Rundown on Batches?

Discussion in 'Help & Guides' started by Tia Diggs, Feb 23, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Tia Diggs

Tia Diggs Turker

Ratings:
    +85
    Hey folks! I'm new to the Turk nation (been turking for 3 weeks) and just recently heard about batches. It has been vague comments about them but folks seem to prefer doing them over other tasks.

What are batches??? How can you spot a good batch? What are "5s"? I feel like a novice but I'm trying to understand all that I can as quickly as I can to start making extra money more efficiently with my time. I'm basically trying to get the rundown on what batches are and why they are more preferred than other tasks.

• Like Like x 1
  2. CorvusSapiens

CorvusSapiens Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +9,895
    A batch is a set of similar tasks that are grouped together. You can complete one and check the "accept next" box at the top of the page, then when you submit, the next hit in the group will load and you can continue completing more hits from the same group.

Example of a batch by the requester Scoutit ( don't work on these they're terrible)
    upload_2018-2-23_10-52-32.png

At the top I underlined the number of hits available. If you did work on these, you could complete multiple hits from this group until that number went down to 0 or you hit your cap for the day.

People like batches because you can get into a groove working on the same task instead of looking for a bunch of 1 time hits. Some batches are better than others. They are not universally good.

5s is OCMP5. They're a requester that puts out batch hits. They have a qual that is occasionally given out from qual hits.

• Like Like x 4
    • Today I Learned Today I Learned x 2
  3. Tia Diggs

Tia Diggs Turker

Ratings:
    +85

This was really helpful! Thank you!

4. texastrouble

texastrouble New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
    yes super helpful. i have been trying to grab a big batch but haven't yet snagged one. (I hate Pinterest now more than ever as they have royally jacked with my Return ratings.) but alas, I'll live.

5. oldtimeturker

oldtimeturker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +4,095
    Don't worry about return ratings. They're 99% useless

• Like Like x 1