07/19 - Working Wednesday!

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by TissueHime, Jul 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    There's a 5% chance if someone can come up with a revolutionary answer to me my question.

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 2
  2. eyeofodin

eyeofodin Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +5,608
    Maybe to have a requirement to post why they were rejected.

3. NBadger

NBadger Mod of Cat Gifs

Ratings:
    +40,241
    Whoa, we've gone from 0 to 2 to straight up 5%? :eek:

[​IMG]

4. Trickydude24

Trickydude24 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +5,206
    Probably not helpful, but similarly to how you have the "HIT Approved" green bar show up, an option for "Rejection Reversed" in some neutral color would catch people's eye when looking at TO, showing that the requesters are willing to work with workers on reversals.

Unless you mean a way to improve their rating score to show up on TO forum exports, then I don't know off the top of my head.

5. Laura

Laura Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +1,808
    So, I decided to finally set up an instagram account, in light of the qual...and someone is not going to be very happy that she used my email address when she set up her page.

• LOL LOL x 1
  6. Missesdash

Missesdash Survey Slinger Former MTG MotM

Ratings:
    +12,314
    • Nom Nom Nom! Nom Nom Nom! x 9
  7. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    Only if the above condition is met, lol.
    Yeah my problem is that their ratings drop from the rejections at all. Fast, communication all get tanked for really no reason when the bombing happens.

I can understand fairness/pay getting shredded, because obviously it feels unfair to be rejected in a lot of instance, and if its rejected you aren't paid.

But the other two are just retaliatory. I understand in theory its a "warning signal" that this requester needs to be avoided until the situation is resolved.. but once resolved TO is rarely updated.

I think it would feel bad to disable those sections of the review entirely when reporting a rejection though.. so.. :/

8. Polar Bear

Polar Bear 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ratings:
    +4,265
  9. Missesdash

Ratings:
    +12,314
    actually this requires a phone call, so I'm tossing it back

10. Hummingbirdee

Hummingbirdee Big Bird

Ratings:
    +115,701
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

How unfortunate. Who would do such an evil thing?

• LOL LOL x 1
  11. GoldGuardian

GoldGuardian Black Order

Ratings:
    +16,743
    Maybe if theres a huge amount of rejection comments being posted in a time frame to freeze the account so it can't get any more reviews until the issue is resolved and then when it is by whatever means of proving it, to remove the reject comments or something...idk...

[​IMG]

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  12. Laura

Laura Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +1,808
    Luckily, she only had 6 pictures up. How do I delete them?

13. ZileWrath

ZileWrath Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +1,716
    Itd be easier to deal with if we had more "reviews" to work with. So for example separate them by month so maybe feb 2015 all red for rejections but since then they havent rejected once. TO doesnt seem to be the most flexible of things either. what would be good would be if people could easily and quickly comment on the HITs they do like a button that sends info saying it got approved or something. or a comment section for the requester themselves rather than individualHITs so that people can quick drop a comment and be like . "good requester no rejects if you do all the work. follow the instructions and you wont get rejected" etc the pool of data informing us of rejections or not is super biased to rejects too so somehow it needs to be easier to just say "i did the work and it approved" or did the work and it got rejected for X reason but noones gonna go through their entire history and do that manually that sounds so tedious. not for every little survey. sometimes people also need to know when HITs are crazy underpaid and the hourly is literally 2 an hour. now ratings for good HITs is a bit trickier because lets say before everyone knew pinterest was easy 20/hr as much as i like helping people out if pins were a "secret" batch im not telling people its so good. unless their forum folks i guess. idk im slightly more on the reserved side of shouing batches from the rooftops.
    ok gotta do qual HIT hope thats helpful in some way

14. EssArrBee

EssArrBee Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +20,007
    Being able to flag a review if it is an obvious 1 bomb from someone that is just being a dick.

15. Missesdash

Ratings:
    +12,314

Could have been an accident. I use fake emails with them because they link your email and contacts and facebook and basically everything and it's annoying. My account constantly pops up as suggestions to people I definitely don't want seeing my photos.

• Like Like x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  16. Hummingbirdee

Hummingbirdee Big Bird

Ratings:
    +115,701
    When you're looking at the picture (after you selected it), there are three dots at the top right (under the refresh icon), if you select that delete is an option.

17. Trickydude24

Trickydude24 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +5,206
    What about something similar to how Steam works with their reviews? With an overall score (all-time average score) and a most recent score, that shows the latest scores. So a requester's one-bomb from 1975 wouldn't necessarily hurt them in their 'recent' score if they improve their communications or share accounts (like many universities do when graduates complete their thesis on how MTurk workers feel when writing a 500-word essay.) I don't know what you could set the 'recent' benchmark to be.

Maybe to help prevent total one-bombs across the board (for communication, pay, etc), is to have a box (or even a clickable calendar thing) that shows the date you completed the HIT. Then that way they can't one-bomb communication on the same day they accepted the HIT (to prevent anger-bombing lol). So it would require a cooldown period until they can update their review for zero communication (say a few days to a week cooldown), to give honest requesters a chance.

Although some people could forget to update the TO, but it wouldn't necessarily hurt requester scores, because they would have zero rating in communication. Or email reminders would be kind of cool to implement (although I could see the email servers require a huge capacity for this once the TO system grows).

I don't know if I'm even making any sense, I'm just spitting out some ideas lol.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Laura

Laura Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +1,808
    Oh. I'm sure it is, I use my name and birthday and have had the email account for like 16 years...and her name and birthday were the same as mine.

19. bttrflyyy

bttrflyyy Turker

Ratings:
    +123
    Click rating - reason is tab appears - multiple choice option - with other option to be able to add in reason not listed - and an approved / rejected button - as well as a rejection reversed option - also on communication - did you communicate with requester - did they answer back - leave a note for you - if answer no did not communicate then you can't rate - make it more work for people to leave feedback and they are less likely to hit one star on everything just to vent - maybe also have a way that the account can be made for the requester with verification it is them somehow and they can request to have reversals just like we request to have rejections reversed. Also having a way to measure what a 1 vs 5 star is ... enter pay - approximate time took to do hit - that should be an x star - have that come up - like figuring out tipping on receipts is so people just use it and don't have to do math

• Like Like x 1
  20. ZileWrath

ZileWrath Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +1,716
    ChrisTO incoming :emoji_eyes::emoji_eyes::emoji_eyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.