[Script] MTURK ENGINE FUNDAMENTALS????

Discussion in 'mTurk Scripts & Resources' started by SUZYWAN72, Aug 3, 2018.

1. SUZYWAN72

SUZYWAN72 Active Turker

Ratings:
    +119
    Could someone give me the basic dynamics of all it does for me? So far I backed up my settings etc what I need to know is what is a watcher and what happens when I send a requester there? Is it possible to do more than one hit at a time? I'm confused[​IMG]

SUZYWAN72

2. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    Very few people here use that tool. Most go w/ MTS or HIT Forker & Panda Crazy idk if anyone here can really answer your questions about it tbh :(

3. GucciCthulhu

GucciCthulhu Active Turker

Ratings:
    +982
    I started using mturk engine earlier this week. The watcher list is for a particular HIT you want to grab up later if you missed it the first time it popped up during your normal search. When you send a requester's HIT there mturk engine searches it every 5 seconds by default, you can increase the amount of time between searches if it's causing pre's (page request errors) or making the orange error message pop up on the engine page which cancels the search. Yes you can do more than one HIT at a time, you can even organize them into different folders. When you add a HIT to the watcher list you get two messages at the top right of the screen, an orange one to add the HIT to the watcher list and a blue one to start the search for the HIT while it's on the watcher list, if you miss the blue message you can just start it manually from the watcher tab/list of course.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
  4. SUZYWAN72

SUZYWAN72 Active Turker

Ratings:
    +119
    OMG TY ! You are awesome...I like it so far panda makes me have to medicate b4 I get started lol

SUZYWAN72

5. SUZYWAN72

SUZYWAN72 Active Turker

Ratings:
    +119
    Ty Chris for acknowledging me tho...I appreciate and I'm open to suggestions always but panda makes ME crazier lol jk

SUZYWAN72

6. GucciCthulhu

GucciCthulhu Active Turker

Ratings:
    +982
    No problem! I am austere about how many scripts I use and Mturk Engine puts a few of them into one page.
    You might not like this but you should still be using Panda Crazy with helper, it's good for grabbing up batches or grabbing work from the forums, and a bit more reliable because it doesn't cancel your searches if it hits a pre. However, if you're only working to make a few bucks a day I wouldn't worry about Panda Crazy, Mturk Engine is all that you'd need.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
  7. SUZYWAN72

SUZYWAN72 Active Turker

Ratings:
    +119
    Thst was THE BEST advice I e been blessed with , in 2 years, omg ty from my very soul! Yes mam I've been trying to get a stronghold on this thing for almost 2 years, I'm disabled, so yeah I need to get this thang and help my awesome husband support us! I need to put purpose into it lol, I will study panda etc, I'll take my time , what ever it takes, the alarms trigger PTSD etc, but I know how to turn them off we will start from there...ty so very much! In truly grateful til be in this Turkey club lol...God bless

SUZYWAN72

• Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1