$0.20/1-2 minute Screening Survey

Discussion in 'Requesters' started by Shane Whity, Jul 24, 2021.

1. Shane Whity

Shane Whity New Turker

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi everyone,

First time poster; hope this is okay to post and promote my HIT here!

I’m a researcher at the University of Toronto, and I’m interested in learning more about the utility of before and after pictures in surgery and the informed consent process.

If you work on MTurk, are 18+, and live in either Canada or the United States, please complete the survey to be considered eligible for our main survey which will likely be $5-10 reward.

This study is approved by UofT's Institutional Review Board (IRB).

Thank you!

2. Tripsa

Tripsa ก็็็็็ก็็็็็ก็็็็็ก็็็็็ก็็็็็ก็็็็็

Ratings:
    +30,599
    Hello welcome to the forum. This would be the right section for it.
    Listing the hit here incase others want to do it
    UofT Surgery
    Use of Before and After Pictures in Surgery: Screening Survey (1-2 mins; $0.20)
    36FIWAXJIE2BKSV2N6IM3CTU67RA32

Seems to be an issue with the hyperlink which directs you to an error if you click on the URL. The URL needs to be copied and pasted in order to get to the google form.

Unsure if this requester account is a shared account as the approval rating of 78% will be a turn off to some turkers.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Shane Whity

Shane Whity New Turker

Ratings:
    +1

Hi Tripsa,

Thank you for the reply and advice! To address the first point, we've had 230 accepted responses so far and ~70 or so rejections due to people submitting the wrong survey code - turns out this was related to the link not working. This doesn't seem to be an issue for all people, it seems to be related to google shortening the google forms URL. Am considering reposting the survey with the fully functional and un-shortened URL?

And now to your second point, the low rating seems to be related to us having to reject workers retaking the survey, not sure how to circumvent this, we indicated in the survey description to not repeat if they have already completed it!

Would love everyone's thoughts on this!

Best,
    Shane

Edit: We have reposted the Screening/Qual Survey with a functional and un-shortened link

Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
  4. Tripsa

Ratings:
    +30,599
    I've gone ahead and exported the new hit to our daily thread and reviewed the older hit. Made a note on the review that the requester has an active thread in this section.

As for the approval rating unless you're willing to reverse said rejections pretty much just gonna have to live with that approval rating until more approvals go through which will eventually get the approval rating to go up.

5. Tripsa

Ratings:
    +30,599
  6. Shane Whity

Shane Whity New Turker

Ratings:
    +1
    Thank you again for your help Tripsa! I have been contacted by some of the previous Turkers by mail and have given them the working link with the option to "un-reject" them and pay them their rewards upon completion. Hopefully this helps as well!

Best,
    Shane

• Love Love x 1
  7. Azazael

Azazael Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,173
    question, is this screener the same as the other one posted the other day for 14c?