09/07 - Murder Mystery Monday

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by ThisPoorGuy, Sep 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessers

jessers Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +44,726
    Tanking for a draft pick is match fixing. They might as well throw every game and bet on all of their opponents and line their pockets while they're at it. It's cheating and it's crap and has no place in sports.

• Love Love x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Mecca

Mecca Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +7,499
    Ok but here's an issue, unless you get lucky like say the Chiefs did with Mahomes as he went 10 and they moved for him. Constantly finishing as a 500 or just below or just under 500 team or even as a shitty but respectable team leaves you in that lurch. You get stuck there and you can't get out because you aren't shitty enough to draft a star yet you aren't good enough to win anything, it's purgatory. It's how the blow it up and tank on purpose idea came to pass I'd bet.

3. brobinson2001

brobinson2001 Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,941
    GO SPORTSBALL!!! GET THAT FIELDGOAL FROM 3rd BASE! WOOO!!!

But I was actually kinda looking forward to this season because this dude's mom was a paraprofessional at my HS when I was going, and his older sister was in my little sister's graduating class: https://www.cincyjungle.com/2020/9/...RHZUlgjvRrzS2eWlU6fRBVyp2Ov81qCAMKESIAOV6Q4qo

The last somewhat semi-famous player our town had was John Crider, and his obstinate ass passed up numerous colleges because he wanted to play for KU....who promptly benched him. *I* got a good deal out of that though, in that I got to go party with John in Lawrence and got drunk with Kirk Heinrich a combo of the basketball and football teams where someone rolled a dumpster into the middle of the parking lot of the apt. complex and there was a dry-erase board with leadership standings as to who made the most shots into the dumpster from the 4th floor with their bottles/cans.

/and that's all I have to say about that.

4. Mecca

Mecca Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +7,499
    The thing is players and coaches don't do it because they know they'll be gone but front offices 100% do, like by trading away dudes for draft picks.

5. SunlitSunflower

SunlitSunflower baby head

Ratings:
    +36,431
    I told y'all they were ganna start reproducing on their own!

• LOL LOL x 1
  6. jessers

jessers Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +44,726
    You're acting like it's unfair to get stuck in said purgatory and they deserve a bail out?

That's sports... literally. You reorganize, you trade, you demote, you promote, you teach, you train, you coach, you manage.

• Love Love x 3
  7. samoth84

samoth84 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +14,778
    I only follow hockey closely so I can't speak to what other sports do, and I frankly don't care. You are not gonna make me say it is good for anyone to tank on purpose.

Then you suck it up until you get it right. Sports should not be about getting handout so you can win. What is point then? By your logic the Chiefs should let a lesser team win next season in the NFL.

• Love Love x 4
  8. Mecca

Mecca Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +7,499
    It's an interesting debate there are lots of people that think tanking is a legit team building strategy.

9. morweeg

morweeg Triple Double Certified Organic Batch Master

Ratings:
    +54,131
    FTFY

• Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  10. morweeg

Ratings:
    +54,131
    I don't sports, btw.

• LOL LOL x 3
  11. samoth84

samoth84 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +14,778
    [​IMG]

• Love Love x 1
  12. samoth84

samoth84 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +14,778
    Why u no spertz?

13. jessers

jessers Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +44,726
    There are lots of people that think really silly things, that doesn't make them right, or even debatable. It's an issue of morality at that point and it's cheating, flat out.

• Love Love x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. lightningchad

lightningchad Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,173
    Gah, don't remind me....the Titans had the 5th pick that year...and took Corey Davis.

15. Mecca

Mecca Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +7,499
    Cubs, Astros, Padres, White Sox are all teams that are good because they tore down their major league rosters to be good 4 years later.

Do you think the Cubs or Astros would trade their titles to win 10 more games in their bad years?

16. morweeg

Ratings:
    +54,131
    They don't hold my interest that much, that's all.

• Love Love x 2
  17. jim718181

jim718181 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +3,515
    Going to have to call BS on this. They got Mahomes because they traded two 1st rounders to Buffalo to move up. Without him they were average.

18. Mecca

Mecca Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +7,499
    The Titans are a perfect example of a team stuck in purgatory, they are a solid team but Ryan Tannehill won't beat Pat Mahomes in the playoffs.

19. SunlitSunflower

SunlitSunflower baby head

Ratings:
    +36,431
    Haha look at that ball go. It was grabbed by the wrong team! DAMN. OH NO! GOOD TEAM GRABBED BALL AND WENT! OH THEY MADE IT! WOOOOOOOO!

• LOL LOL x 2
    • Yikes Yikes x 1
  20. samoth84

samoth84 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +14,778
    I know, I was just typing stupid words.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.