04/26 - Wonderful Wednesday!

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by TissueHime, Apr 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TissueHime

TissueHime Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +2,404
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. jdzane

jdzane Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,650
    I've never been up for a thread change before....FIRST! :p

• 5/5 Pay 5/5 Pay x 1
  3. joie de vivre

joie de vivre Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +2,313
  4. joie de vivre

Ratings:
    +2,313
  5. joie de vivre

Ratings:
    +2,313
    Have any of you had a broken limb before? I'm six weeks into the healing process right now, and my arm still doesn't fell quite right. My doc says calm down and that I'm not able to work yet, but I'm just wondering if any of you have any experiences with this sort of thing. I want nothing more than to go back to work.

Turk is good, Turk is God, but I need to get back to my job.

6. Sarai

Sarai Active Turker

Ratings:
    +791
    What do you mean by it doesn't feel right? Do you think the bone isn't setting right? If so...maybe you could get an xray?

7. jdzane

jdzane Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,650
    six weeks is a good start, but I think it's at least 8, depending on how bad the break is. I had a hairline fracture in my wrist after an ice skating accident when I was in 5th grade. I think I was in the cast for 8 weeks, and to be honest, for about two years after, it would hurt randomly (usually related to the weather). I wouldn't worry about it, it takes time. Bones are incredible if you research how they work to heal themselves. Just make sure you're drinking plenty of milk to help the process, and sunlight wouldn't hurt either (vitamin D)

8. Sneaky Taffer

Sneaky Taffer Turker

Ratings:
    +34
    Regarding pins, I wonder if they wants us to be more general or what. I was looking up definitions, pins, and maybe being way too careful. Anyone have any past experience with this requester? Do they want super-duper nitpicky or more general in nature as to category vs. pin. UGH!
    It's so subjective sometimes. I did research on CHAIR UPHOLSTERY, guys. I went deep!

9. un_in

un_in Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +4,330
    They don't reject, but you need to be careful to not miss golden questions, which cause you to get locked out of the batch. Experience helps though - I still get locked out after a while.

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  10. joie de vivre

Ratings:
    +2,313
    Thank you for responding. I have had xrays, and I am engaged in physical therapy right now. Have you had a broken arm before? I'm really interested in talking to someone who has had a similar injury.

11. Sarai

Sarai Active Turker

Ratings:
    +791
    I've only had fractured fingers, no full breaks so I don't think I'd be of much help there. :(

• Like Like x 1
  12. jdzane

jdzane Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,650
    Sometimes I think I'm on block by 90% of the people on this forum, I'll say something or ask a direct question and there will be crickets in response...:emoji_thinking:

13. joie de vivre

Ratings:
    +2,313
    When I was trying to be super duper careful with this requester, I kept getting in trouble. When I decided that there was no hope left for me I just made the hit a casual thing and it was all good with really casually related words and photographs, so yes, I think thy're looking for that halfway paying attention sort of social media point of view.

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  14. un_in

un_in Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +4,330
    Woah I logged out for a moment and saw your post, who are you again? :emoji_upside_down:

15. jdzane

jdzane Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,650
    :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

16. un_in

un_in Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +4,330
    A $2 this late at night? :emoji_heart_eyes:

17. jdzane

jdzane Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,650
    or this early in the morning :emoji_money_mouth:

• Like Like x 1
  18. joie de vivre

Ratings:
    +2,313
    Hey, I'm paying attention.

19. jdzane

jdzane Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,650
    lol just your comment of wanting to talk to someone with a similar injury after me sharing my story made me think you didn't see it. Or it could be that our situations are just far too different, I certainly didn't need physical therapy, although I know people who have from a fractured arm. I could also be far too tired to be interacting with humans via text, where things get confusing if you misread something or read it in the wrong tone.

20. jdzane

jdzane Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,650
    Pinterest is asking which side looks more like "Vin Disel Shirtless"....and both sides have a picture of candied bacon because the pin is called "Man candy" :emoji_laughing:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.