534
    Nicholas Olson [A05973031XX9FPTDLRU5H] Complete a short 5-minute survey about consumer perspectives on decision making!(~ 5 minutes) - $0.40 | PANDA

Unrated

Unrated

Unrated
    $7.62 / hour
    00:03:09 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Catchability: Okay (HIT Last Seen: 21 minutes ago)
    Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) >= 96; CR Research Group #1 >= 100; Exc: [391201-390612] DoesNotExist ; Location In US;

To read Nicholas Olson's full profile check out TurkerView!

3. purplepotato

purplepotato Lavender Spudkin

Ratings:
    +32,852
    [​IMG]

• Love Love x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. malysa

malysa Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +5,534
    just did my first Empirical Jury or whoever they want to be these days in forever because I needed the ten bucks but now I'm going to have nightmares from dude's leg pictures. I need Remesh to come out of hiding BADDDDDDDDDDD....

5. Mstogu

Mstogu Active Turker

Ratings:
    +112

On connect? I did that, too. Not to scare you off from future ones, I have seen much worse.

6. purplepotato

Ratings:
    +32,852
    why can't i dm you, my favorite gif-er? she asked for yours to stay up or combine them, mods did mod things to make the exports work, this shouldn't be a point of contention. we can all be fronds here
    [​IMG]

• Love Love x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Squatcobbler

Squatcobbler Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +11,781
    TCM coming strong for Halloween tonight...
    Bride of Frankenstein
    Son of Frankenstein
    Frankenstein
    The Invisible Man
    The Wolf Man
    Dracula's Daughter
    The Black Cat

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jinsaryko

Jinsaryko Turker

Ratings:
    +7
    CoCoSci Lab at Princeton [A1S8PU3QK4OKG3] The 3D object Memory Game (Bonus up to $3.5) [clofxp1] (dlgr-f0343ca5-c9b2-d9b6) - $0.50 | PANDA

Underpaid

Unrated

Unrated
    $1.07 / hour
    00:28:03 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Catchability: Very Low (HIT Last Seen: 3 hours ago)
    Qualifications: Total approved HITs >= 5000; HIT approval rate (%) >= 99; Location EqualTo US;

To read CoCoSci Lab at Princeton's full profile check out TurkerView!

9. IcyTundra

IcyTundra Tundra Thundra

Ratings:
    +17,080
    I asked them originally to combine them and tagged the black order - I thought they were going to do what they usually do and keep yours and just put mine after. I didn't mean to usurp yours. Yours had reviews so I figured they'd throw mine after. After I DM'd with you I did message TPG telling him to take mine down but it was before everyone was awake. I went to bed before they did anything with it. I didn't even know until this afternoon that they had left mine up. I'm super sorry about that. We literally had posted at the same time, and I didn't see yours. If I could have pulled it down myself I would have.

[​IMG]

• Love Love x 2
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2022
  10. Mstogu

Mstogu Active Turker

Ratings:
    +112
    Why is everyone so nice on this thread? Almost spooky!. Talking about spooky, Happy Halloween everyone. My son is too "big boy" to wear a costume and trick or treat. Booo :(. Whose candy stash am I going to steal from? My town is so safe people with young children come here from nearby towns for trick or treating. The town is a like really large playground right now. I hope you all are having your kind of fun, too.

• Love Love x 3
  11. lovemydogs

lovemydogs Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +401
    Yeah that was nothing. Also seemed like a repeat, I remember a very similar case when they were still on mturk. The only difference was the 6 minute video showing the technology and less details about the person who caused the accident.

12. purplepotato

Ratings:
    +32,852
    aww bummer, my niece and nephew got rained out of their first trick-or-treating post pandemic. my sister and i had to doordash them a small bit of candy and a stuffed animal for each lol - nephew was more interested in the movie his parents had put on for them, but niece said it did make her feel better. love those kids

edit - by "had to" i meant wanted to so totally did voluntarily :p

• Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • WOW WOW x 1
  13. lovemydogs

Ratings:
    +401
    I heard remesh went to one of those junk survey sites where you make $5 a month doing surveys.

14. lovemydogs

Ratings:
    +401
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Mstogu

Mstogu Active Turker

Ratings:
    +112

Some jury cases are so tragic. I do them if I feel good. If I am already sad or blue, I avoid them not to feel even worse. I am okay with pics, they don't bother me, I have been tough about that since I was young even in real-life. Once a repairman felt from second floor in front of me in college, I held his neck where blood was squirting until the ambulance came. I did not even flinch. Until that incident, I did not know I could do that, well now I know.

• Like Like x 1
  16. lovemydogs

Ratings:
    +401
    Good plan! You can't put a price on your mental health. I have worked in health care and seen all kinds of stuff so the pictures dont bug me either. Was the repairman ok? Sounds like you may have saved his life!

17. Mstogu

Mstogu Active Turker

Ratings:
    +112
    He had some broken bones and lost many teeth (the department chair emailed the students and staff because many people saw the incident), but the chair said he was fine. I don't think I saved his life, because it was not like a very serious bleeding. I think squirting was an overly dramatic choice of word on my part-probably you have seen much worse. He asked me to hold, he himself was scared to loose too much blood. And I did what he said. Which also shows that he was himself and could feel pain. It was a bad accident but he was really really lucky.

18. Clevelumbus85

Clevelumbus85 Turker

Ratings:
    +15
    LeveyZ_BGSU [A9TGWAO9NI6YX] Diversity Explanations of Personality Tests(~ 10 minutes) - $1.50 | PANDA

Unrated

Unrated

Unrated
    $24.32 / hour
    00:03:42 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Qualifications: Exc: [388636-388047] DoesNotExist ; CR Research Group #1 >= 100; Location In US;

To read LeveyZ_BGSU's full profile check out TurkerView!

19. Random Turker

Random Turker Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +25,033
    But mturk can. Here's 1 penny for troubles!

• LOL LOL x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • 5/5 Pay 5/5 Pay x 1
  20. Surferdude

Surferdude Turker

Ratings:
    +28
    Mauricio [A1OIK8JUWHMHM6] Interactive task(~ 7 minutes) - $0.50 | PANDA

Unrated

Unrated

Unrated
    $4.17 / hour
    00:07:12 / completion time
    Pros:
    Easy and 6 or 7 minutes is an accurate completion time so it is underpaid.
    Cons:
    underpaid

Qualifications: Exc: [390649-390060] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) >= 95; CR Research Group #1 >= 100; Location In US;

To read Mauricio's full profile check out TurkerView!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.