06/10 - Mr. Thedorchannel Monday

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by thedorchannel, Jun 10, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skittles

skittles Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +18,181
    [​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 6
  2. DuckDuckTurk

DuckDuckTurk Active Turker

Ratings:
    +736
    My max on Surveys tends to be 25 or 30, I can't do anymore than that in a day.
    [​IMG]

3. DrTerb

DrTerb Turker

Ratings:
    +153
    It is basically looking for a screen that is 4K/UHD with AMD, like a 32"+ television screen. It's so slow today I'm not opposed to doing a little experiment to see if I can run it on my desktop and hook up the monitor to the TV screen. If the requestor is legit I'd have no problem doing these for 2 bucks a pop.

• Like Like x 2
  4. DrTerb

DrTerb Turker

Ratings:
    +153
    Agree 100%. Answer all of the questions. They know how complete/incomplete your profile is and Prolific takes everything into consideration when adjusting your "audience score" (which you can't see), not just rejections/completes. They also have an Audience Checker which is super easy for researchers to use and screen you out before the study is even created: https://app.prolific.com/audience-checker

I'm at $290.71 so far for June on Prolific and $26.68 on Mturk.....so, you know, duh. Good luck!

• 5/5 Pay 5/5 Pay x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  5. wagecage24

wagecage24 New Turker

Ratings:
    +38
    the worst is the studies that try to "get you in a state" then ask some questions. you get whiplash after just a few lol.

speaking of which... anyone have any experience with the lg dual up or https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BWDMYK83/?tag=thtv02-20 this? i have been eyeing both as having the monitor have a double split and kvm would make things super efficient, especially for forced fullscreen tasks or passing vms to certain monitor output

Last edited: Jun 10, 2024
  6. Jane Doe

Jane Doe Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +2,261
    It's funny they seem so technical, and clueless at the same time.

[​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 1
  7. johnxyz

johnxyz Well-Known Turker TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +1,729
    The F Laboratory [A7GI4MUAC5KI] Consumer Survey ($0.55 for 3–5 min.)(~ 5 minutes) - $0.55 | PANDA

Unrated

Unrated

Unrated
    $24.75 / hour
    00:01:20 / completion time
    Pros:
    Instant approval
    Cons:

Catchability: Great (HIT Last Seen: a second ago)
    Qualifications: Total approved HITs >= 500; islfvr8491 >= 100; HIT approval rate (%) >= 95; Exc: [14230370-447594] DoesNotExist ; Location In US;

To read The F Laboratory's full profile check out TurkerView!

• Good Review! Good Review! x 1
  8. ceedj

ceedj Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +6,049
    Baby hands! Makes nostolgic for Barcodes and Shoes. OMG, I had SO MANY SHOE SCRIPTS.

Anyway, yeah, baby hands! So adorbs!

9. chasm

chasm Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +821
    [​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 1
  10. DrTerb

DrTerb Turker

Ratings:
    +153
    So, I've been down a fun rabbit hole with this.....and the only thing I can come up with is that either my HDMI cable isn't ultra high-speed enough, or it's not possible to run the task from computer to monitor/TV display. It doesn't work directly through the Samsung QLED brower because it is, of course,.......not Google Chrome.

It would be really freeeeeeking nice if they would explain exactly what they are looking for instead of letting us know our monitors all suck. If anyone figures this out, I'm dying to know.

11. DuckDuckTurk

DuckDuckTurk Active Turker

Ratings:
    +736
    There is only one man left to do this hit..
    [​IMG]

12. laby

laby Survey Slinger Former MTG MotM TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +31,335
    Alexandria Qual
    Title: [QUAL] Evaluate the plausibility of the situations and actions in short storiesAccept
    Requester: Alexandria [A12DWLY5TD1002] Contact
    TV: [Hrly=$19.41][Pay=Good][Approval=~24 hrs][Comm=Good][Rej=0][Blk=0]
    TO: [Pay=3.27][Fast=4.68][Comm=4.38][Fair=4.68][Reviews=68][ToS=0]
    Reward: $6.00
    Duration: 08:00:00
    Available: 1
    Description: [Qual] Given a two-sentence story and two possible next actions, evaluate the plausibility of each action based on the character's awareness of the situation.
    Qualifications: Masters Exists ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 10000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 98; Location EqualTo US; qualification-d DoesNotExist

• Good Review! Good Review! x 1
  13. malysa

malysa Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +5,724
    so has she gone to just masters like maze? one of my favorite mturk reqs but I have the prolific equivalent of that so I guess I shouldn't Grinch... & maze even went over to prolific and I make enough money that I never mess with it...

14. j0sh83

j0sh83 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,796
    I logged in and saw 3 pages. I thought, "wow, it must have been a busy day for turking." Nope, just a busy day for Prolific, lol.

• Love Love x 1
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2024
  15. malysa

malysa Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +5,724
    but remember the days it was thirty or forty... yeah, glad I have different baskets and aren't butthurt by some of them ;)

• Love Love x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.