04/21 - Freaky Friday!

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by TissueHime, Apr 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Randomacts

Randomacts Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +124,073
    >pick up the purple book..

bruh that is not purple

2. Lil Kitchen

Lil Kitchen Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +12,419
    Okay so I have a couple questions for anyone still on. I've never used overwatch so I was checking it out and it is basically just a fancy version of what Hit Monitor was right? Also and more importantly I'm currently trying to minimize my tools down to just the essentials because as it is I cant even run pandas of more than 2 hits at once without getting a ton of page errors and this is after turning off all the scripts that supposedly cause this the most. I'm wondering how many pandas would be the norm that I should be able to run at once assuming I dont leave a bunch unnecessary shit on and if I dont do much batch work should I even bother with overwatch or will it be problematic?

3. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    overwatch runs on worker.mturk so it doesn't share the same pre pool as www and yes it is like hit monitor but a lot better.

I normally run from 3 to 10 or so pandas.. The amount doesn't give me more page refresh errors they just refresh less often.

You aren't running hit finder on the same side of mturk as your pandas ... are you?

4. Lil Kitchen

Ratings:
    +12,419
    what do you mean by "on the same side"?

5. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    worker vs www

6. Lil Kitchen

Ratings:
    +12,419
    pretend im dumb cuz i am i still dont know what you mean

7. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    Do we seriously not have a wiki page for this yet... tbh I'm to tired to explain this right now in detail but worker.mturk and the 'normal' mturk we call www don't share pre pools. so you can basically get twice amount of pings to amazon.

8. un_in

un_in Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +4,330
    ELI5 version: There are two sites, worker.mturk.com, Amazon's fancier, younger son that has an updated interface because he's hip and cool and totally 2016. The other site is www.mturk.com, Amazon's older kid, who's been through college and is tired and jaded about life. Each of them can do the same things as the other, but they are two separate entities - so worker.mturk.com can run PANDAs at the same time as www.mturk.com, even though they share a login (you use your amazon account on both).

Clear enough?

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Lil Kitchen

Ratings:
    +12,419
    oh shit yes thanks I had no idea about this thanks!

10. Lil Kitchen

Ratings:
    +12,419
    Damn this is actually a game changer for me thank you un_in and Randomacts yall have shown me the way to the moneys

11. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    by the way.. you are using either panda crazy or hit catcher for pandas right? Turkmaster is old and outdated and you shouldn't use it imho

12. Lil Kitchen

Ratings:
    +12,419
    yeah panda crazy, HF, and this forum is pretty much it. I have 21.5 and 23 inch monitors and 2 comps going in tandem so my command center has everything going such that I can see and use everything with a fair amount of ease. That being said sometimes I just watch tv on one of the monitors

13. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    I suggest running hit finder on worker and then panda crazy on www. If you want you can also try overwatch as well and that runs on worker but you can technically do the same thing with just hit finder alone.

14. un_in

un_in Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +4,330
    Two monitors would be my next upgrade... but I use a laptop. :emoji_pensive:

15. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    When I use my laptop I still hook up 2 monitors to it and @Hummingbirdee using a laptop with 2 monitors plugged into it.

• Love Love x 1
  16. Melting Glacier

Melting Glacier PE: $30.01 - That's over $1.25/hour! ┬┴┤( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴

Ratings:
    +11,423
    I rocked dual monitors on a netbook years ago. VGA, but still! No reason you can't pick up a cheap monitor if you only have VGA out. Up until I got my desktop a year ago, I used a Sony VAIO hooked up to a pretty old Westinghouse TV. :lol:

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  17. un_in

un_in Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +4,330
    I'd have to get some low ass monitors, I hate it when they're not equal heights.

I may or may not be using a macbook.

18. Lil Kitchen

Ratings:
    +12,419
    Okay word ill do that! Im gonna mess around with overwatch but yeah the amount of batches I'd want to keep tabs on is very few right now anyways.

19. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    You can still use the laptop screen as an auxiliary monitor that isn't the same level as the others

Or close the laptop and use the monitors without the laptop screen.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Lil Kitchen

Ratings:
    +12,419
    My situation is I have an imac desktop which is my main, and then my HP pavilion I dropped a while ago and the screen is broken but I never take it anywhere anyways so I got a 23 inch monitor off amazon for like $90 and just always have it plugged in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.