Mturk Worker Userscripts

Discussion in 'mTurk Scripts & Resources' started by Kadauchi, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Kadauchi

Kadauchi Administrator Former MTG MotM

Ratings:
    +8,589
    Purchases tend to be more money that donations.

2. gman42

gman42 New Turker

Ratings:
    +3
    Hi all, great thread, lots of good info.

One question: on the old site I used the two mmmturkeybacon scripts to calculate both pending earnings as well as "approved (pending payment)" earnings. Is there any equivalent right now? HITdb isn't really a solution for me since I work on different computers at different times. I found it really useful to be able to refresh those two controls anytime and get a snapshot of what I had coming in.

3. Kadauchi

Ratings:
    +8,589
    There is not.

4. Totally Not Salem

Totally Not Salem Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +5,034
    Unless the Worker site has changed anything else that might've broken it, my monkey patch script fixes Hit Finder Beta as well as any other script that breaks when hit_requirements turns up undefined as a result of Worker changing it to project_requirements:
    https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/36308-monkey-patch-the-worker-data-changes
    Any simple script-breaking variable name changes will be added the same monkey patch.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2017
  5. Nomad

Nomad New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    New to this forum but turking since August 2012. This forum was mentioned frequently in Discord where I ended up after mturkforum. I've been using Mturk Suite for almost a year, but don't like the look of HitFinder. I miss the colors which seemed much easier to read. I downloaded Hit Scraper but can't get it to work. Someone at Discord mentioned Forker, but I can't get that to work either. Does Forker only work in Chrome? I have HitFinder up in Chrome because I like the logged hits feature and thought I would run something else in Firefox. Any suggestions?

6. Kadauchi

Ratings:
    +8,589
    HF on MTS isn't done yet. I don't know what forker is.

• LOL LOL x 2
  7. slothbear

slothbear Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +22,069
    It's someone's customized version of hit finder that's been going around.

• Like Like x 1
  8. gman42

gman42 New Turker

Ratings:
    +3
    How feasible would it be for a script to place the HIT search bar on all the various worker pages (similar to the way the Queue Header Link script places a link to your queue there all the time)?

9. Kadauchi

Ratings:
    +8,589
    Its something that I plan on doing eventually, but later rather than sooner.

10. jessers

jessers Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +44,726
  11. Turker2013

Turker2013 New Turker

Ratings:
    +5
    What WWW scripts do people miss that they want to see work on the WORKER site? Consider this a hypothetical and not an intention to have said scripts made. Some of the scripts that I had up on greasyfork are in the process of being redone. One of the scripts unique to WORKER is to make the titles (and requester names) fit instead of being cut off. https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/36951-maketitlesfit

12. Totally Not Salem

Ratings:
    +5,034
    I got it to look like this by loading the page maximized at 100% zoom in 1080p, then sizing down the window:

[​IMG]

React says:

YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS MUTATIONOBSERVERS

13. Turker2013

Turker2013 New Turker

Ratings:
    +5
    Zooming does cause issues, but at 100% or smaller, it should be fine. However, if you do zoom, just refresh and it may or may not be okay depending on the zoom level.

14. Totally Not Salem

Ratings:
    +5,034
    No, I didn't have to zoom to break it. I just opened the window with a large viewport and then shrunk the window space.

15. Turker2013

Turker2013 New Turker

Ratings:
    +5
    Did you try refreshing after shrinking the window space? Trying to replicate.

16. Totally Not Salem

Ratings:
    +5,034
    Right. Refreshing after fixing fixes it. It's React changing (or in this case, not changing) the height of the row. That's why I said "You require more MutationObservers."

(Worker needing MutationObsevers is basically a meme right now, regardless of whether or not you actually need them specifically for this.)

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  17. Totally Not Salem

Ratings:
    +5,034
    Here, adding this (basically your code without jQuery, but in an event listener listening for resize events) fixes the issue:

PHP:
    window.addEventListener("resize"=> {

let allTitles document.querySelectorAll("span.project-name-column.text-truncate, span.requester-column.text-truncate");
        for(
    let title of allTitles) {
            if(
    title.parentElement.clientHeight title.clientHeight) {

title.parentElement.style.height = `${title.clientHeight}px`;
            }
        }
    });
    You might want to convert it to the jQuery equivalent to keep it stylistically equivalent.

Since I'm not a professional web developer who needs to polyfill IE6 compatibility, I have the luxury of being able to avoid jQuery wherever possible.

18. Turker2013

Turker2013 New Turker

Ratings:
    +5
    If I add that to the script (or separate script), do you want me to credit you with a comment where the code is? If so, how should I do the crediting? Credit: Totally Not , @ TurkerHub

19. Totally Not Salem

Ratings:
    +5,034
    You can if you want, but it's no big deal. It's basically just your short script inside of an event listener.

20. Turker2013

Turker2013 New Turker

Ratings:
    +5
    It's not working in certain browsers that I'm testing it in.