05/04 - Swimming Saturday!

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by TissueHime, May 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leafs4_cup

leafs4_cup Ugly Mug

Ratings:
    +31,260
    The $500 days were pretty nice too

• Love Love x 1
  2. angel

angel Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +28,535
    [​IMG]

I forget about the fees because with the exception of Prolific everyone who sends me money for work through PayPal pays the fees. But we all know there is no way Amazon would be eating those fees.

3. Gemini

Gemini Active Turker

Ratings:
    +238
    One of the ways that they make money is in float. In the US, the holding institution can earn interest on money while it holds it. This is the reason why transactions are not instantaneous and not for any sort of security reasons.

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  4. slothbear

slothbear Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +22,069
    :wave:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  5. SAJ

SAJ Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +51,479
    [​IMG]

• WOW WOW x 1
  6. Random Jobber

Random Jobber No One Cared Who I Was Until I Put On The Bucket TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +9,593
    Manoj Thomas [A37L47Q4PMMWY3] Answer a survey about shopping - $1.00 | PANDA

Good

Unrated

Unrated
    $13.43 / hour
    00:04:28 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:
    Unscramble 6 sentences, 30 sliders 1 per page

Qualifications: Total approved HITs > 100; HIT approval rate (%) > 95; Location EqualTo US;
    To read Manoj Thomas's full profile check out TurkerView!

7. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    Daemo had little/nothing to do w/ that though.. aside from hiding it from more people so you could get a higher total tally
    They basically eat the fees by having Amazon Pay exist though. It's not free to run, and they could charge workers to withdraw w/ no recourse if they wanted to.

8. Gemini

Gemini Active Turker

Ratings:
    +238
    I'd put money on that the system holds the money for just long enough until it is in the black for transaction. This is why when you pay for something like at a gas station it gets taken right away but when you are getting paid it might take two or three days.

9. Gemini

Gemini Active Turker

Ratings:
    +238
    I mean, I imagine at this point it is a stochastic process rather than a per transaction basis but still... that's how banking works.

10. DawnLarie

DawnLarie New Turker

Ratings:
    +17
    NOT HAPPY WITH FIREFOX - All my extensions where deleted. Just when I was feeling like I was getting everything set up. Anybody else have this problem?

• WOW WOW x 2
  11. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    Everyone on the planet using FF lol.

https://www.reddit.com/r/technology/comments/bkh11a/all_firefox_users_world_wide_lose_their_addons/

I think this is a temp fix? https://www.reddit.com/r/technology...x_users_world_wide_lose_their_addons/emgpd6k/

Or just hang tight until they push an update.. which on a weekend is probably a safer option

12. angel

angel Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +28,535
    no problem with mine

13. slothbear

slothbear Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +22,069
    I can see it now on the mturk blog:
    "One of the great things about Amazon Mechanical Turk (MTurk) is that Workers from all over the world can earn rewards for completing tasks anytime, anywhere. As a marketplace provider, we take pride in our ability to offer a digital forum that connects work with Workers. In order to provide each Worker™ with an improved experience, we at MTurk™ have implemented an exciting new payments structure to ensure quality for years to come. For every dollar™ made by our Workers™, MTurk will reinvest 30 cents™ back into the system on behalf of the Worker™. This will enable MTurk™ to bring you exciting "updates"™ to the platform™ and to introduce™ the™ system™ to™ new™ Requesters™."™

• LOL LOL x 2
    • 5/5 Pay 5/5 Pay x 1
    • WOW WOW x 1
  14. DawnLarie

DawnLarie New Turker

Ratings:
    +17
    Glad to hear that - BUT I would be wary.

15. DawnLarie

DawnLarie New Turker

Ratings:
    +17
  16. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    Well that's exactly what Prolific does and they do that actual "we care about the workers" song & dance and people parrot it so probably not a bad idea :dunno:

• 5/5 Pay 5/5 Pay x 1
  17. Tiger33

Tiger33 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,695
  18. Gemini

Gemini Active Turker

Ratings:
    +238
    Just going off my experience... it's the real deal with Prolific. 1. They respond. 2. They actually look into issues. 3. They've granted me payment that was rejected by a requester because they saw I was right.

19. Random Turker

Random Turker Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +25,033
    Okay question guys. I rarely do any surveys on my iphone but sometimes if I have a few 2-3 minute surveys to do I'll sit on the couch and do them on my phone. I'm running into an issue when I want to do this if the link for the survey is not clickable. I hold down for copy but in these instances the select all option is not there and I can't get the copy paste bars to drag. Anyone run into this and/or have a solution?

20. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    And they take a boatload more of what would be your money.. in the extremely rare instances where a requester screws up I'm sure it's nice.. in the 99% of cases where the work just approves w/o a problem you're getting screwed and thanking them for it simply because they aren't "ebil amazon" :ay:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.