The all-purpose UNU thread...

Discussion in 'Requesters' started by MyLegIsFine, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Girl Polar Bear

Girl Polar Bear Queen of the North

Ratings:
    +45,742
    This one is easy to pick!

• Like Like x 1
  2. MyLegIsFine

MyLegIsFine Unanimous A.I.

Ratings:
    +1,474
    Hi everyone! Starting today, there's a new way that you MUST use to join our swarms. This is a needed change for reasons that are longwinded and not super important to what we do with Turk swarms.

This is a permanent change, however, and isn't going away. You're welcome to tell me you don't like this new method, but it is likely to have the same effect as telling your dog to stay off the couch, or yelling at clouds to stop being so fluffy. :)

1. Starting today, when you click on the link to join a swarm in one of our HITs, this is what you're going to see:

[​IMG]

From here, there are two things you can do:

A: You can enter the six-digit entry code given in the HIT. If you do that, the system will prompt you for a temporary username. You can enter any username you like; if you enter a username that's already in use, when you join the swarm you'll see that your username has had some extra alphanumeric character added to the end to make it unique. Bingo. You're in!

B: You can click "Sign In" if you have an existing username you want to use. You'll be prompted to enter that username and password. You can also tell the system to remember you, and in most cases it will for future swarms. Then, the system will ask you to enter the six-digit entry code and boom, you're in the swarm with your existing username.

C: Once you're signed in with an existing username and if you've asked the system to remember you, in most cases the link in the HIT may simply take you to a page that says "Welcome [Username]! And then it will prompt you for that six-digit entry code from the HIT instructions. Enter that and you're into the swarm.

D: IF you disconnect accidentally during the swarm, use the link from the HIT. It should remember you, and should let you right back (You may have to click a thing that says "Join this swarm".) If you're again prompted for the six-digit code, use it again, and even if you joined with a temporary name in step A, it will remember that and bring you in.

2. As you can see, that six-digit entry code is SUPER IMPORTANT. It will be given in each one of our HITs going forward. As long as you have that code, you can get into the swarm.

3. The entry code will change for each swarm. They're temporary and expire after the swarm concludes.

4. You don't need to type the "-" in the entry codes. You can type the six digits and our system will stick the " - " in the middle automatically.

5. It's more important than ever that you pay attention to your username in the Swarm, whether it's your normal regular username, or a temporary one. Make sure when you submit your HITs to us that you're using the Username that was displayed for that particular session.

You can feel free to hit me up directly at chris at unanimousai.com if you have any issues joining our swarm. That's the fastest way to reach me, faster than contacting me through AMT. I'm typically watching this board and my email constantly before a swarm starts, so I'll be able to get back to you ASAP to help you join if you're having issues.

Thanks y'all!

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 14
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  3. GoldGuardian

GoldGuardian Black Order

Ratings:
    +16,743
  4. MyLegIsFine

Ratings:
    +1,474
    Hi all! I hope this is a good place to put this. Some MLB swarm updates for you:

1. We should have, by next week or early the week after, a way to create our MLB leaderboards for everyone in our swarms to peruse every week. That will also correspond with us catching up on bonuses and prizes from the last three weeks.

2. We are also introducing a NEW, ADDITIONAL bonus. And that's the main part of this.

In the past, when we've asked the swarm to consider a hypothetical, virtual dollar bet on each prediction in MLB, it's been the same as all our other swarms in goal: try to make the most dollars overall...without really worrying about losses. That system, obviously really encourages the swarm to bet big, because it rewards big bets, without really penalizing us for being wrong.

But here's the thing: our new dynamic individual survey -- whether we noticed or not -- no longer measures just gross dollar amount earned. The way you drag that slider to each end of the range to set your individual virtual bet amount? Yeah, that creates a system where the high scorers each week are actually scoring the highest Return On Investment (ROI).

And so we need to make our swarm question on that confidence match that, if we can. So starting with tomorrow's swarm, we're introducing this new -- additional -- group bonus. IF the swarm achieves an ROI of higher than 20%, every participant earns an extra $2 bonus, to be paid during that week.

To achieve that, it'll be important for the swarm to maybe change betting behavior a little. To achieve an ROI of 20%, it'll mean that the swarm for MLB will still have to bet high on games that a lot of participants are confident in. But also there will be a need to bet small on close games, or games where people feel like they don't have enough info to go big.

Sorry for the long post! We're working out the exact verbiage to be more concise in the HIT and swarm instructions tomorrow, but that's the general gist of things!

• 5/5 Pay 5/5 Pay x 2
    • Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  5. A6_Foul_Out

A6_Foul_Out Organic Meme Panda TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +23,954
    @MyLegIsFine

I'm gonna throw this out there, don't think it got a response last time.

It would be nice to have the option to take the survey for a swarm that you weren't able to catch to keep the double in play for the following week.

Seems a bit odd that repeat participation is rewarded, but even those actively trying to repeat their participation can't assuredly do so every time.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Eisenpower

Eisenpower Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +11,870
    Yep. I pretty much gave up on these as I end up empty-handed most of the time.

7. MyLegIsFine

Ratings:
    +1,474
    nm, found what we were looking for!

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019