Support our HIT on decision making

Discussion in 'Requesters' started by JonasG, Nov 6, 2018.

1. JonasG

JonasG New Turker

Ratings:
    +11
    EDIT: Updated time slots

Dear all,

We are two PhD students and currently work on a study that we want to conduct on AMT. We already ran some sessions and some of you already participated. A part of our study involves interactive decision-making and we were caught off guard that a substantial amount of workers would accept our HIT but not start to work on our task (despite our information in the title and the description). Since the interactive part of our study requires a specific amount of people to start, we decided to promote our HIT here and in other forums by announcing future sessions.

We will open the HIT at the following time slots for today (future time slots will be announced in this thread):
    • Wednesday, May 8th at 01:00 pm (EST)
    • Wednesday, May 8th at 03:00 pm (EST)
    • Wednesday, May 8th at 04:30 pm (EST)
    • Wednesday, May 8th at 06:30 pm (EST)

• Thursday, May 9th at 01:00 pm (EST)
    • Thursday, May 9th at 03:00 pm (EST)
    • Thursday, May 9th at 04:30 pm (EST)
    • Thursday, May 9th at 06:30 pm (EST)

Our Requester ID is: AFXMWXWHYYSUJ.

If you are available at one of these time slots, please consider to accept our HIT and work without delay and interruption on it. Please note, that you can only accept the HIT once. Participation will approximately take 40 minutes and is rewarded with an average payoff of $ 5.40.

You will find the HIT at the announced time slots under the title: “Earn $ 5.40 (on average): Study on decision making - please work WITHOUT delay and interruption (approx. 40 minutes)”

Thanks a lot for your support in advance and do not hesitate do contact us if you have any questions.

Best

Ann-Kathrin & Jonas

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: May 8, 2019
  2. Epictetus

Epictetus Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,108
    "Study on Decision Making" or some small variation, is a pretty common hit name. If you post your Req ID, it would be easier for us to put you on an Include List in order to get an audio notification when the hit drops.

• Like Like x 1
  3. angel

angel Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +28,535
    edit sorry wrong thread it's early

4. JonasG

JonasG New Turker

Ratings:
    +11
    Hi Epictetus

Thank you for your suggestion. I will check with my colleague how we can make it so you find us more easily. See you soon.

Best
    Jonas

EDIT: Is this the Req ID you mentioned: [AFXMWXWHYYSUJ] ?

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  5. JonasG

JonasG New Turker

Ratings:
    +11
    The HIT is online! Please Join :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. BluAngel

BluAngel Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,046
    I don't see it. Do you have a link then I will join.

7. angel

angel Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +28,535
    I found it but looks like they are all gone

8. angel

angel Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +28,535
  9. JonasG

JonasG New Turker

Ratings:
    +11
    This is very strange.. why does it not show the HIT for me? The HIT should be open... again people entered very slowly

EDIT: We will open more slots for the next session... it seems that there is a difference between the amount of workers who accept the HIT and those who actually end up in our program.

10. angel

angel Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +28,535
    I did get one and completed it had to PANDA it

GID 3RC5MYEBOEYZPRT5JXJQ2PD2PI5TPM

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  11. BluAngel

Ratings:
    +1,046
    Thank Angel, It is gone for me as well. I set a panda but MTS is sort of on the fritz for me right now. Perhaps if the hit was assigned to the workers you would like to participate. I know I have seen Requestors schedule things like this in the past. That is the problem with Mturk there is a whole line of people catching and releasing hits. It is all a vicious circle.

12. angel

angel Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +28,535
    Amazon its self is having issues right now as well people are having all kinds of login issues and I have had issues with payments since the weekend

13. BluAngel

Ratings:
    +1,046
    :emoji_thumbsup:Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  14. angel

angel Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +28,535
    some people absolutely refuse to do writing/typing so may be throwing it back especially after seeing the transcription material is not in English

15. BluAngel

Ratings:
    +1,046
    I have previously seen requestors send out small monetary hits to gather the interest in a certain project that would ask turkers if there is a future interest and if they are interested and available at a certain time to schedule the task. I believe they would then only allow those particular turkers inside the study. I hope this helps.

16. angel

angel Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +28,535
    reviewed the hit on TV and included the future release times so hopefully more people will see it

17. JonasG

JonasG New Turker

Ratings:
    +11
    We are very inexperienced with MTurk. So the problem seems to be that people accept the HIT but return it and this does not open another slot for a new worker? Then we might just increase the number of slots alot and hope that this works then? It is really bad for our workers that so few can join since the game takes long to start :(

• Like Like x 1
  18. angel

angel Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +28,535
    always assume more people will except the hit then will do it. This happens for a number of reasons the one I stated above and also because people use scripts to auto except work (it is the only way most times to get anything fast enough because good work is gone in seconds) when doing this though you will occasionally find you have several things expire before you work through your que or when you get to a hit like this you see that you needed to have started it right away and so return it. For this last issue posting on here helps to let workers not only know that the hit is posting but also that they need to start it right away

• Like Like x 1
  19. angel

angel Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +28,535
    posted this to the main thread as well

20. JonasG

JonasG New Turker

Ratings:
    +11
    thank you!

• Like Like x 1