Happy to be here!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by czescwitamy, Oct 10, 2018.

1. czescwitamy

czescwitamy New Turker

Ratings:
    +5
    Hello everyone!

Well. I don't really know how to introduce myself but here it goes. 3 Weeks ago I quit my job. I could not take it anymore. It was a customer service job and I was sick of working in an office, sick of talking to ignorant aholes and sick of office politics and having someone look over my shoulder. I definitely was following my emotions more than my brain BUT I'm so glad I did it. I have never been happier. Now I am working on a few different ways to make money but they will take some time. SO, I am here to learn. I want to dig through this forum and try things until I am able to hit a daily goal that will sustain me while I pursue other ways to make money.
    I need to average $35 a day every single day. No days off. The past few days I have been averaging $25 so I am close but I basically just woke up at 6am and turned on HIT Finder to look for surveys and when I heard a beep I just grabbed what I could hold onto. Most HIT's are taken so fast. If I could grab them I would be able to hit my number quicker. I also want to try batches because I have mainly been doing surveys. Also I want to learn about work flow and using split screens/keyboard shortcuts to do surveys or batches quickly. Sometimes I have had to return surveys because I could not finish in time.

So, here is my goal. $35 average a day and to be able to accomplish this in about 6 hours instead of being chained to my desk for like 14 hours which I'm doing now.

This site looks awesome and I am super pumped to be here. :)

Thanks all!

• Like Like x 3
  2. TurkedOut

TurkedOut Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +14,450
    Welcome. With time and experience it will become easier to hit your goals. Come check out the daily threads for tons of hits posted and feel free to ask questions in there for help.

• Like Like x 1
  3. WimpLo

WimpLo Survey Slingin' Batch Masta Former MTG MotM

Ratings:
    +73,160
    Welcome to the Hub! :wave:

I see you talk about grabbing surveys, are you using something like Panda Crazy to panda some of the better looking ones?

• Like Like x 1
  4. CorvusSapiens

CorvusSapiens Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +9,895
    [​IMG]

Welcome!
    I see you mentioned Hit Finder so you're off to a good start. If you haven't already you should be sure to experiment with Hit Catcher which is also built into MturkSuite. It auto refreshes an "accept" link to try to catch hits. You'll see us frequently refer to that as a "panda" for now outdated reasons. Try to keep the number of pandas you run at once to about 5 max.

You might also try installing the tampermonkey extension which allows you to install and manage smaller scripts that do various things. Some scripts are other options to do basically what parts of MTurkSuite do, others are hit specific scripts or create keybinds for completing certain types of hits.

Be sure to check out the Daily Thread. That's the busiest part of the forum. Don't be afraid to ask questions.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Buntastic

Buntastic Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +23,740
    Welcome fellow rabbit! It is a doable goal, and with practice and adjusting your work flow, you can get there. The daily is a great source for hits and ways to improve your efficiency.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. TurkedOut

TurkedOut Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +14,450

Oh great you all are multiplying like......Well like rabbits.

7. Buntastic

Buntastic Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +23,740
    :eyebrows: The Bunny Takeover. Soon™

8. czescwitamy

czescwitamy New Turker

Ratings:
    +5
    Aww I feel welcomed lol. Thanks everyone!!

9. czescwitamy

czescwitamy New Turker

Ratings:
    +5
    Panda is on my to-do list tonight to experiment with. :) But no I haven't used it yet.

• Like Like x 1
  10. TurkedOut

TurkedOut Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +14,450
    [​IMG]

Don't worry I'm sure I've got a holy hand grenade around here somewhere.

• Love Love x 1
  11. czescwitamy

czescwitamy New Turker

Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks for the advice! What is the reason for the 5 panda limit? Does it screw up if I overload it?

12. SmokedKipper

SmokedKipper Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +2,207
    Welcome to the Forums.

• Like Like x 1
  13. CorvusSapiens

CorvusSapiens Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +9,895
    Hit Catcher (and Panda Crazy, a stand alone script used for the same thing) works by searching one hit at a time on a timer. If you have say a 1 second timer, it will search for the first hit on your list then 1 second later it will search for the second hit then 1 second later it searches for the third hit and so on. The fewer you have running the more frequently each individual hit gets searched and the more likely you are to catch it. The more you have running the more spread out the searches are. If you have say 20 pandas running at once, it will take 20 seconds to get back around to searching the first hit again. 5 isn't a hard rule. It's a rough guideline to keep it as efficient as possible. I definitely wouldn't go over 10 pandas on at once and I generally try to keep myself to 3-5.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sunlite

Sunlite Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +7,755
    • Like Like x 1