09/28 TurkerView Thursday x2

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by ChrisTurk, Sep 28, 2017.

?

What scripts do you currently use for Turking (scraping/finding HITs & PandA'ing)?

Poll closed Sep 29, 2017.
  1. HIT Finder Beta (script only, no MTS)

32 vote(s)
    23.4%
  2. HIT Scraper

31 vote(s)
    22.6%
  3. mTurk Suite (HF, HC, etc)

81 vote(s)
    59.1%
  4. Overwatch

78 vote(s)
    56.9%
  5. Panda Crazy

109 vote(s)
    79.6%
  6. TurkMaster

15 vote(s)
    10.9%
  7. Other (please drop a comment and @ me w/ the script name)

4 vote(s)
    2.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    Wait, what is TurkerView?
    Its our new review platform for HITs/Requesters. Its neat, please use it, or I'll have to Buzby one member a day until everyone complies :emoji_joy:

For more info check out this thread. If you're already familiar with it, just check out the new feature I added last night & continue pimping it out / leaving reviews :ba:

Heyooo!

So its been a full week since we released TurkerView Beta for member use. I'm pretty freaking pumped, thank you to everyone who has given it a whirl and left a review (or 10). We've already got almost 500 unique Requesters & 1,000 individual reviews. That is way higher than I expected, user adoption has been absolutely fantastic, so :ba: :ba: :ba: This thread is to help me figure out which direction to go for scraper integration/support, and to show off a new toy on the site :emoji_wink:

TurkerView has already started evolving into what the community wants it to be. This past week I set up a new system to attempt to attach PandAs to the review exports and its spawned its own little subset of features. I'm now uploading partials of my private HIT logs to the server, and more and more pieces of it will become available over the next days/weeks. The first piece of it is obviously being attached to the "TurkerView Exports" in the form of PandAs, but last night I added expanded access to the log through Requester pages themselves:

[​IMG]

So yeah, individual Requesters now have at least a partial (I haven't fully integrated my scraper system into TV yet, so some data may still go missing) HIT history for their account attached to the system. You can access it by clicking the Analytics tab for the time being. I know that's not really the true/conventional definition of Analytics, but that tab was actually being reserved for something else and I think it'll eventually be more fleshed out / expanded on from this but for now they fit OK into it.

Anyway, since I'm doing this all on a live/production environment, you may hit bugs more often than normal (..which is already pretty often, so SORRY haha). If you do just hit me up and I'll try to fix as I can :)

So yeah, some new features are sprinkled around, nothing earth shattering but it was a good time to re-plug the site for everyone who hasn't been around in the last week so I'm going with it haha.

The Poll
    I've attached a poll to this thread to get a feel for what people are currently using to find / panda HITs. Just do me a favor and toss a quick vote for whatever tools you currently use in your day-to-day Turking (you can pick as many as you want, but please only vote for ones you actually do use) so I can see what makes the most sense to flesh out support for moving forward.

• Love Love x 9
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Ness

Ness Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +9,222
    [​IMG]

• Love Love x 1
  3. Ness

Ness Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +9,222
    Title: Research on Relationships and Personality(~ 24 minutes) | PANDA
    Requester: Jenny Olson [A2YQ70G2WN5RKI] (TO)
    TO Ratings:
    ★★★★★ 2.80 Communicativity
    ★★★★★ 3.39 Generosity
    ★★★★★ 3.96 Fairness
    ★★★★ 4.02 Promptness
    Number of Reviews: 67 | TOS Flags: 1
    Submit a new TO review
    Description: We're interested in learning more about marriage, personality, and decision-making.
    Time: 60 minutes
    HITs Available: 1
    Reward: $2.00
    Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 100;Exc: [59131-58542] has not been granted;HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 80;Location is one of: US

• Nom Nom Nom! Nom Nom Nom! x 9
  4. Melting Glacier

Melting Glacier PE: $30.01 - That's over $1.25/hour! ┬┴┤( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴

Ratings:
    +11,423
    Alright, I killed my quad-window thing, closed AHK and I'm about to fire up some vidya. Should be back anyyy second now. :emoji_confounded:

• LOL LOL x 1
  5. Ness

Ness Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +9,222
    Title: How entrepreneurs think(~ 13 minutes) | PANDA
    Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
    Requester: SurveyComet [A3NC2P2SPK9QQ] (Contact)
    TO 1: [Pay: 4.25] [Fast: 4.74] [Comm: 4.33] [Fair: 4.85] [Reviews: 453] [ToS: 1]
    TO 2:
    [Rate: $16.06/hr] [Pen: 0.04 days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: 100% of 4] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
    Reward:
    $1.30
    Duration: 45 minutes
    Available: 1
    Description: Not Available
    Requirements: Total approved HITs is not less than 100; Total approved HITs is not greater than 100000; Exc: [53042-52453] has not been granted ; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 80; Location is one of: US
    HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.25.7
    10 minutes

• Nom Nom Nom! Nom Nom Nom! x 5
  6. Ness

Ness Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +9,222
  7. Jude

Jude Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,798
    Hey everyone :wave: I've been up all night packing up my house for my move on Friday, so that all I have to do today is pack the car. I haven't decided whether or not to pull an all-nighter. :flail:

• Like Like x 3
    • 5/5 Pay 5/5 Pay x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  8. Ness

Ness Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +9,222
    Title: Political Attitudes Survey(~ 10 minutes) | PANDA
    Requester: Ginges Lab [A149TXZJB2OWR7] (Contact)
    TO 1: [Pay: 3.21] [Fast: 4.58] [Comm: 3.73] [Fair: 4.63] [Reviews: 118] [ToS: 0]
    TO 2:
    [Rate: --/hr] [Pen: -- days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: -- of 0] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
    Reward:
    $1.20
    Duration: 45 minutes
    Available: 1
    Description: Not Available
    Requirements: Total approved HITs is not less than 100; Exc: [895093849-58532] has not been granted ; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95; Location is one of: US

7:15

• Nom Nom Nom! Nom Nom Nom! x 11
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
  9. joie de vivre

joie de vivre Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +2,313
    I love you Turkers.

• Love Love x 4
  10. joie de vivre

Ratings:
    +2,313
  11. total

total Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,041
    Those were some confusing instructions regarding the code.

12. Melting Glacier

Ratings:
    +11,423
    I'm sure you're amped-up now, but I hope you can get some sleep before heading out! I was sleep-deprived after a 4-day vacation and while heading home from Baltimore I nodded off on the highway long enough to hit the rumble strips... good thing I was on the outside lane. :emoji_grimacing: The good part is I got jolted so strongly I didn't have any trouble staying awake after that. :emoji_sweat_smile:

• Love Love x 1
  13. jdzane

jdzane Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,650
    Rekogs?

14. Melting Glacier

Ratings:
    +11,423
    yeh. A few small-ish drops over the past 4 or 5 hours, been gone for an hour now

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  15. SeDuCeR

SeDuCeR Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +11,180
    Title: Find associated product information for a given barcode value | PANDA
    Requester: Amazon Requester Inc. - Visual Search [A2QXTI4H4W71Q4] (Contact)
    TO 1: [Pay: 4.12] [Fast: 3.59] [Comm: 1.75] [Fair: 4.62] [Reviews: 20] [ToS: 0]
    TO 2:
    Not Available
    Reward: $0.10
    Duration: 60 minutes
    Available: 1152
    Description: Find associated product information for a given barcode value and provide product title and source url where the information was found
    Requirements: Location is one of: US-AK, US-AZ, US-CA, US-CT, US-DC, US-DE, US-FL, US-GA, US-IL, US-IN, US-KS, US-KY, US-MA, US-MD, US-MI, US-MN, US-MT, US-NC, US-ND, US-NH, US-NJ, US-NV, US-NY, US-OH, US-OR, US-PA, US-SC, US-TN, US-TX, US-VA, US-WA, US-WI, US-WV; Masters has been granted; Location is US

• Nom Nom Nom! Nom Nom Nom! x 1
  16. joie de vivre

Ratings:
    +2,313
    I love you all

17. Melting Glacier

Ratings:
    +11,423
    :eek:

Do you do bahcodes? 2scary4me :emoji_scream_cat:

18. Dr McCoy

Dr McCoy Active Turker

Ratings:
    +826
    When I'm looking at all of those requesters, what am I looking at? Are they batches? Are they surveys? Is this just a new review forum?

19. SeDuCeR

SeDuCeR Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +11,180
    very very cherry, picked lol

• 5/5 Pay 5/5 Pay x 1
  20. joie de vivre

Ratings:
    +2,313
    Hugs

Thread Status: