PandaCrazy Requester Search

Discussion in 'mTurk Scripts & Resources' started by oldtimeturker, Nov 9, 2018.

1. oldtimeturker

oldtimeturker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +4,095
    Did something change in the last 24 hours with search? (not Panda or once) seems to only work for some requesters. Literally worked just fine all day yesterday. Today only a select few, and only running the others to test.

2. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    Hmm, kinda depends on how you define "working fine" - its probably always going to be unreliable on anything other than requesters who have their work sit around or post enough of it to catch pieces while overcoming the inefficient setup.

PC's requester search is kinda weird. The way it works is it loads a scraper page searching only for that requester's information.. if they have HITs up & available, it basically creates a "real" panda for w/e HITs they have that meet your other criteria (I think it lets you filter by reward & such right?) - anyway, basically there is a LOT of room for error. Especially if you are running more than 2 at a time and/or running more than 3 of any combination of pandas in PC any requester worth a darn will have their work posted & gone by the time PC sees it I'd think.

So.. all that is to say the odds of variance are incredibly high w/ PC's requester search feature and its more likely just bad luck than anything changing :flail:

3. oldtimeturker

oldtimeturker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +4,095
    Hey CT. Thanks for all you do by the way. I only one 1 requester search at a time, it's literally the only requester I do, you can probably guess. It's so weird have been using the same search for months, and just now in the past 36 hours it's catching nothing, yet i can maunally (lol) accept a hit from them