11/30 - Threshold Thursday!

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by Melting Glacier, Nov 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MNHammer

MNHammer Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +23,836
    Serious congratulations! I have been seeing a therapist consistently for three years, and she stopped seeing patients at the end of last month. I initially thought I could handle the transition with just seeing my psychiatrist, and realized after three weeks that I needed another counselor, STAT.

• Love Love x 8
  2. Hummingbirdee

Hummingbirdee Big Bird

Ratings:
    +115,701
    That's great! I did the therapy round up for years myself (bipolar) and it's such a great thing when you feel like you're at a point where you can ease back because you have better coping sklls. I'm so happy for you girlie! Great work!

[​IMG]

• Love Love x 5
  3. NBadger

NBadger Mod of Cat Gifs

Ratings:
    +40,241
    Why in heaven's name was there a $2 survey with a 4.29 TO just chilling for 2 hours unclaimed

What is wrong with it :flail:

• LOL LOL x 3
  4. angel

angel Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +28,535
    Congratulations haven't been through this personally but I have a son with some serious mental health issues and I know this was a big step:ba:

• Love Love x 5
  5. CheshireKitty

CheshireKitty Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +5,022
    Thank you <3<3<3 I hope that you're able to find someone quickly that works out well for you. The place that I go is a local mental health center, it's government subsidized so the turnover rate is horrid. Most of my therapists only lasted a few months and it was always really rough when I had to wait for them to replace them. They eventually started temporarily shoving me on to other ones while I waited because I couldn't handle going without.

• Love Love x 2
  6. MNHammer

MNHammer Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +23,836
    Title: 2 Part Memory Task (Part 2 is posted 6 days after Part 1)(~ 15 minutes) | PANDA
    Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
    Requester: Cognition and Learning Lab [A2Z7DRFCANJ7P] (Contact)
    TO 1: [Pay: 3.36] [Fast: 4.91] [Comm: 4.29] [Fair: 4.96] [Reviews: 74] [ToS: 0]
    TO 2:
    [Rate: --/hr] [Pen: -- days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: -- of 0] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
    Description:
    In this experiment, you will study a text and take memory tests. You will be sent a second HIT in 6 days that will take 7 minutes to complete. You will be paid $2.00 for completing Part 2 in addition to $1.50 for completing Part 1 for a total of $3.50.
    Time: 1 hour
    HITs Available: 1
    Reward: $1.50
    Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Exc: [2046890805-65922] DoesNotExist ; Location In US;

• Nom Nom Nom! Nom Nom Nom! x 8
  7. MNHammer

MNHammer Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +23,836
    • Nom Nom Nom! Nom Nom Nom! x 21
  8. splishsplash

splishsplash Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +2,136
    WTH is with Panda Crazy?
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. SoonerChris

SoonerChris Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +6,959
    I've been lazy today...

Today's Projected Earnings: $13.32

but...

Projected earnings for the week: $172.76

• 5/5 Pay 5/5 Pay x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. DikDik

DikDik Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,637
    Today's Projected Earnings: $9.37
    Projected earnings for the week $83.86

You've got me beat

• 5/5 Pay 5/5 Pay x 1
  11. CheshireKitty

CheshireKitty Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +5,022
    They flip flopped a lot with mine if it was a depressive disorder or bipolar, but apparently in the end I think it was generalized anxiety disorder that was making it so bad. Anxiety wouldnt let me sleep, or when I would sleep it would be just terrible and I wouldn't feel rested at all. I finally found a medication that helps and now that I am able to sleep it's almost like i'm seeing the world in an entirely new way. I don't want to get my hopes up or anything because I know the nature of bipolar type disorders is to be up and down, but god it feels good to feel good for once (and not just manic "I think I feel really good" kind of good).

• Love Love x 4
  12. SoonerChris

SoonerChris Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +6,959
    TBH I've been lazy most of the week. My Sergey qual has been good tho.

Sergey Schmidt 1084 108.40

• 5/5 Pay 5/5 Pay x 1
  13. DikDik

DikDik Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,637
    Nice! I need to make sure to keep an eye out for that qual test. What I miss are the unicorn sergey batches, Sergey Schmidt 1441 72.05, it was super easy money this Summer.

14. splishsplash

splishsplash Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +2,136
    [​IMG]

15. slothbear

slothbear Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +22,069
    $9 more to goal, cmon batchz!

• Love Love x 1
  16. Totally Not Salem

Totally Not Salem Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +5,034
    It's a survey.

• LOL LOL x 4
    • Nom Nom Nom! Nom Nom Nom! x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  17. Rocknrolla

Rocknrolla Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +7,585
    I did that once. 4 days later I threatened the entire police department and got committed on a 5150 - They didnt bring charges against me tho since i had issues before

• 5/5 Pay 5/5 Pay x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  18. Hummingbirdee

Hummingbirdee Big Bird

Ratings:
    +115,701
    I got diagnosed as a kid, it runs in my family and it was super obvious when I was little. My parents didn't believe in psych treatment though, so decided to pull me out of therapy. That did not go well. When I got to college, I was able to be in control of my own care a lot more so it was a lot better. I had a serious bout of depression last year for a few months and then I got assaulted, which super made things fun, and I went back to a shrinky dinky for awhile just to make sure I could get back on track without a spiral. I've ran support groups and whatnot over the years, did my degree in Psych when I went back to college for the second time, and I generally am huge on positive mental health experiences! It's amazing you feel better, and hopefully things will be better from here on out! That being said, never feel bad if you need to reach out for help again, better to ask when you think you need it and help yourself from getting worse, than to go back to day 1 all over again. I have a happy light, which I adore, and I bask in front of it every day like a lizard. There's almost nothing better than when things finally start to taste good again, and that you can actually experience joy that isn't manic. <3

Big Kudos for facing your issues and actively working on them!

[​IMG]

• Love Love x 5
  19. Rocknrolla

Rocknrolla Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +7,585
    Good luck to you tho and I am super happy for you

20. NBadger

NBadger Mod of Cat Gifs

Ratings:
    +40,241
    Elif Eylul Tekin [A3G0QQETWTYNIF] Answer questions about video - $2.00 | PANDA

Generous

Unrated

Unrated
    $19.51 / hour
    00:06:09 / completion time
    Pros: 2 parts of the survey (1 ~30 sec video + 1 page of bubbles + 1 memory q each, as listed in the consent form). Super easy.
    Cons: No progress bar
    To read Elif Eylul Tekin's full profile check out TurkerView!

• Nom Nom Nom! Nom Nom Nom! x 7
    • Good Review! Good Review! x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.