11/26 - Thankful for The Years & Those That Thrived

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by ChrisTurk, Nov 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    Thankfulness

[​IMG]

I will unapologetically copy/paste the most important part of last year's thread (updating a broken link) here:

This thread doesn't get nearly the love it deserves, but for those unaware @humbleturker is THE man with this kinda stuff (hey dude, thank you for that).

For some light study reading that (sadly) didn't use MTurk you can find the original study here: https://greatergood.berkeley.edu/pdfs/GratitudePDFs/6Emmons-BlessingsBurdens.pdf

https://www.health.harvard.edu/newsletter_article/in-praise-of-gratitude

I've shilled it for years (literally) & it's my jam.

---end pasta

This year, more than ever, it has legitimately pulled me through some shiii..tuff lol. I have thought of many of y'all far more often then I've been able to post here lol.

I think this might actually be the least I've posted on the forum in a single year - actually yeah confirmed. I've posted less in 2020 than 2018/2019 (though tbf lmao Oct of 2019/2020 are just nutso anomalies so you can blame BabyTurk LOL).

In any case, as for a lot of folks, rough year, and now looking at that I'm all the more thankful for you guys/gals :emoji_heart_eyes: Okay, focus on +++:

Four Years

[​IMG]

This is, for a good few of us, our fourth Thanksgiving together on this particular forum (I have no clue what we were all doing before November 2016 but I'm sure it was super sophisticated and totally civil :emoji_joy: @jessers @WimpLo @laby @Tripsa @leafs4_cup @THFYM ). That's turking nuts. Half of those people tagged had banned me from a forum back then LOL. And just in case you're curious, this is what exports used to look like "back in the uphill both ways days"

upload_2020-11-26_3-4-37.png

And a most important way too often missed shoutout to all those who...

Thrived & took off

[​IMG]

Last year, I tried a mad rush to tag as many people as I could to thank. This year, especially lately, I've been looking a bit further back. There is no one from the thread last year I wouldn't also tag this year, and thankfully the list would actually be larger (hi @WillowWolf ), but holy shirts I never get to love on the folks who are gonezo (or who I KNOW ARE ABOUT TO BE LOL).

It's no secret I have a bit of an attachment disorder for those of y'all who eventually fly the turkey coop. But a few weeks ago now a super long time member shot me a message saying they got a "big boy" job. Salary, benefits, all that snazzy stuff. About two weeks before that, someone had sent me an incredibly nice email about how TV was helping them Turk through difficult times (which most of y'all deserve far more than my monkey butt). I've had both messages open on my monitors as a background service ever since, and they've legitimately been dragging me through this fall.

So let me be clear: Anytime someone bounces for anything they want to do, I'm so fucking happy. Seriously. I am insanely blessed anytime anyone helps me stick around here for another week, so god bless any/everyone who moves on to stuff they have as their next step. I have absolutely not earned it in 2020 and I 100% apologize for that, but in a year that exploded a lot of our lives I cannot thank everyone who will possibly read this thread enough for pulling my tail end through and I guaran-effing-tee ( :emoji_fingers_crossed::emoji_fingers_crossed::emoji_fingers_crossed:*) I will pay it back in spades in the next year.

..unless the Amazon drones finally do the thing :emoji_joy::emoji_joy::emoji_joy:

[​IMG]

TLDR:

Thank you.

Seriously, thank. you.

* I said how excited I was for 2020 last year and a freaking PLAGUE hit us so let's do the boyscout thing & hedge our bets LOL.

** lmao I totally got sidetracked looking at old as dirt threads, I feel like a freaking :emoji_older_man: who has watched far too many grandbabies go off to college or something someone take me behind the barn already LOL

• Love Love x 44
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Spilota

Spilota Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,543
    • How did the turkey manage to survive Thanksgiving?
      By being ahead of the carve!

• LOL LOL x 10
    • Yikes Yikes x 1
    • WOW WOW x 1
  3. gener

gener Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +11,568
    We thank you CT. I'm happy we have a community to vent to, ask for help, lean on for support, and to be friends with. This is a good place you founded, and thank you for that.

• Love Love x 6
  4. PeachyRider

PeachyRider 777

Ratings:
    +57,066
    Gbless turkerview
    love you @ChrisTurk

happy thanksgiving

• Love Love x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  5. AlexZ

AlexZ Distinguished Butthat

Ratings:
    +45,934
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

[​IMG]

And @ChrisTurk, thanks for everything you do man, this place is amazeballs and I'm super grateful that this community exists. :ba:

• Love Love x 14
    • Like Like x 1
  6. gener

gener Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +11,568
    100% agree

• Love Love x 5
  7. Girl Polar Bear

Girl Polar Bear Queen of the North

Ratings:
    +45,742
    What's the difference between a hippo and a zippo? One is really heavy, the other is a little lighter.

• LOL LOL x 8
    • Love Love x 2
    • Yikes Yikes x 1
  8. Girl Polar Bear

Ratings:
    +45,742
    You are welcome. MA FORUM, MA THANKS.

• LOL LOL x 4
    • Love Love x 1
  9. gener

gener Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +11,568
    :hitwithrock:

• LOL LOL x 2
  10. Girl Polar Bear

Ratings:
    +45,742
    :thispoorguy:

• LOL LOL x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Asleep By Dawn

Asleep By Dawn Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +1,462
    Heyyy folks

• Like Like x 1
  12. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    Lol totally lost track of time
    [​IMG]

welp happy turkey day

[​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 2
    • Love Love x 2
  13. gener

gener Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +11,568
    I guess none of us sleep?

• LOL LOL x 3
  14. AlexZ

AlexZ Distinguished Butthat

Ratings:
    +45,934
    [​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 2
    • WOW WOW x 1
  15. Moridin

Moridin Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,904
    11 months ago I was in a financial situation that seemed totally hopeless. Looking around for a third job that I could work from home, I stumbled on turking and figured I’d give it a shot. After a month of making pennies grinding out Billings and transcription hits I was ready to call it quits but in the end I decided to give it one last go.

I searched for advice online and ended up here, and it was transformative. The tips/resources/advice present here allowed me to make turking a full-time gig over the next few months and nearly a year later I’ve dropped 1 job and cut down to part time on another. For the first time in forever I can actually just kick back once in a while and relax. Just breathe. And I owe a lot of that to the help a small handful of individuals here have given me, who I’d tag if my sleep-starved and forum-dumb brain could figure out how to do so. You people know who you are and you have my deepest gratitude.

I know I don’t post on here much at all (outside of a bajillion survey reviews) but I’m always skimming the daily and you all are good for a chuckle whenever I need a break from a batch or my fiftieth product survey of the day. This is one of the best communities I’ve ever been a part of. Thanks for that, and I hope all of you fine folks have a wonderful day!

• Love Love x 21
  16. BluAngel

BluAngel Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,046
    Tanmay [A3AX9R56FD1BFL] Research examines factors that influence green hotel visitation and participation in eco-friendly initiatives. - $1.00 | PANDA

Generous

Unrated

Unrated
    $15.19 / hour
    00:03:57 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Catchability: Great (HIT Last Seen: one minute ago)
    Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) > 95; Total approved HITs > 5000; Location EqualTo US;

To read Tanmay's full profile check out TurkerView!

17. IcyTundra

IcyTundra Tundra Thundra

Ratings:
    +17,080
    Thanks for the awesome message @ChrisTurk . Appreciate this forum, and appreciate you. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving.

Also lol - loving that my turkey in front of bunnies is cooked now?

upload_2020-11-26_5-18-59.png

• Love Love x 12
    • LOL LOL x 1
  18. IcyTundra

IcyTundra Tundra Thundra

Ratings:
    +17,080
    • Love Love x 5
  19. BluAngel

BluAngel Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,046