07/05 - Stormy Monday

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by Mothra, Jul 5, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mdeem

mdeem Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +7,357
    I was selling on ebay full time before coming back here.. covid killed that business, but I'm very familiar with how ebay works now & I don't have any reservations about buying from anyone if its a good deal bc I know I can always get my money back easily

2. gener

gener Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +11,568
    I used to loooooooove ebay. Just felt like I got burned. Glad to see policy is more shopper friendly now. Thank you again for the input.

• Like Like x 1
  3. LumosDC

LumosDC Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +7,429
  4. lapetitebaker

lapetitebaker Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +7,895
    Ewa Khalife [A3F8CDQG5DNC79] Answer a survey about your perceptions of individuals based on a short vignette - $1.00 | PANDA

Good

Unrated

Unrated
    $18.46 / hour
    00:03:15 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • It's nothing graphic or particularly detailed but the content of the vignette may be disturbing to some

Catchability: Okay (HIT Last Seen: 5 minutes ago)
    Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) >= 65;

To read Ewa Khalife's full profile check out TurkerView!

• Good Review! Good Review! x 1
  5. Vincent P

Vincent P Active Turker

Ratings:
    +923
    Yeah it's actually funny how strict they are about that. If I remember correctly when I was a seller they still had a "No Returns" option for listings and I got screwed over by it because it basically meant squat when my buyer decided that the quality of their item wasn't as "like new" as they wanted it to be. Wtf is No Returns if I have to take the item back and refund the money? :emoji_joy:

• Like Like x 1
    • Yikes Yikes x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  6. mdeem

Ratings:
    +7,357
    Eesha Sharma [A3QAIKFEVWWUQE] Short study about your opinions - Part 1(~ 10 minutes) - $0.40 | PANDA

Low

Unrated

Unrated
    $10.29 / hour
    00:02:20 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Catchability: Great (HIT Last Seen: a second ago)
    Qualifications: Exc: [305441-304852] DoesNotExist ; CR Research Group #1 >= 100; Location In US;

To read Eesha Sharma's full profile check out TurkerView!

7. lapetitebaker

Ratings:
    +7,895
    Eesha Sharma [A3QAIKFEVWWUQE] Short study about your opinions - Part 1(~ 10 minutes) - $0.40 | PANDA

Good

Unrated

Unrated
    $18.95 / hour
    00:01:16 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Qualifications: Exc: [305441-304852] DoesNotExist ; CR Research Group #1 >= 100; Location In US;

8. mdeem

Ratings:
    +7,357
    Yep, seller policies regarding returns and whatnot are basically meaningless because if the buyer opens a request about it not being as described, then you're basically screwed as the seller regardless

On the one hand, its great for the honest buyer

On the other, small level sellers get screwed over extremely easily by dishonest buyers looking for free stuff. It makes me seriously nervous to sell things of high value that require a lot of packaging work to ship.

There was a time when ebay was like the wild west but those days are over.. it is increasingly becoming just another Amazon

9. Random Turker

Random Turker Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +25,033
    New Requester Profile!

Pedro Covas Alves [A2714H8CCGVEYO] Answer a survey about online courses - $1.00 | PANDA

Generous

Unrated

Unrated
    $22.09 / hour
    00:02:43 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:
    Extremely short timer.

Catchability: Expiring Soon (HIT Last Seen: 2 minutes ago)
    Qualifications: Location EqualTo US;

To read Pedro Covas Alves's full profile check out TurkerView!

10. Vincent P

Vincent P Active Turker

Ratings:
    +923
    Seller fees started to go through the roof too. Basically slowly started catering to large established businesses and pricing out smaller sellers trying to run a business through Ebay. I think I owe them $400 from a BS claim a seller made on one of my "No Refund" items. I don't care if they send an armed collections officer to my door, they are not getting that money from me unless I win the lottery... :emoji_zipper_mouth:

• Love Love x 2
  11. Joseph Dubrowski

Joseph Dubrowski Active Turker

Ratings:
    +197

Low

Unrated

Unrated
    $11.80 / hour
    00:02:02 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

12. j0sh83

j0sh83 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,178
    Vandy JDM Lab [A3F2YSBKIALMT8] Multi-attribute, Multi-alternative Decision-making(~ 15 minutes) - $0.50 | PANDA

Underpaid

Unrated

Unrated
    $2.27 / hour
    00:13:14 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:
    Just awful. Took a while to find my rhythm, but still that was too late to save the pay rate.

My fault for blindly accepting from posted HITs on the forum. Avoid this.

Catchability: Very Low (HIT Last Seen: 3 hours ago)
    Qualifications: SurveyGroup [5306] DoesNotExist ; Exc: [-370589690-304781] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs >= 50; HIT approval rate (%) >= 95; CR Research Group #1 >= 100; Location In US;

To read Vandy JDM Lab's full profile check out TurkerView!

13. mdeem

Ratings:
    +7,357
    Yes making a living through ebay selling is an extreme grind. You have to have a huge inventory and do large volume of sales, unless you have regular access to exceptional inventory at good prices.

Even though I am not making much here, I am set to exceed my ebay earnings if things continue on the current upward couse, and thats after I did ebay very dedicated for about 3 years

Its nice not having to worry about all the different fees and what I get paid is what I get paid

14. j0sh83

j0sh83 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,178

Fair

Unrated

Unrated
    $10.21 / hour
    00:02:21 / completion time
    Pros:
    Quick.
    Cons:
    Attention checks.

Catchability: Great (HIT Last Seen: 2 seconds ago)

15. mdeem

Ratings:
    +7,357
    Just granted this qual after taking the test about half an hour ago

• Like Like x 1
  16. Vincent P

Vincent P Active Turker

Ratings:
    +923
    A little less than a decade ago it was like stealing candy from a baby. I remember my friend who was making like 2 grand a week in high school flipping wholesale Disney DVDs from China. Not the most commendable way to do things but back then it really was easy enough to flip wholesale if you could find a good seller. Then it got to the point where the fees started to outweigh the profits. I honestly wish I still did it but I won't be able to ever unless I pay them off. Was nice having my whole work day being packaging things and making a trip to the post office.

• Like Like x 1
  17. lapetitebaker

Ratings:
    +7,895
    dupsychstudy@gmail.com [A11AC2Q3TNEFY9] Social Judgment Study(~ 20 minutes) - $2.00 | PANDA

Fair

Unrated

Unrated
    $14.09 / hour
    00:08:31 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Inquisit
    • No progress indicator

Catchability: Okay (HIT Last Seen: 40 minutes ago)
    Qualifications: Exc: [301748-301159] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs >= 100; CR Research Group #2 DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) >= 95; CR Research Group #1 >= 100; Location In US;

To read dupsychstudy@gmail.com's full profile check out TurkerView!

18. j0sh83

j0sh83 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,178
    Awesome! I just checked my email after seeing your message and saw I also received the qual. Did you get two?

Qualification: SG_AMT_emotion_annotation_1
    Qualification: SG_AMT_emotion_annotation_2

19. mdeem

Ratings:
    +7,357
    In addition to the fees and new regulations making things harder on the seller, the markets have become completed saturated thanks to youtubers trying to make channels about how easy it is to get rich off ebay... there are so many people doing it now, its incredibly hard to find a product niche that isn't overly saturated with bottomed out prices. Plus finding products is also harder now for the same reasons. It really is a shit show. I've been selling on ebay since the early 2000s, used to do a lot of music equipment stuff being a musician, I'd buy gear, resell for profit, keep some for myself.

If you want to make good money, you really need to be able to find stuff like that now but have a way of finding it for cheap - auction houses, sources for people selling their stuff, etc.

Thrift stores and the like are a complete dead end now

• Love Love x 1
  20. mdeem

Ratings:
    +7,357
    yep 2

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.