[Script] MTurk Worker Site Dark Themes [BETA]

Discussion in 'mTurk Scripts & Resources' started by Trickydude24, Oct 4, 2017.

1. paulac7

paulac7 New Turker

Ratings:
    +2
    I'm a brandy new member (like 2 days), of both the forum and to the world of Mturk. Been doing a lot of reading to get things set up to my liking and all of that fun stuff. I just happened upon this thread, and I would like to say that I am totally happy with the Dark Blue theme. It's way easier on the eyes, and just very visually appealing.

Thank you!

• Love Love x 1
  2. WildFlower

WildFlower Survey Slinger FF Champion II

Ratings:
    +4,950
    @Trickydude24 If I install this, is it something I can turn off and then back on easily?

3. Trickydude24

Trickydude24 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +5,206
    Absolutely. If you install it via the Stylish extension, you can activate/deactivate the theme by clicking the Stylish extension, Installed, then "Deactivate" and it'll deactivate instantly, without a page refresh.
    The Userscript style can be enabled/disabled the same way other scripts are toggled on and off in Tampermonkey/Greasemonkey (toggling userscripts will require a page refresh before the theme is deactivated/reactivated). Hope this makes sense!

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  4. WildFlower

WildFlower Survey Slinger FF Champion II

Ratings:
    +4,950
    This is fantastic! I went with the dark grey. I like the dark blue a ton, but think maybe the orange accents might pop better for me. Gonna test both and see. I remember you posting this before, and meant to make the switch at the changeover and just forgot. But there is so much whitespace on the worker site and I have migraines, so this is absolutely wonderful and much needed. Thanks so much for sharing it.

• Love Love x 1
  5. Trickydude24

Ratings:
    +5,206
    Thank you! I'm so glad you and others are liking them. You're not the first person to say that you like both and can't decide haha. And I totally understand about the migraines. That's one reason I use dark themes as well as the f.lux software. Hope you enjoy and let me know of any issues that come up!

• Love Love x 1
  6. TheRevolutionHasBegun

TheRevolutionHasBegun Active Turker

Ratings:
    +95
    Been waiting for this my entire life. Thank you so much.

• Love Love x 1
  7. TheRevolutionHasBegun

TheRevolutionHasBegun Active Turker

Ratings:
    +95
    Oh, I chose the grey if you were curious. Migraines are no fun!

• Love Love x 1
  8. Trickydude24

Ratings:
    +5,206
    Wow, over 1000 downloads on the dark grey theme. I have NEVER expected it get this popular, not even 50 downloads let alone 1000! You guys rock! :ba:

I've had many people tell me that they have helped against migraines, headaches, or just the plain ugly bright-whiteness of MTurk worker. I'm right there with you, which is why I created these things in the first place. I'm so glad I was able to help those who needed an alternative.

Work has slowed on the themes as for the most part, they are pretty much set. There's a few odds and ends to clean up, but it's very usable. I'll try to put out some new theme colors over the year, but real life stuff and working on my own business takes precedence.

You may have noticed that there was a new update pushed today - I didn't realize that the qual test page was partially un-themed, making it hard to read light colored text on a white background. A couple of minutes after I was notified, I pushed out a fix, so make sure you update your themes accordingly! There were also a few other improvements as well, such as being able to differentiate between multiple listed qualifications in one HIT.

One last thing - I updated the screenshots in the OP above (click the image to see a large view!), as well as the UserStyles website as they were partially out-dated. Now you can see what the themes look like (at the time of this post) to get a clear idea of what to expect before you download. Hopefully this helps you!

Again, thank you so much for your support. If you find any issues with any of my themes, please let me know so I can fix it ASAP! :emoji_ok_hand:

• Love Love x 3
  9. Terrasita

Terrasita Active Turker

Ratings:
    +562
    Wow! Dark blue is a gorgeous theme! Love it. Thank you so much for sharing!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  10. Sunlite

Sunlite Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +7,755
    @Trickydude24 Just installed this cause the bright white is killing my eye with the infection- wake up eye feels good until I stare at the screen for hours- think you just saved me- working great- thank you! [​IMG]

• Love Love x 1
  11. Trickydude24

Ratings:
    +5,206
    New Version!
    v 0.13-BETA - Whitelisted the new MTurk payment pages so the theme is applied to these new pages as well. Also skipped a few version numbers on the dark blue theme so the version # matches the dark grey theme, making versioning consistent across theme options.

Enjoy! <3

PS - Worth noting, if you've installed these script through the userstyles (Tampermonkey/Greasemonkey, but NOT the Stylus browser extension) the global blacklist that @ChrisTurk posted about (https://forum.turkerview.com/thread...on-mturks-bank-account-management-pages.2825/) prevents this theme from running on those new pages - you'll have to either whitelist the payment pages, install the script through the Stylus browser extension, or just ignore the fact that the payment pages won't be themed through the userstyles version. Hope this clears any confusion up!

• Like Like x 2
    • Today I Learned Today I Learned x 2
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
  12. ceedj

ceedj Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +6,020
    Really excellent work; I use Stylish to "fix" a number of other poorly styled sites (Slack, MS Online, etc), so this was ez-pz to install, looks awesome, thanks for sharing! :)

• Love Love x 1