04/25 - Tech Tuesday

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by LumosDC, Apr 25, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mdeem

mdeem Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +7,357
    I mean it says in the instructions you have to spend at least 5 minutes on the actual task, which is worth $1 alone just for the time. Having to create an account, install a program, set it up, and doing the recording... this should easily pay 5 bucks

2. I Got Cookies

I Got Cookies Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,172
    You don't think that it entices you to buy it and then once you bought it, it isn't as diligent?

3. mdeem

Ratings:
    +7,357
    MTurk is just dead AF. I told ya your $50 days on MTurk are extremely unusual :emoji_older_man: And now its actually literally dead. I've made a whole $2.50 on MTurk today

• Like Like x 5
  4. Daniel Wasilewski

Daniel Wasilewski Turker

Ratings:
    +122
    I would be really surprised but it's not impossible that it prioritizes trial accounts. I personally think there's less work than a couple weeks ago when I started the trial. It still catches some decent things but I'm not even seeing much come into finder so not much is out there.

• Like Like x 2
  5. I Got Cookies

Ratings:
    +1,172
    It's just weird because I had $50 days every day during the trial and now around $20. Maybe correlation doesn't equal causation.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Theta Carinae

Theta Carinae Active Turker

Ratings:
    +311
    heh, the /s was supposed to mean sarcasm. totally agree with you
    just thinking it was the fail of someone young to understand that not everyone is like them rather than intentional malice, is all

7. Daniel Wasilewski

Daniel Wasilewski Turker

Ratings:
    +122
    I think I'm at about $17 on mturk today. Please don't ask me how many surveys under 40 cents I've done haha.

• Like Like x 2
  8. mdeem

Ratings:
    +7,357
    I know you were being sarcastic, but I'm not being that generous. I think the person who posted that survey just doesn't care about being fair

9. SamAnt

SamAnt Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +12,934
    Or it could be that it caught everything you were qualified for that was up during the trial period that was missed before and now there's not a lot left.

I have noticed that sometimes when some people have "good" days, most of the surveys they do on those days are ones I did months ago :emoji_cry:

• Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. mdeem

Ratings:
    +7,357
    Yeeeep. Once you catch up, welcome aboard. Its hard bread rolls for dinner tonight

• Love Love x 2
  11. mdeem

Ratings:
    +7,357
    And again, if you're ever feeling paranoid about what's happening... all ya gotta do is load the default hit browser and set it to show all hits even unqual'd hits. You can then see for yourself exactly what is available regardless of how your catcher works. It becomes apparent quickly that its friday and you aint got shit to do

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
  12. I Got Cookies

Ratings:
    +1,172
    Is anyone doing this person's hits? He's literally got thousands and thousands

Title: item-brand-pair-audit-single-blind_bded5518-5c18-414e-b3bb-a51fb55869a9Accept
    Requester: Amazon Requester Inc. - 'BrandClassifier' [A235DK0D08556E] Contact
    TV: [Hrly=$null][Pay=Unrated][Approval=~24 hrs][Comm=Unrated][Rej=0][Blk=0]
    TO: No reviews
    Reward: $0.00
    Duration: 00:30:00
    Available: 195
    Description: item-brand-pair-audit-single-blind bded5518-5c18-414e-b3bb-a51fb55869a9
    Qualifications: BrandClassifierAuditQualifications GreaterThan 0

13. Theta Carinae

Ratings:
    +311
    *shrug* I mean, I get how it's frustrating, but I got over the idea a long time ago that any requesters beyond the most naive/new/academics solely focused on results give a crap about being fair. Quite a lot of them post things here because if they had to pay someone in person it'd cost them $10-$20+, when they can pay $1.50 here and people will still do it

14. mdeem

Ratings:
    +7,357
    I'm just getting pissy bc the size of the garbage pile on Prolific today is out of hand. Everything I've seen all day is below $7/hr range crap, and that one was particularly insulting

• Like Like x 2
  15. Theta Carinae

Ratings:
    +311
    dude that's totally fair. the piles of crap on all 3 platforms are...really something this week

• Like Like x 1
  16. Amanda Woosley

Amanda Woosley Turker

Ratings:
    +152
    The only saving grace I had was two jury hits yesterday...otherwise dead

17. mdeem

Ratings:
    +7,357
    Checkmark Ninja [A2RYA2LRMBXAGU] Verify the LinkedIn URL for a person - $0.08 | PANDA

Underpaid

Unrated

Unrated
    $3.56 / hour
    00:01:21 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:
    The hits don't load more than half the time until you refresh it like 5x and the the plugin doesn't work most of the time now either, so you have to redo the whole process like 3x or more each hit.

Catchability: Great (HIT Last Seen: 14 seconds ago)
    Qualifications: Excluded DoesNotExist ; Installed Version of our Chrome Extension >= 3;

To read Checkmark Ninja's full profile check out TurkerView!

18. Daniel Wasilewski

Daniel Wasilewski Turker

Ratings:
    +122
    I just played tetris for $1.50, wish more jobs just payed me to play a game.

• Love Love x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. mdeem

Ratings:
    +7,357
    I hope they didn't exclude me after I told them the last one I did was underpaid for how long it was. Never had a real issue with the jury duties even when they are long bc the pay was sufficient, but the last one I did was terrible enough to tell them. It seems like they do these studies for individual lawyers to help build their cases before the actual courtdate, and whoever did this one was out of control

Haven't seen another jury duty since that one

• Like Like x 1
  20. Soul

Soul Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +2,391
    Do you work on weekends? I've gotten most of my jury duties on weekends now, usually in the morning.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.