[Please Help!] So, i have about 300$...

Discussion in 'Help & Guides' started by Mario Brigato, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Mario Brigato

Mario Brigato New Turker

Ratings:
    +8
    ... Not bad, after a month or so of "casual" turking (i spend there 2-3 hours a day, and honestly i have quite a lot of fun doing that. Turking is damn addictive). Problem is, don't know how to "monetize" them as a european turker. I asked on Reddit but i received mostly condradicting (and a little bit rude) informations..So, which is the best way? PSN? Amazon gift cards? Any serious and useful help would be greatly appreciated...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Randomacts

Randomacts Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +124,073
    You have to sell your gift card money on places like https://www.reddit.com/r/giftcardexchange/ or some shit like that. You will want to ask around from people that actually do that because basically all of us here just move shit to our bank account.

@leafs4_cup might do the gift card thing? He is Canadian but I can't remember if he has a US account or not.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
  3. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    Yeah as far as I know the most popular method is to just eat the 15% loss & sell the credit on purse.io by buying an item off someone elses wishlist & then getting BTC in return. It sucks because you lose a huge chunk of the overall value but its the ONLY way for non-US account holders to get cash (outside of a few legacy Indian accounts I believe). India is the only non-US country to ever get bank withdrawals and IIRC even that has been discontinued (could be wrong here, I truthfully am not up to date on this info) but I do know anyone not from the US is definitely converting through some third party service.

If you were canadian you could do the cross-border pickup of goods or shipping but from a European country the credit ONLY applies to your US amazon.com account so shipping it is probably more expensive than just eating the loss on purse.io

• Like Like x 3
  4. Mario Brigato

Mario Brigato New Turker

Ratings:
    +8
    I really can't understand why they won't allow to transfer the earnings to a non US Amazon account. I mean, 300 dollars are not that much, but losing a 10/15% is still annoying. It's quite a dumb system, i say...

• Love Love x 1
  5. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    Amazon is pretty well known for squaring off w/ other countries over tax laws & such.

Generally it has nothing to do w/ MTurk, its just a larger umbrella policy from Amazon that prevents them from offering payment account functions to other areas. Even some US states get boned by not being able to work on certain Amazon related HITs lol.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Girl Polar Bear

Girl Polar Bear Queen of the North

Ratings:
    +45,742
    TAX

• Like Like x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  7. THFYM

THFYM Survey Slinger Former MTG MotM

Ratings:
    +23,050
    MA TAXES

• LOL LOL x 1
  8. Patricia Houston

Patricia Houston New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
    How did you make this much. I turk all day and only make 10 dollars I have the scripts so what is your secret

9. DigitalDenizen

DigitalDenizen Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +2,044
    States like poor old SD :(

10. Luis Alves

Luis Alves Active Turker

Ratings:
    +125
    Sorry to revive this old thread, but I have to ask... Has anyone ever used sites like Gameflip to sell gift cards? I can't use https://www.reddit.com/r/giftcardexchange/ because I'm not really active on Reddit, and am looking for an alternative where I don't have to fiddle with bitcoin... :p