[Script] Worker.mturk Overwatch Script

Discussion in 'mTurk Scripts & Resources' started by Ethraiel, Nov 21, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Ethraiel

Ethraiel Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,480
    A script for watching requesters on AMT.
    Link to script (and more detailed description):
    https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/24464-overwatch-for-worker-mturk

-----------------------
    Quick Pointers
    -----------------------
    To load the script
    1.Login to the worker site (This is different than the regular mturk site, you must be logged into both for OW to function properly)
    2.Go to https://worker.mturk.com/overwatch
    (the script will only run on that url)

To start the script
    1.Click the "start" button (it will change text to "running" and turn green)
    2.To stop the script, click the same button

To import from HM (repeat steps 2 and 3 for OW exports)
    1.Get the HM export copied to your clipboard
    2.Paste the export into the text bar that's in the upper right portion of the screen.
    3.Click import at the bottom left of the screen

Settings Menu
    [​IMG]
    Confimation to remove watchers that have been made red
    [​IMG]
    extra info is added when certain settings are enabled
    [​IMG]

v 1.00.04 pictured below, some minor changes but screenshots still display the relevant info just expect minor differences in UI
    Using the arrow button on the bottom of the screen, the view can be focused on either of the two main windows.
    [​IMG]

Regular HITs shown from RID based watchers.
    [​IMG]

GID based watchers display a blue/green HIT box. (also the nameBool option is shown enabled)
    [​IMG]

Search String based watchers (either by HIT title or requester name) display a slightly off color HIT box
    [​IMG]

An up to date tutorial for OW is here

You can contact me here if you have any trouble/questions/concerns/tips/suggestions

• Love Love x 4
    • Today I Learned Today I Learned x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  2. 11010001

11010001 Turker

Ratings:
    +152
    Does this work with any search term like HM or does it only work for requesters?

3. Ethraiel

Ratings:
    +1,480
    It will match partial requester names and partial HIT titles. HM did descriptions also, but this wont.

4. tomservo1425

tomservo1425 Active Turker

Ratings:
    +394
    Neat, I was looking for something that worked similarly to this. Will play with this tomorrow and see how it works out. Thanks!

Many kudos for you're explanation of the code as well.

• Love Love x 1
  5. angel

angel Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +28,535
    Script isn't working or rather the overwatch page isn't. When I go to https://worker.mturk.com/overwatch I see a 404 error page for a second then main page comes up like normal with my watch list on left but when I press start get a message that I'm not logged in (I am).

6. tomservo1425

Ratings:
    +394
    Did you try opening up a new page of worker.mturk.com and refreshing the overwatch page?

Didn't get time to play with it today, but checking just now I got the not logged in error and followed the directions given in the sidebar of overwatch.

E: more kudos for clear error instructions

• Like Like x 1
  7. angel

angel Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +28,535
    yes but I'll try again since it's been awhile now

8. angel

angel Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +28,535
    worked this time, thanks

• Like Like x 2
  9. Ethraiel

Ratings:
    +1,480
    @tomservo1425 Thanks for your kind words and helping out with questions :)
    @angel if it keeps happening let me know... The last update was meant to address (at least mostly) the logged out message appearing when it's not supposed to. It's a big pain in the backend :p so all the eyes i have looking for bugs with it helps :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. angel

angel Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +28,535
    working for now will update if that changes.....really liking it so far

• Like Like x 1
  11. Randomacts

Randomacts Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +124,073
    It would be pretty nice if you could get it to ping our phones somehow. (not pushbullet... they charge $5/mo after X number of pushes or something like that)

• Like Like x 2
  12. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    For a temp fix (or perhaps long term? it is a bit ghetto)

I am using soundwire to push the sound from my desktop to my phone.. it pretty much does what I need.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.georgie.SoundWireFree&hl=en

..I do still need to run to my desktop if I hear an alert but this allows me to cook and be able to hear when batches go up so I can start pandaing.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ethraiel

Ratings:
    +1,480
    edit: woops wrong reply, sorry @angel
    So i was looking into this for the past few days and there's no easy way for me to do it. FF has some sort of SMS API built in but chrome doesn't. I could try to do some kind of email to your phone number, but then i have to worry which provider everyone is using... The script does have desktop notifications, i looked into how to make those pop up on a phone, but mostly it was the opposite (making phone notifications appear on the desktop), so for now your best bet is what you're doing :( im sorry.
    For full disclosure i dont have a phone, so my google-fu and general knowledge of apps and device connection is probably not quite up to par, but if someone knows how to do this or can give me a decent place to start (free and not spammy API or some kind of work around) I'll definitely look into adding it.

14. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    You don't have a phone..

Anyways as far as APIs go.. the only one off the top of my head would be pushbullet but the problem with that is you are limited to 500 API based pushes per a month unless you pay for pro. ($5/mo)

@Kadauchi prob would have an idea if anything else exists but he ended up on pushbullet for hit finder I believe so the other options are likely not very good. Either that or he just likes pushbullet.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Kadauchi

Kadauchi Administrator Former MTG MotM

Ratings:
    +8,589
    Pushbullet was the best option I found. Any of the free email options have a limit as well, but also eat up people's text messages (not everyone has unlimited).

IMO: There really isn't a reason you wouldn't really need 500+ messages to a phone which is another reason I chose Pushbullet. If you're at your computer you don't need it, nor do you need it for every little thing you watch.

• Like Like x 1
    • Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  16. tomservo1425

Ratings:
    +394
    Minor suggestion:

In the event that Overwatch cannot reach Amazon it spams "overwatch has been halted , more words" and beeps, would it be feasible to have it either halt or fail silently after a few attempts when that happens?

17. Ethraiel

Ratings:
    +1,480
    When you say spam im guessing you mean more than the one that's supposed to pop up :p (what you said about alert once then either stop or fail silently is what it's supposed to do)
    If it happens again open up your console and PM me what you see. Im working on dealing with PREs (because @rdaneel likes to scrape at 0 milliseconds :p) but i didn't touch them in the last update so it very well could have been that (status 429)... if not, it's a new one which is exciting too :D
    How often has that happened?

18. tomservo1425

Ratings:
    +394
    Will do, by spam i mean once every I think 20-30 seconds a beep and a new message. I'll try and remember to grab the console when it does it next.

I've only had it happen once that I've been present for.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    Is this what it looks like for you?
    [​IMG]

What I think might be neat is if we could have a popup like panda crazy does so it is more clear that everything is working perfectly and logged in ect. Support for exporting to the forum as well would be nice to see as well.

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  20. tomservo1425

Ratings:
    +394
    yea, that's what it was. Funny I tried to recreate it earlier by disabling my connection and it didn't spam so iunno.

I could do without notification popups personally TBH