09/05 - Tumultuous Tuesday!

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by Melting Glacier, Sep 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. byesaw

byesaw Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +3,802
  2. thewetnoodle007

thewetnoodle007 Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,245
    Okay well while we're at it, I have no idea how tf overwatch works

3. byesaw

byesaw Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +3,802
    What part do you need help with

• Like Like x 1
  4. Randomacts

Randomacts Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +124,073
    Overwatch actually has a good video in the thread Worker.mturk Overwatch Script but honestly I think that it is fairly simple.

tl;dr you put requester IDs in overwatch and it searches worker and if it sees it you will get pinged (with TTS if enabled). You can do the same thing with hit finder's include list but with the shaky state that MTS is in right now unless it is finally updated people have plenty of reasons to use Overwatch and hit finder at the same time.

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  5. PhilippLinden

PhilippLinden New Turker

Ratings:
    +11
    Good morning everybody, still looking for volunteers for our Pretest:

Participants Wanted, $15 for 30-45 min. of work!

The University of Cologne and the University of Kiel are looking for volunteers who are interested to perform a skype-run interview!

Within the interdisciplinary project “study on parents’ judgments regarding the enhancement of children’s cognitive performance (ECL)” we are conducting an USA-wide survey relating the topic of parents’ judgments regarding the enhancement of children’s performance in a contest-like situation. Therefore, we are looking for volunteers, who are willing to perform a pretest. That pretest will take place via Skype and the interviewee is asked to answer questions regarding the planned survey (e.g. the appearance of the planned survey and the meaningfulness of the questions). Not only will be your participation of great value for our research but there will be also a remuneration for your participation in the pretest of $15. The interview will take about 30-45 minutes. Please make sure to fulfil the following requirements:

1. You have to be an US-American citizen
    2. You have at least one child currently attending school
    3. You do not have participated in the EPSOC-project by Sebastian Sattler recently

If you comply with these requirements and want to participate, please contact: plinden1@smail.uni-koeln.de

Thank you for your support and have a nice day!

• Like Like x 1
  6. ThisPoorGuy

ThisPoorGuy ThisPoorMod

Ratings:
    +81,571
    Overview:

Overwatch runs on the worker site, so once you load the script you go to https://worker.mturk.com/overwatch and boom, overwatch. The left hand pane is a listing of all the requester IDs you're watching. The right hand pane is a view of the logs of HITs that it finds.

To watch a requester for new HITs, you need their ID. You can pull this from hitdb, or from the URL when you find one of their HITs. You can right click a requester ID on the site and click copy link and then paste it somewhere and find it at the end: https://www.mturk.com/mturk/searchbar?selectedSearchType=hitgroups&requesterId=A2GPYMNDN5MOAF

You take that ID, and you paste it into that little bar in the upper right hand corner. You can add an @ and then give it a fancy name so you can tell them apart too. So like "A2GPYMNDN5MOAF@crappyhits" or whatever. Click the add button and a new button shows up on the left hand side. Click start and it'll start monitoring the site and letting you know when your requesters post stuff. It uses one PRE to check all of the things you have listed, so unlike pandas use as many as you want. If you want to mute something click the button for the thing you want to mute until it turns red. If it's green and you don't want it to be you can click it to clear it.

There's a settings button at the bottom where you can adjust some stuff. I leave it at defaults usually. I do check the desktop notifications box and the auto-launch which pops a new tab up with the HITs when it finds them.

7. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    Good morning. It might be a good idea for you to make a thread over in https://turkerhub.com/forums/requesters/ for extra visibility

Also @ChrisTurk will get you a requester badge once he wakes up.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    I just leave everything as plain requester IDs because I'm lazy lol

9. thewetnoodle007

Ratings:
    +1,245
  10. ThisPoorGuy

ThisPoorGuy ThisPoorMod

Ratings:
    +81,571
    <--- This is my not surprised face ;)

• LOL LOL x 1
  11. byesaw

byesaw Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +3,802
    Just remember that Overwatch is like an alarm for when a requester drops something. You can accept hit manually through it but it is not like Panda Crazy that will automatically accept it.

12. thewetnoodle007

Ratings:
    +1,245
    Got it. Do you get a lot more pres with it?

13. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    It will use exactly as much of your worker PRE pool as you tell it to ;)

14. SeDuCeR

SeDuCeR Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +11,180
    Where the F you all hiding the pennies this mornin'?

15. BarnCat

BarnCat Active Turker

Ratings:
    +916
    Looks like I missed the Joe's...again. I'll catch some one of these days. Anything special I should know about them? I see mention of both US & foreign stocks, are we restricted to just ours?

16. thewetnoodle007

Ratings:
    +1,245
    Today's Projected Earnings: $22.05

• 5/5 Pay 5/5 Pay x 1
  17. byesaw

byesaw Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +3,802
    Takashi has them all

• 5/5 Pay 5/5 Pay x 1
  18. SeDuCeR

SeDuCeR Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +11,180
    I add @ok @do it @maybe @umm @FUCK YEAH @if no other shit is up @HELL NO...unless there is def nothing up @DO IT!!! @YUMMY
    to my OW list

• LOL LOL x 2
  19. SeDuCeR

SeDuCeR Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +11,180
    [​IMG]

Damn you Trump for not having a porpoise.

• LOL LOL x 2
  20. Ness

Ness Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +9,222
    [​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.