06/01 - TurkerHub Tribune Thursday!

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by ChrisTurk, Jun 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GreenMachine842

GreenMachine842 Moderator (⌐■_■)

Ratings:
    +13,816
    • Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  2. jessers

jessers Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +44,726
    You really are! There's so much dick measuring that goes on here, it's so refreshing to see someone actually care about the human behind the username rather than just someone who's competing for the highest PE. jqkill was the closest to that on mtg that I remember. It's really nice. :)

• Love Love x 2
  3. SAJ

SAJ Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +51,479
    That is what I try to do too :) I am usually successful but occasionally I melt some snowflakes though

• Love Love x 1
  4. Randomacts

Randomacts Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +124,073
    • Love Love x 1
  5. SAJ

SAJ Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +51,479
    [​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 2
  6. GreenMachine842

Ratings:
    +13,816
    It's funny you mention him. I had numerous PMs with him he was always willing to share advice and to be honest a mentor and kinda protected newbs from some of the crap that went on. Sometimes people really would jump on people for asking questions about quals, scripts or pandas and you would get the use the search bar response. So at that point I really wanted to emulate him. My scripts are not always great but it is easy enough to listen to people and just take an interest in their life (I hope that doesn't sound creepy) and say good job or give encouragement its easy and there isn't much you can do wrong doing with that and I genuinely care about you guys. I know you are all real people and I consider you my co-workers and friends and you all bring something else to the table and as a collective we are a pretty awesome group!:ay:
    https://turkerhub.com/posts/162645/

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
  7. Jasper

Jasper Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +3,639
    To many feels ITT, I can't cope.

#WhenTheDepressionSetsIn

Everyone here is great though seriously, you guys are like family.

<3

• Love Love x 2
  8. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    [​IMG]

• Love Love x 2
  9. GreenMachine842

Ratings:
    +13,816
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  10. Jasper

Jasper Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +3,639
    I want to apologize ahead of time, because I've been drinking.

but on some real shit.

Ever since my mom died, I really don't have anyone. I'm pretty secluded where I live there is no one my age around these parts.
    I don't have any family or friends except for the few people here even though I know none of you very well.
    I have the music thing going for me but it tends to bring people who just want something out of it.
    This place is 99% of the human interaction I get tbh.

Being in and out of the hospital constantly has really killed any sense of trust, I have in anyone.

but before I ramble anymore about things that don't matter.

Stay wonderful everyone. You guys/gals are great.

:ba:

• Love Love x 2
  11. hofrungur

hofrungur Active Turker

Ratings:
    +757
    and now for something different but i just finished watching john wick chapter 2 and it's a high recommend for mindless action

it's violent poetry with strokes of bloody definition and it's available at your favorite place to get digital movies

angry keanu > sad keanu

• Like Like x 1
  12. Sunlite

Sunlite Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +7,755

You won doubles champion in your trap league last night is the story? Congrats. Sorry, I thought you had suffered a loss of a loved one. My mistake.

13. GreenMachine842

Ratings:
    +13,816
    I hear you there isn't anything that will just fix it but just stay positive and keep going man. Everyone has to deal with stuff in their own way so just keep being you and keep doing your music it's good stuff and you should be proud of it. Just keep being you!:ay:

• Love Love x 2
  14. GreenMachine842

Ratings:
    +13,816
    Did you read the spoilers I put the rest of the story in there. I always use to trapshoot with my family and My Mom passed this January from cancer so this was my first time trying to shoot without her. It was hard and something I didn't ever think I would get out and shoot again so this was a step in healing.

• Love Love x 1
  15. Jasper

Jasper Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +3,639
    :hug:

• Love Love x 1
  16. jamer

jamer Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +1,805
    I am going to catch up and chime in: Hugs to all of you who have lost a mom or dad. I lost my dad and my step dad and it really does suck. You know, you just want to call them sometimes. I find Pennies from my Grandma, and Dimes from my Step dad. Weird? Maybe, but it is true enough. Green Your Mom was there, don't ever think she wasn't, just not the same way is all. Hugs to you for getting up and doing the things you would know she would want you to. I have a son and speaking as a Mom I am going to tell you what a parent really wants are their kids to live their lives and be happy inside.
    So lots of hugs to you.

I was around on the other board, but wasn't there very long when the switch was made and I followed. I think you are all pretty great.

I have bought John Wick 2 but haven't watched it yet. Keanu is my favorite though. I actually have pictures of him playing in a bar at the Holiday Inn with his band Dogstar. Yep.. when he was famous.. he would play fairs, and small gigs. That was say 15 years ago, He'd wear these broken down boots that really looked like they belonged in the garbage.. but that is what made him so cool to me. Richer than hell and wearing boots a bum would think twice about. LOL.

I also consider you my "co-workers" We really need to have a Christmas Party Ha ha ha.. wouldn't that be funny, I will bring the wine.

• Love Love x 3
  17. Sunlite

Sunlite Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +7,755
    This was my song for my brother as and after he passed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  18. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    Huh this posted at a strange hour

Title: Write a brief comment about a product or service for a website proof-of-concept | PANDA
    Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
    Requester: MAD Labs [AH3L9684FUCS6] (Contact)
    TO 1: [Pay: 4.03] [Fast: 4.29] [Comm: 2.91] [Fair: 4.17] [Reviews: 47] [ToS: 3]
    TO 2:
    [Rate: $12.50/hr] [Pen: 1.00 days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: 100% of 2] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
    Description:
    You will write five brief comments about your perception of how well 5 products or services solve a given problem. Your comments will be used in a non-commercial website prototype.
    Time: 5 hours
    HITs Available: 1
    Reward: $2.50
    Qualifications: Location is US;
    @humbleturker

• Like Like x 1
  19. SAJ

SAJ Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +51,479
    Title: Write a brief comment about a product or service for a website proof-of-concept | PANDA
    Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
    Requester: MAD Labs [AH3L9684FUCS6] (Contact)
    TO 1: [Pay: 4.03] [Fast: 4.29] [Comm: 2.91] [Fair: 4.17] [Reviews: 47] [ToS: 3]
    TO 2:
    [Rate: $12.50/hr] [Pen: 1.00 days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: 100% of 2] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
    Description:
    You will write five brief comments about your perception of how well 5 products or services solve a given problem. Your comments will be used in a non-commercial website prototype.
    Time: 5 hours
    HITs Available: 1
    Reward: $2.50
    Qualifications: Location EqualTo US;
    HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.21.10

20. RoseE87

RoseE87 Active Turker

Ratings:
    +1,219
    Hey hey.. After adding projection scrips and such that affect numbers, when does it stop saying NaN?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.