11/28 - Merry Monday!

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by TissueHime, Nov 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jagdpanzer

Jagdpanzer Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +3,443
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beat you to that several weeks ago.....:laser:

Subject: You've received a bonus from Unanimous A.I.

Priority: Normal Date: Monday, November 7, 2016 5:23 PM Size: 4 KB

Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Unanimous A.I. for work related to
    3HY86PZXPY40M2WFYVV6ZEEDWGQ1EI.
    The value of your bonus is: $5.00 USD

The Requester included this note:
    Congratulations. You are receiving this bonus because you had the highest score
    on UNU's English Premier League soccer HIT. Please join us again this Friday
    for the next EPL HIT.

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

2. Jagdpanzer

Ratings:
    +3,443

GARBAGE

• Like Like x 1
  3. adaaaam

adaaaam Active Turker

Ratings:
    +59
    Beat and delivery is dope, the message was in the lyrics: "why the fuck u mad"

if u wanted to see a cool music video though this one is hella sickkkk

4. Jagdpanzer

Ratings:
    +3,443
  5. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    Friends, I've updated the toolbox on the left again. The 'blacklist' feature will now work (whitelist still disabled for now).

It will completely remove posts from anyone on it that does not contain a HIT, script, or other mTurk related useful content. Thus, there is no reason not to use it to your advantage. If you find a user to be annoying or posting too much for your liking, please feel free to use your personal blacklist liberally to filter their content - all while not missing anything useful they may post on occasion (which the built-in ignore feature of XenForo does not offer).

On this note, there is no reason to be baited into arguments or whatever. Using the excuse "s/he started it!" wont be grounds for avoiding a perm-ban from here on out. I handed out more than one temp-ban of varying lengths from this weekend, and I hate doing that because its lame.

ETA: Also, Titanium/dark theme has been enabled for a while now today.. its not polished yet but its active. Still waiting on a reply from PE about buying the dark font awesome thing because their ordering page is weird.

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 3
  6. adaaaam

adaaaam Active Turker

Ratings:
    +59
    How come you keep removing my dislikes of posts I dislike like jagdpzner and Lauren but you left her 45 dislikes on all of my posts LOL

7. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    I deleted the ones jagd just gave you.. and on my screen it shows you at -0 which means you shouldn't have any other dislikes on your posts.. I've been deleting most of the 'dislike' spam as I see it.

ETA: Oh, I see.. hmm its not reflected in your total on my screen, not sure why.

• Like Like x 1
    • Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  8. adaaaam

adaaaam Active Turker

Ratings:
    +59
    ah I thought there was a conspiracy going on or something lol [​IMG]

edit: his instigatory op i genuinely disliked because it served no purpose other than to cause drama, i think it should remain on that one

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
  9. SalafisSalih

SalafisSalih New Turker

Ratings:
    +8
    Anyone else havinga problem with Pinterest? Nothing is loading

10. Randomacts

Randomacts Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +124,073
  11. Nacho Ferret

Nacho Ferret Active Turker

Ratings:
    +338
    Will threads created by a blacklisted user be visible? On MTG, if an ignored person created a daily thread, it was invisible.

12. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    Yes, it will be visible. Their actual post inside the thread will be removed, but you'll have no problems whatsoever getting to it.

It will only hide their content within daily threads, and it will only hide it if the post does not have a HIT, script, or a few other "triggers" that are work related (this way you can feel good ignoring a user knowing that if by chance they do post something useful/helpful to you you'll still see it).

Its a complete revamp and massive upgrade to the built-in XenForo system. Don't use the XenForo system, use the tool to the left.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
  13. adaaaam

adaaaam Active Turker

Ratings:
    +59
    I get a message saying no work left

14. Nacho Ferret

Nacho Ferret Active Turker

Ratings:
    +338
    Awesome, you're the bomb! Also I feel like this is your way of saying you don't want to be the toddler police and for people to deal with their hurt feelings themselves. ;)

• Like Like x 4
  15. Callaway1

Callaway1 Turker

Ratings:
    +94
    They were working fine for me about an hour ago, but nothing left to work on now.

16. adaaaam

adaaaam Active Turker

Ratings:
    +59
    how long's one take u?

17. Callaway1

Callaway1 Turker

Ratings:
    +94
    If they're all normal pins without spam... A minute tops? Usually closer to 45 seconds or so. If I have to stop to mark spam, a little longer.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  18. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    It was a planned feature and absolutely is not targeted at any single user. I used it a lot on MTG, so it predates this forum. But yes, I want people to use it because I think forcing other people (if not me, the mods) to police adults is wrong. Not only are they unpaid (I'd actually like to change this as well) but if nothing else it takes time away from them that they could be earning $ on mTurk. The forum can't survive without a userbase and a large userbase is going to have personality conflicts. That's just life, we're all human and have our own things that get annoying blah blah blah. A lot of my focus the next few days/weeks will be improving the systems that other forums have neglected to make the user experience better. Then I'll be implementing some things aimed at making folks more $.

So yeah, try not to strangle each other to death will ya? :p

• Like Like x 5
  19. Randomacts

Randomacts Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +124,073

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  20. lightningchad

lightningchad Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,173
    Title: Answer a survey about how you browse and search the internet | PANDA
    Requester: Liv [A1VEMCZIJXTZZX] (TO)
    TO Ratings:
    ★★★★★ 5.00 Communicativity
    ★★★★ 4.60 Generosity
    ★★★★★ 2.33 Fairness
    ★★★★★ 5.00 Promptness
    Number of Reviews: 12 | TOS Flags: 0
    Submit a new TO review
    Description: Take a short survey to help us learn more about how people browse and search the web.
    Time: 45 minutes
    HITs Available: 1
    Reward: $1.50
    Qualifications: Total approved HITs is greater than 500;HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 90;Previous Worker has not been granted;Location is US
    like 5 mins

• 5/5 Pay 5/5 Pay x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.