Making The Best of Your First Impression!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ChrisTurk, Dec 8, 2016.

1. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    Whether you're a new Turker, wide eyed and bushy tailed to hop on the best batches, or a grizzled vet who has seen more Brelig pay drops than you can remember we're happy you've joined TurkerHub :)

In order to make the best of your first impression here there are a few simple things you may want to include in your post:

1. An Avatar - Nothing says hello like a smiling face, and while you're welcome to take a quick selfie really anything that represents you and your personality will be the perfect addition to an introduction post :) Usernames can be really hard to remember without a picture (face) to attach them to, and some of us are old / forgetful so help us get to know you!
    2. You - Drop a few cool details about your life / goals in your post. Most folks here making good money on Turk started like everyone else, tirelessly working away on HITs trying to learn the ropes and if we have a better idea of your goals/time commitments you'll have a much better experience.
    That's it. Pretty simple :) Soon you'll be surrounded by tons of Turkers all chanting "One of us! One of us!" - just don't drink the Kool-Aid!

• Like x 21
    • Today I Learned x 4
    • Love x 2
    • LOL x 1
    • Yikes x 1
  2. sparkle73

sparkle73 New Turker

Ratings:
    +14
    Excellent details

• Love Love x 1
  3. Jessica Post

Jessica Post New Turker

Ratings:
    +9
    My name is Jessica, not really sure what to do at this point but I do know that I want to make some money.

• Like Like x 7
    • Love Love x 2
  4. Virginia Carlton

Virginia Carlton New Turker

Ratings:
    +2
    Hi everyone, glad that I found somewhere to find ideas to help me with Mturk. hope to get to chat with all of you at some point.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Celtic Lady

Celtic Lady Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +5,319
    It's a good idea to start your own introduction thread in this section of the forum. That way we can give you a more personalized welcome and answer questions you may have :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  6. Rod

Rod New Turker

Ratings:
    +8
    Hey everybody, I work full-time, but job security being what it is I'm trying to set-up a back-up plan. I know I won't get rich,but every little bit help's.

• Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 1
  7. Momof1

Momof1 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +5,909
    Welcome rod!

8. margarita

margarita Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +4,190
    Hi everyone! I just read about Turkerhub on Reddit and thought it would be a great place to chat with others and maybe get some tips on how to increase earnings. I stay at home so this is just a way to get some extra cash!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Momof1

Momof1 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +5,909
    @ChrisTurk I notice there is a badge for welcome wagon. I welcome all the time so how do I get one? You know I LOVE badges!

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  10. Sheol

Sheol Turker

Ratings:
    +87
    Hmm. You might be onto something there.
    @ChrisTurk

• Like Like x 1
  11. Celtic Lady

Ratings:
    +5,319
    Welcome to The Hub :)

It would be great if you start your own thread so we all can welcome you officially :)

• Love Love x 1
  12. TurkWorkerinOH

TurkWorkerinOH New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
    hi - Thanks for the warm welcome. Been doing Turk work a couple years now. Hoping to learn a few tricks. Would especially like to know how to stay away from researchers who mis-treat workers (low pay, slow pay, rejection for no valid reason).

13. Celtic Lady

Ratings:
    +5,319
    Welcome to The Hub. You can get better insight into requesters by using TurkerView and hanging out in the daily thread. Join us in the daily thread and feel free to ask any questions you have there.

14. Lasundra mccoy

Lasundra mccoy New Turker

Ratings:
    +1
    hi my name is Lasundra,and i would like to learn more about turking.

15. Tia Diggs

Tia Diggs Turker

Ratings:
    +85
    Hey everybody! I've been turking for a little over 2 weeks and just found this forum to join.I'm trying to learn better ways to earn more money faster. I'm turking for a lot... debt, bills, savings, rainy day. I'm a mom of 3 (and a half) and a full-time worker so this helps to earn extra cash on the side without having to be out of the house and away from my family.

• Love Love x 1
  16. Tripsa

Tripsa ┴ɹᴉdsɐ

Ratings:
    +30,588
    Hello welcome to TurkerHub, Come join us in the daily threads, feel free to ask questions there and one of us will reply to your questions.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Lasundra mccoy

Lasundra mccoy New Turker

Ratings:
    +1
    thank you

• Love Love x 1
  18. marcusdavvid

marcusdavvid Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +5,187
    Looks excellent :emoji_thumbsup:

19. leo95

leo95 New Turker

Ratings:
    +3
    Hi, this is Hamza a computer science student, my goal was to save for fees of my upcoming tuition fees so I started looking for job few months ago even with my best efforts couldn't find a decent job, then I started turking and it was very good experience, heard a lot of good things about TurkerHub, just joined it hoping to learn more and improve myself, I hope I'll get guidance from my experienced fellows, really enthusiastic about this experience!

20. MechaTurk

MechaTurk Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +5,980
    Hi, All! I've heard of this forum for a while now and just never got around to signing up. I've been turking for a couple of years now in my spare time, just to earn a little extra to treat the fam to an occasional outing. I'm looking forward getting to know you, and taking part in what looks to be a stellar community! :emoji_relaxed:

• Like Like x 1