03/12 - Shooty Hoops & UNU Present: Selection Sunday!

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by ChrisTurk, Mar 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Randomacts

Randomacts Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +124,073
    Well as long as it isn't just the same sound for a $1 hit as it is for a 5 cent hit I'll be able to figure it out.

2. SAJ

SAJ Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +51,479
    Title: University survey research on male sexual well-being. WARNING: This HIT may contain adult content. Worker discretion is advised. | PANDA
    Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
    Requester: Kyle Stephenson [A34BAL8ANT6ONM] (Contact)
    TO: [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A] [Reviews: 0] [ToS: 0]
    Description:
    Participation entails scheduling and completing 10-15 min phone screen, followed by 40-60 min secure online survey focusing on sexual experiences.
    Time: 504 hours
    HITs Available: 1
    Reward: $10.00
    Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 5000; Adult Content Qualification EqualTo 1;
    HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.14.9

• Nom Nom Nom! Nom Nom Nom! x 1
  3. nice dog

nice dog Active Turker

Ratings:
    +339
    You were meant to do that by hand? I thought the requester wanted to use the HIT to scout for scripters to automate other stuff later.

4. Ten

Ten Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,149
    I mean that is how I know to get to work or not.

5. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    Exactly. My thinking is to compress the information as much as possible to the minimum that you need.

Basically it is just a tuning of the signal to noise ratio by removing what isn't needed. I was against the 'attention' being read before the include list hits on hit finder for the same reason.

6. Ten

Ten Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,149
    I vote that one of the audio queues be a Spacejam Jam remix.

7. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    Hah that might be a good default but I'm sure we will be able to upload our own sound files.

8. jdzane

jdzane Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,650
    I don't think it could be accomplished by a script. I had to skim each article to see if it had the publisher, developer, dates worked on, and mentioned any people who worked on it by hand

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

9. TissueHime

TissueHime Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +2,404
    1 hour left for dibs!
    if you do call it, please tag me or else I might miss it

10. nice dog

nice dog Active Turker

Ratings:
    +339
    Oh, I might have been wrong. I figured getting the title was easy and managed to code that part, publisher and developer were similarly easy given that it always prefaced either with 'by', 'publisher [foo]' or 'developer [foo]'.

The bits at the end were worrying me though. Dates always went 'x/x/x' or 'x-x-x', so that was fine, but important people seemed difficult.

11. Melting Glacier

Melting Glacier PE: $30.01 - That's over $1.25/hour! ┬┴┤( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴

Ratings:
    +11,423
    I'm thinking that people that run all-day penny HITs (upshow, venue quality, mylikes, etc) will probably be the type to stick to PC anyway. The large amount of settings and extra features caters to that style of Turking. For someone like me that only has a few everyday pandas at most (pin $2, csats $1.15), those announcements would work well for me. I agree with your timer logic for my general style of Turking as I rarely panda batches unless it's being throttled hard or it's a trickle. When I do panda a batch, it's the only one I'm hitting. Different sounds effects for different reward amount ranges would be nice, but not necessary to me. Perhaps I still have some TurkMaster bias in me ( :p ) but I think one sfx for indefinite and a different sfx for catch once is a good way to go about it.

• Like Like x 2
  12. DigitalDenizen

DigitalDenizen Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +2,044
    I don't understand amazon. My order has been shipping today for the past three days and I ordered it on the 6th. I know it's free shipping and I shouldn't complain but I don't see how it does them any good to keep something in the warehouse for a week before shipping.

13. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    You could always contact amazon and ask wtf is up

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  14. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
  15. TissueHime

Ratings:
    +2,404
    could be they ship all free orders on one specific day, whereas the people that use same/next/2 days get priority.

16. Ten

Ten Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,149
    Normally by the time orders are packed, they are shipped that day. The belt literally takes the package to a machine that prints and slaps a label on the box.

17. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    Yeah that is why I suggested to contact amazon. The package might have fell off the belt or some shit and got lost lol

18. Ten

Ten Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,149
    Not probable, but contacting them is a good idea.

19. TissueHime

Ratings:
    +2,404
    i mean, when does it say the package will arrive? I wouldn't contact them until the day after it said it's supposed to arrive, or the night of.

20. Ten

Ten Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,149
    If it has a tracking number, and it says it is out of the warehouse I would assume that it is in the hands of the USPS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.