11/15 - TurkerHub's Birthday Wednesday!

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by NBadger, Nov 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NBadger

NBadger Mod of Cat Gifs

Ratings:
    +40,241
    [​IMG]

The TurkerHub Origin Story
    Late in October 2016, MturkGrind was put up for sale on Flippa. At this point, @ChrisTurk attempted to purchase MTG but blessed failed in doing so, and it was bought out instead by someone whose hamster servers made PFA's look like they were run by cheetahs. This was later regifted to a random Russian dude that made a creepy Christmas/NY's video (12/30/16). We don't question it.

But on this day one year ago, 11/15/16, @ChrisTurk posted on the derelict forum MturkGrind to say that he had created a new and lovely forum for us to all come and play in, which he named TurkerHub. He also noted he could be bribed with memes; note this as it will become relevant later. On that same day, @jessers, his partner in crime, posted the first daily thread. It was a mere 8 pages in @Randomacts measurements--how far we have fallen come in our gif game.

Also on Day One, CT was already trying to pimp us out for money with his referral links, but by Day Two (11/16/16) he was on to the tried and true activity of breaking things. The power, of course, naturally got to his head quite quickly as within the week (also 11/16/16) he was threatening to bring out the ban hammer. Examples of gifs of this hammer can be found in the Kudo linked below. Unfortunately, he got a little carried away and inadvertently murdered all the mods by sending them into ban world (1/8/16). He made up to them by turning them into sociopaths instead (8/10/11), and also by assaulting them with excessive birthday wishes.

CT himself has also experienced some personal growth, such as when we discovered he eats dog food 360 days out of the year—he was appropriately memed so that Sophia could understand him. Running a forum has not always been fun and games, however, as at one point @Girl Polar Bear attempted to buy TH out from under him, which lead to the Great Polar Bear Revolt of 2017. We are not entirely sure if a truce has since been called or if she is simply biding her time.

Aside from CT's personal moments, TH itself has had several milestones. In the year since it started, it has housed over 2,000 members, created nearly half a million posts, started a mturk wiki (1/18/17), opened a Earn/video option (5/15/17), and created its own review platform (9/22/17). Also, we learned the Baker’s Dozen stages of turking, a convenient list for all your turking needs (10/25/17).

Top Turker Moments
    Most lol'd of all time - @SeDuCeR seduced the entire forum with his award-winning cinematography
    Most loved of all time - split between @jdzane's group effort anniversary project and @GreenMachine842's new baby!
    Most useful of all time - @Kadauchi's post on Chrome throttling

Say thank you to TurkerHub by dropping a message on its Kudoboard!
    In order to say thanks to TH for all the laughter, community, and $$ it's put in our lives, feel free to drop an extra donation to keep her up and running. Additionally, we've set up a Kudoboard here that anyone can drop a message of thanks/a goofy gif/a fond memory at. The board will stay up for the next 24-48 hours. Anyone is welcome to add to it. It does want you to put an email in to add a post, but a)neither I nor anyone else will see your email and b)it does accept dummy accounts if you want to just slap on a mailinator address and post that way. Any and everyone is welcome :ba:

Happy birthday TH :emoji_grin:

[​IMG]

• Love Love x 44
    • Like Like x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  2. Tripsa

Tripsa ┴ɹᴉdsɐ

Ratings:
    +30,588
    • Love Love x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • 5/5 Pay 5/5 Pay x 1
  3. SeDuCeR

SeDuCeR Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +11,180
    [​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 7
    • Love Love x 1
  4. Jasper

Jasper Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +3,639
    morning everyone~

Happy Birthday TurkerHub~

• Love Love x 1
  5. LLL

LLL Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +5,994
    Can any one tell me why this is happening?

Screenshot (688).png
    Screenshot (689).png

• Love Love x 1
  6. Jasper

Jasper Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +3,639

I want to say the zoom on your browser is broken but that might not be right~

Now the IT man deep deep inside me says "Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

7. LLL

LLL Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +5,994
    I'v e cleared cache, cookies, reboot, run cc cleaner, disabled all scripts and extensions, and nothing. All day it would load blank web pages, just white screens until I refresh. Think it's a bad stick of memory or something corrupt in chrome but I don't know.

• Love Love x 1
  8. Jasper

Jasper Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +3,639

Well fuck that's no good at all~

I hope you can get it fixed <3

Wish I knew how to help lol~

• Love Love x 1
  9. Tripsa

Tripsa ┴ɹᴉdsɐ

Ratings:
    +30,588
    [​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 1
  10. Tripsa

Tripsa ┴ɹᴉdsɐ

Ratings:
    +30,588
    Whoops today's not the 14th :lol:

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  11. LLL

LLL Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +5,994
    How was HoTS? Did you and RA get a team together?

Team GARROSH

• Love Love x 1
  12. rater9

rater9 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +3,920
    Title: Sign In Methods | PANDA
    Requester: Signin Study [A3FZD3R4UK7KE2] (Contact)
    TO: This requester currently has no TO reviews. [url=Leave one!
    Description: -
    Time: 10 minutes
    HITs Available: 1063
    Reward: $0.05
    Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 1; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 90; Location is US;
    This HIT was posted through TurkerHub xPort Script v2.1 • Learn MoreInstall Here
    endor hit

• Nom Nom Nom! Nom Nom Nom! x 11
  13. Jasper

Jasper Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +3,639
    It went pretty well till the very end ~

@Randomacts , @Ballistic406 , and I pretty much fucked everyone and everything up. Except for the last game where we got dicked down.

• Love Love x 1
  14. SeDuCeR

SeDuCeR Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +11,180
    beautiful job, just awesome.. and HAPPY BIRTHDAY TURKERHUB... here's to 1000 more

• Love Love x 8
  15. THFYM

THFYM Survey Slinger Former MTG MotM

Ratings:
    +23,050
    Title: Write a brief comment about a product or service | PANDA
    Requester: MAD Labs [AH3L9684FUCS6] (TO)
    TO Ratings:
    [​IMG]
    ☢☢☢☢☢ 3.08 Communicativity
    ☢☢☢☢ 4.08 Generosity
    ☢☢☢☢ 4.24 Fairness
    ☢☢☢☢ 4.31 Promptness
    Number of Reviews: 49
    (Submit a new TO rating for this requester)

Description: You will write five brief comments about your perception of how well 5 products or services solve a given problem. Your comments will be used in a non-commercial website prototype.
    Time: 5 hours
    Hits Available: 1
    Reward: $2.50
    Qualifications: Location is US

• Nom Nom Nom! Nom Nom Nom! x 10
  16. LLL

LLL Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +5,994
    Just grab a Mad Labs straight from OW. Pandas are fucked too.

17. Mothra

Mothra Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +11,952
    Is there a script that adds HF export to completed hits in the hits menu?
    I always take some shady hit, find out it's really good, and then can't export it because a, I reset HF and b, I'm too lazy/busy to figure out the ID and type stuff, which is hard.

18. Melting Glacier

Melting Glacier PE: $30.01 - That's over $1.25/hour! ┬┴┤( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴

Ratings:
    +11,423
    Nope, there isn't. I'm guessing the big reason is because HIT Status pages don't contain GIDs. They contain HIT IDs, the same that are used for HITs already in queue (same as when you get a bonus email). So some cross-talk wizardry would need to be done with databases. The nice part about leaving TV reviews (especially along with the Mturk Hourly script) is that if CT's scraper knows the panda, it'll attach it to the review automagically.

19. lemondrop

lemondrop Active Turker

Ratings:
    +732
    Happy Birthday Turker Hub!

[​IMG]

• Love Love x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
  20. DigitalDenizen

DigitalDenizen Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +2,044