08/26 - Mail Monday

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by ThisPoorGuy, Aug 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrw254

jrw254 Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +2,050
    Right on.

I got just north of 2k neg myself.

• 5/5 Pay 5/5 Pay x 1
  2. Soul

Soul Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +2,391
    New Requester Profile!

Samantha [A17MPTSNTHI53D] Answer a survey about eating behaviours, emotions and adverse events - $4.00 | PANDA

Generous

Unrated

Unrated
    $35.29 / hour
    00:06:48 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Qualifications:
    To read Samantha's full profile check out TurkerView!

3. Turkmom86

Turkmom86 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +6,652
    but isn't it essentially like a pay day advance that all of you that had this issue were given? so technically you do owe them the negative amount?

4. psil

psil Turker

Ratings:
    +28
    So, Amazon is just letting us keep the money, are they gonna keep balances negative though? Guess I gotta call Amazon Payments when the customer service line opens up.

5. Troy

Troy Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +4,507
    Based on the recent email, they state that "the funds will remain in your account" and they are working "to resolve the issue."

Email:

Hello,

We’re writing to let you know that there was an issue that impacted your ability to transfer funds from your Amazon Payments account to your bank account from August 21 through August 22.

If you attempted to transfer funds during this period, they were delayed by 1-2 days. If you attempted the same transfer more than once, it may have been duplicated, resulting in an incorrect balance in your Amazon Payments account.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused by these transfer issues. In this case, any duplicate transfers made as a result of this issue will not be reversed and those funds will remain in your bank account.

We’re working hard to fix the incorrect Amazon Payments balance for all impacted Customers. This process may take a few days, we appreciate your continued patience. We’ll follow up again once the incorrect Amazon Payments balance issue is resolved.

Should you have any questions or need additional support, please contact us at https://pay.amazon.com/contact.

Sincerely,

The Amazon Payments Team

I am treating it as a mistake and then they are going to reset our balances to zero. Like others, I am not moving money over to payments until we get further clarification.

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. jrw254

jrw254 Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +2,050
    I'm on the "Making us work out the negative" crowd myself.

I'm fine with this though. It is not like it will take long.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Troy

Troy Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +4,507
    I wouldn't. I'm sure they are going to get a slew of calls already this morning. This was a big step in them acknowledging the direct issue that we all have, so I am just going to sit back and wait it out until I get further correspondence.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Random Turker

Random Turker Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +25,033
    I'm paying off my $140 balance but just because I'm a fool and feel obligated. I wish I could do what you are all doing lol. I need the extra cash damnit.

Going to take the daughter to the bus stop you all make some money for me while I'm gone :p

• Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Troy

Troy Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +4,507
    We need a vote for this thread. lol

• LOL LOL x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  10. Troy

Troy Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +4,507
    If you want to be a guinea pig for us and the rest of the community... Move 5 bucks over and see where it goes. Does it show up as Available for Transfer, or does it go against the Amazon Balance? 20 bucks says it would be available for transfer for some reason but unable to withdraw since your balance is negative. So you can look at your money, but not have it. There's probably no way for the system to know to apply any positive balances available to withdraw to the balance since that balance should really never be at zero or negative...

11. Turkmom86

Turkmom86 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +6,652
    I don't feel its fair Amazon should eat those negative balances.

I guess maybe if they do eat it then I am the idiot that didn't get in on this when I saw it reported many time, I should of tried to transfer $500 a gazillion times and said F$#% it.

I'd fear any repercussions of your account being shut down if you don't work to pay that negative balance off.

• LOL LOL x 1
  12. Taintacular

Taintacular Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +549
    CBresearch [A2C3GVWBXGG0X7] Consumer preference and choice(~ 2 minutes) - $0.20 | PANDA

Unrated

Unrated

Unrated
    $5.50 / hour
    00:02:11 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:
    Writing.

Qualifications: Exc: [-1834432417-167031] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs >= 50; HIT approval rate (%) >= 98; Location In US;
    To read CBresearch's full profile check out TurkerView!

13. purplepotato

purplepotato Lavender Spudkin

Ratings:
    +32,750
    Morning :)
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  14. MortimerP

MortimerP Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +654
    [​IMG]Good morning all. I take it from the talk Payments is still f-ed up....lovely. But its always better after coffee.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Taintacular

Taintacular Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +549
  16. Troy

Troy Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +4,507
    Eh. The the issue lies in a mistake on their system. The reason myself and others tried multiple times wasnt a malicious action, but rather because we were getting "withdraw failed" emails and messaged after each one. We had no idea this was happening.

As I said before, there was a much larger user base that was affected than just us. This was a clear mistake on their end and I am not saying its right for us to keep the money without consequence, but Amazon being the Customer Centric focus, they may see it as a way to maintain thier close relationships with thier customers.

• Like Like x 4
  17. turker

turker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +21,075
    player A got $1 for no reason. how much does player A want to give to player B*? player A gets to know they did something good for player B.

*player B is me

18. lapetitebaker

lapetitebaker Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +7,895
    Lab919.UNSW [AGGMIXCTGZGW] Making Predictions - $2.50 | PANDA

Generous

Unrated

Unrated
    $15.90 / hour
    00:09:26 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Qualifications: allergistCI DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs > 500; HIT approval rate (%) > 95;
    To read Lab919.UNSW's full profile check out TurkerView!

19. papabear121857

papabear121857 Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +519
    Morning all.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • LOL LOL x 1
  20. purplepotato

purplepotato Lavender Spudkin

Ratings:
    +32,750
    Maybe these payments issues are an elaborate study. Amazon is Player A, we're all Player Bs. Any money they gave to us was doubled. How much will you return to Player A? People who had no issues are the control group. I haven't gotten an email from them yet, so there are clearly different manipulation groups. It all makes sense!
    [​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 5
    • WOW WOW x 2
    • Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.