08/27 - Sorbet Sunday!

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by Melting Glacier, Aug 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Melting Glacier

Melting Glacier PE: $30.01 - That's over $1.25/hour! ┬┴┤( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴

Ratings:
    +11,423
  2. Randomacts

Randomacts Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +124,073
    I would like to give a shout out to my boys working at Microsoft. I mean there is no better way to spend a Saturday day night / day than fixing a fubared windows install after an update. <3

• LOL LOL x 3
  3. keysman

keysman Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +11,718
    Title: Mind Wandering & Recorded Lectures(~ 40 minutes) | PANDA
    Requester: Cognition and Natural Behavior Laboratory [AHN61MLI1DS8R] (TO)
    TO Ratings:
    ★★★★★ 5.00 Communicativity
    ★★★★ 4.83 Generosity
    ★★★★ 4.97 Fairness
    ★★★★ 4.89 Promptness
    Number of Reviews: 102 | TOS Flags: 0
    Submit a new TO review
    Description: This HIT will involve watching/listening to a 25-min recorded psychology lecture and completing a short test on the lectures (~35-40 mins total, $5)
    Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
    HITs Available: 1
    Reward: $5.00
    Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 100;Location is one of: CA, US;HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95;Exc: [380010495-55117] has not been granted

• Nom Nom Nom! Nom Nom Nom! x 6
  4. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    *Gets back into windows*

Remember everyone.

Back up Sunday Sunday Sunday

BACK UP YOUR GOD DAMN SCRIPTS FFS

:flail:

[​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 5
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
  5. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    @hvnnvr Macrium Reflect's boot repair ended up being what fixed it. I tried basically everything else and ended up booting into Kyhi's recovery tools.

For fucks sake M$... sigh at least this didn't happen on a Tuesday lol :flail:

• LOL LOL x 1
  6. Cardassia4Cardassians

Cardassia4Cardassians Turker

Ratings:
    +51
    That's why I use GNU/Linux 99% of the time. I only boot to Windows for the few things I still need it for from time to time and even then I just use an unactivated copy of Win10 LTSB but, hey, at least you've got it fixed, right?

I've been messing around with Handbrake because I've got a lot of Video_TS files I need to transcode for my media server but haven't figured out exactly what I want to do yet so I thought I'd turk for a bit before work and deal with it when I get home.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    If you don't have the knowledge to do a proper encode handbreak will be good enough for you.

And yeah I would love to be on a linux install with a virtual machine that I pass through a GPU to but that just isn't feasible on my current setup. And I still need windows for most games. Yeah sure I could reboot but with how I turk I need to be running my scrapers 24/7.

Personally I'm actually a fan of Arch for desktop and debian for servers.

8. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    Actually opensuse is really good as well for servers and desktops but I haven't used it that much.

And you can't argue with a jingle like this lol

9. Cardassia4Cardassians

Ratings:
    +51
    I haven't really messed with it before since I haven't really needed to much in the past and have just been putting it off. Is there something else you would recommend? I'd like to try to keep it as close to the source as possible since a lot of it isn't great quality to begin with(lots of w/o/c stuff, VHS rips, and stuff like that that is hard to find in good quality.)

Gaming is one area where it does fall behind and its still not there yet but its getting better. I don't do a ton of gaming but there are a few things I still need Windows for so I keep it around.

I used debian for a long time but really like slackware for general purpose use and that's what I've been using for a while now.

10. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    Are those video_TS files from a BD? You could have just used makemkv to turn it directly into mkvs. Now that would just be a remux but :dunno:

If you aren't fixing issues in the video source with stuff like debanding and denoising (it gets a lot more complicated than that ofc) you should be fine with just using handbreak. Just make sure the bitrate isn't set to super low or w/e and it will be okay.

11. Cardassia4Cardassians

Ratings:
    +51
    Its mostly old and rare OOP stuff from private trackers. I've got MakeMKV as well. I wont be fixing anything or doing anything like that. Just a straight transcode. I've read a few different guides on HB and the HB wiki and I think I've got most of it set to be same as source or close to it by using the presets and adjusting a little bit but haven't played with it enough to be sure. I was planning on doing H.264 with AAC/AC-3 audio in a MP4 container. Do you think MKV is a better container than MP4? I don't really care about speed, space, or anything like that. I've got plenty of time to just queue it up and let it do its thing and more than enough space(I've got 96tb raw atm but steadily adding more to my pool) I just want it as close to source as possible since I don't think there is much I can do to make it better.

12. TissueHime

TissueHime Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +2,404
  13. cheyenne

cheyenne Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +7,685
    Title: Provide English descriptions describing the differences between plots. | PANDA
    Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
    Requester: Percy Liang [A29YQT3EEC0ZEC] (Contact)
    TO 1: [Pay: 3.17] [Fast: 4.36] [Comm: 4.33] [Fair: 4.72] [Reviews: 88] [ToS: 0]
    TO 2:
    [Rate: $3.46/hr] [Pen: -- days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: 0% of 2] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 1]
    Reward:
    $2.00
    Duration: 2 hours
    Available: 12
    Description: Using complete English sentences, describe the difference between the each pair of plots shown in 5 different ways.
    Requirements: Total approved HITs is greater than 500; HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 90; Location is US
    HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.25.5
    If anyone is turking at this hour.

• Nom Nom Nom! Nom Nom Nom! x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    MKV is always better because you can put anything into it. It basically is the end game of video containers.

• Like Like x 1
  15. krystine

krystine Active Turker

Ratings:
    +3,009
    Title: Recruitment Study(~ 15 minutes) | PANDA
    Requester: Anuradha Anantharaman [A3MT7YGFPAUJ9B] (Contact)
    TO 1: Not Available
    TO 2: Not Available
    Reward: $1.00
    Duration: 30 minutes
    Available: 1
    Description: This 15 min study exposes participants to a series of individual difference items to gain a better understanding of how people differ from one another. This is part 1 of a two part study. A week after your completion in this study, you will have access to a short second survey.
    Requirements: Exc: [532170199-55247] has not been granted; TP Panel: -1956039980 N is not less than 100; Total approved HITs is not less than 100; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95; Location is one of: US;

• Nom Nom Nom! Nom Nom Nom! x 4
  16. Cardassia4Cardassians

Ratings:
    +51
    Thanks for the info. I'll give it a go when I get off tonight.

• Like Like x 1
  17. krystine

krystine Active Turker

Ratings:
    +3,009
    • Nom Nom Nom! Nom Nom Nom! x 8
  18. LLL

LLL Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +5,994
    Morning!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  19. krystine

krystine Active Turker

Ratings:
    +3,009
    Title: Complete a research survey on aging well - for individuals aged 50 or over | PANDA
    Requester: Niki Heath [A1H45VMENS0960] (Contact)
    TO 1: Not Available
    TO 2: Not Available
    Reward: $1.20
    Duration: 60 minutes
    Description: You will be asked a series of questions that require you to reflect on your experiences of aging, as well as on personal attributes that may impact your sense of aging well. It should take approximately 30-45 minutes to complete the survey.
    Requirements:

• Nom Nom Nom! Nom Nom Nom! x 2
  20. LLL

LLL Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +5,994
    Title: Rate videos on whether they are racy. | PANDA
    Requester: Sergey Schmidt [A4IJUXTMQNS4J] (Contact)
    TO 1: [Pay: 3.17] [Fast: 4.96] [Comm: 3.00] [Fair: 4.96] [Reviews: 31] [ToS: 0]
    TO 2:
    [Rate: $6.17/hr] [Pen: 0.04 days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: 100% of 1] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
    Reward:
    $0.10
    Duration: 15 minutes
    Description: Given a video, decide if it is racy or not.
    Requirements: Location is US
    Sergeys

• Nom Nom Nom! Nom Nom Nom! x 7
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.